Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Feels like a miss?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Ranger 
#1 ·
I just got a 2002 Seville STS with 64K from an older lady, she drove it soft when she did drive it. It was/is using a lot of oil about 3/4 of a qt for about 450 miles, So I thought it needs to be "cleaned out" and driven hard. I remember from my last car a 97 Deville these like some red-line shifts and hard driving to keep them clear and clean. So I did three hard acc. from a stop. One red-line shift getting out on the highway, then I just downshifted from OD to 3 and floored it getting on the next highway. That last time made the "check engine light" come on and flash a few times then go off. That time it did not make it to red-line. felt bogged down. So I drove nice the rest of the way, when I got to my des. I noticed it had what felt like a miss. Shut it off, then heading home a few mins after starting the check engine light came on and stayed on. I tired to get the codes from the dash but everything was history so I cleared it last night drove around town today still missing but no check engine light?

Any ideals on what's wrong what happened? I drive nice all the time and only plan on doing red-line clean outs a few times a year ( I don't drive a lot).

#2 ·
First off you did it wrong. Do the WOT in 2nd gear. Read the Technical Archive at the upper left corner.

You should have written down those codes when you pulled them. Hard to say what the misfire is, plug, ignition cassette (coil), injector, dirty TB, ripped plenum duct?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.