: Spring or Summer Florida meet?

93DevilleUSMC
01-29-12, 04:06 PM
I think we should definitely do one. Should we do a spring break meet, or a summer meet? West palm Beach again, or maybe Jacksonville? Any ideas?

Crash-Override
02-03-12, 11:58 AM
I will be in Jacksonville on Thursday, April 26th. So if its then i am in.

Also have a wedding there towards the end of May which I may be able to make something open.

77CDV
02-03-12, 01:59 PM
Assuming I get the time off, I'll be in St. Augustine June 13-16 for the CLC Grand National.

93DevilleUSMC
02-05-12, 11:22 AM
CC Grand National? Sounds interesting. What is it?

----------

Clc*

Stingroo
02-05-12, 11:59 AM
Summer, yo. Summer>

Craig, info?

77CDV
02-05-12, 10:41 PM
https://cadillaclasalleclub.org/meets-and-tours/2012-grand-national?layout=blog

I really want to go. Badly.

Must. Get. Time. Off.

With a little luck (or formidible armaments aligned with a specific cranium), the 69 should be good to go by then, and I would relish the chance to take her on a transcontinental run. I-10 coast to coast! :) Otherwise, the 77 will make her second transcontinental round trip under my ownership. Upside of that is, her twin lives in FL.

Stingroo
02-06-12, 08:39 AM
Damn that looks AWESOME.

I'd never be able to swing doing all of the things I'd want to do there... holy. What a meet.

It sucks being poor, lol

93DevilleUSMC
02-06-12, 04:45 PM
I'm on board! So, guys, how does June 15-17th sound as a date for the meet?

Stingroo
02-06-12, 11:21 PM
Don't you have to be a CLC member to go to said event?

77CDV
02-07-12, 02:12 PM
To participate in the ancillary events, yes. Although I could register y'all as my guests (membership has it's privileges). Participation in the show is restricted to member cars, but the showfield is open to the general public, so anyone can be a spectator. BTW, CLC membership is only $35/year ($25/yr if you're 25 or younger).

93DevilleUSMC
02-07-12, 02:43 PM
Well, in that case, Craig, we can all go as spectators. What else is there to do in St. Augustine?

77CDV
02-07-12, 05:15 PM
You'd have to ask Ray. As I understand it, Jax isn't far from St. Augustine.

Stingroo
02-07-12, 06:03 PM
I have no idea what's in St. Augustine to be honest with you. lol

hueterm
02-07-12, 06:34 PM
Isn't there some old fort? And isn't it the oldest settlement in N. America? (Or something like that...)

Craig, been reading through this thread. Does that '69 have cruise control? If not, you're leg is going to be sore by the time you get to FLA...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Augustine,_Florida

Stingroo
02-07-12, 06:43 PM
Yeah, the fort is there, but other than that I don't really know.

There's a kick ass outlet mall? :noidea:

93DevilleUSMC
02-07-12, 06:58 PM
Fortress tour, Cadillac/LaSalle Club Cruise. Good ideas so far. keep them coming, guys. What about a nice restaurant, and what about hotels?

Stingroo
02-07-12, 07:11 PM
No clue on hotels. I wouldn't be staying in one. Since it's a summer meet, I'd likely drive up for Saturday only, if I can even make it.

That is, unless my mother goes through with the plan to move us all to Jacksonville, then I'd be driving distance like I was in WPB, so I could do 2 days or whatever.

ThumperPup
02-07-12, 11:15 PM
where would this be happening i read somewhere St. Augustine ?
im moving to Boca Raton on the 16th i know its about 4 or 4 and half hour drive from St Augustine

77CDV
02-09-12, 03:30 AM
The 69 doesn't have CC (yet), but I have a stock set up kindly donated by GaryS. Should be an easy install. But first, I have to liberate the car from the body shop. I think the Allies had less trouble liberating France. :mad:

The-Dullahan
02-09-12, 10:33 PM
There is tons to do in St. Augustine if you like historic districts. I could spend days there and not be bored. In fact, I did!

The Lady and I went there last year, right around May and stayed at a local Bed and Breakfast. As soon as we pulled up, we were mistaken for the local Ghost Tour (Some associates of mine, guess what they drive) and then went about taking in the local scenery of Flagler college and the historic city areas. We also took the advice of the woman who ran our lodging to visit Meehan's Irish Pub, which had some of the best Beef Stew I have ever had at a restaurant.

We went through a lot of the historic buildings and the Lightner Museum and actually eventually did the walking Haunted Pub Tour (our guide seemed really interested in seeing my hearse and I in hers, but we never got the chance to share and compare) and we ended up going back to Meehan's by the end, where we made fast friends with the bartender and shared a few hundred dollars worth of whiskey with him, all at no charge (but left an amazing tip) Of course, I would not recommend that and as always, I only condone drinking if it is within your limit AND if there is no driving to be done. As automotive enthusiasts, I feel we can agree we owe that much to our cars, at least.

There are actually a lot of cool things to see and do locally and just like our last FL meet, which will go down in history, I think last-minute plans work great too.

It would be great if we could wrangle Paradox into joining us, the Ghost Tour Hearses are clones of his and mine, essentially. Also, while leaving I passed a flame-painted Buick Hearse in traffic and the coolest little Funeral Home outside Pennsylvania, which just had a collection of antique sedans and hearses sitting outside... Hmmm, that reminds me, I never checked precisely where they were again (Off to Google Earth)

Keep me posted, if I've nothing more to do and am in that corner of the country at the time, I will definitely make an appearance.

----------

The 69 doesn't have CC (yet), but I have a stock set up kindly donated by GaryS. Should be an easy install. But first, I have to liberate the car from the body shop. I think the Allies had less trouble liberating France. :mad:

That's because they used bombs. Have you tried using bombs yet?

Sting, as per hotels, look for AAA discounts (Are you a member?) If not, find a way to get Murdock down here and bunk with him in a suite with two-bed and split the bill.

93DevilleUSMC
02-10-12, 02:22 PM
Chamus, can you talk to that Meehan's guy and see what he thinks about a small group of us dropping in on his pub in June?

The-Dullahan
02-10-12, 05:47 PM
They'll welcome us with open arms. Lovely little place.

WheelExecutives
02-10-12, 06:51 PM
Figured I'd post in here.. looking for a v wagon to test fit some wheels on, will be paid for your time. if anyone is in south florida. hit us up!

93DevilleUSMC
02-11-12, 02:26 PM
Sounds like Meehan's is officially on the meet agenda.

93DevilleUSMC
02-13-12, 01:58 PM
Okay, ladies and gentlemen, any other ideas and suggestions? Stingroo, I think Mr. Wheel Excec. here is talking to you -hint,hint-

Stingroo
02-13-12, 05:13 PM
Nope, not so.

Those are hatchbacks. :p

93DevilleUSMC
02-16-12, 11:06 AM
Lodging ideas in this link:
http://www.expedia.com/St-Augustine-Hotels.d6047864.Travel-Guide-Hotels
Craig, which of these is closest to the CLC meet?

77CDV
02-16-12, 03:03 PM
None of the above. The host hotel (where the car show takes place) is off I-95 just north of 9 Mile Road. Although, there seems to be a cluster of reasonably prices hotels off I-95 at State Road 16. Flying guess, but that would be about 7-8 miles south, looks to be about 8-10 miles inland (or as inland as FL gets).

93DevilleUSMC
02-17-12, 01:11 PM
The hotel CLC is using will be $89 a night before tax. Not bad, but the hotels ten miles away can have you at that same rate before taxes and fees. Sounds like the extra ten miles of driving isn't that bad a deal in that case.

77CDV
02-18-12, 01:02 AM
I'd definitely recommend the hotels down the freeway. MUCH easier on the wallet, and if people split a room, it's better still.

In related news, I finally got confirmation from corporate office today that I've been approved for the two weeks in June I asked for! :) Now it's a question of which car to drive. If the 69 is ready, it'll make a good break in cruise for her. Otherwise, Rebecca and I will happily tackle the Christopher Columbus Transcontinental Highway, from sea to shining sea. FL here I come! :woohoo:

93DevilleUSMC
02-18-12, 08:15 PM
Make sure you do a road trip thread on that :)

77CDV
02-21-12, 05:51 PM
So, anyone have any idea when/what days we're all getting together? The main car show is on the Saturday. I'd just like to be able to plan.

93DevilleUSMC
02-22-12, 03:43 PM
I was thinking that we could meet that Friday evening, get situated in our rooms, then go out for dinner. Saturday morning and afternoon, we hit the car show and possibly the fortress or something, then Meehan's that night. Sunday is breakfast and departure. How does that sound?

77CDV
02-23-12, 01:17 AM
Works for me. How about everyone else?

The-Dullahan
03-03-12, 08:11 PM
Gotta look into this, but I'll see what I can do. Many things to do back and forth in the upcoming weeks and months. Craziness.

In fact, I think Karen may be in Florida by then...

cooncat
03-04-12, 05:51 PM
77CDV,which car will you be taking to the Grand National. Our local club is hosting this thing.

93DevilleUSMC
03-04-12, 08:07 PM
Cooncat, your members are definitely welcome to join us.

cooncat
03-05-12, 12:19 PM
Sounds like a great invite. That is if we have time. The big carshow event will be on Saturday at the hotel at the World Golf Village. We will have Cadillacs going back to the very early part of the last century. It will be great chance to see some really great antique Cadillacs.

77CDV
03-05-12, 10:26 PM
77CDV,which car will you be taking to the Grand National. Our local club is hosting this thing.

Depends. If my 69 FWB is ready in time, I want to drive that. Otherwise, I'll drive my 77 CDV.

cooncat
03-06-12, 09:12 AM
77CDV. I assume you have the hotel booked if you're going. You are going to love it. It's a great, luxurious hotel. There is a Caddyshack right next door to it. If you play golf, bring your clubs.

77CDV
03-06-12, 05:55 PM
Booked in at the alternate hotel. Looking forward to going and meeting up with the FL crew. :)

93DevilleUSMC
03-08-12, 12:28 AM
Sounds like a great invite. That is if we have time. The big carshow event will be on Saturday at the hotel at the World Golf Village. We will have Cadillacs going back to the very early part of the last century. It will be great chance to see some really great antique Cadillacs.

Maybe we'll come to you. Who knows.

The-Dullahan
03-10-12, 11:09 PM
If you play golf, bring your clubs.

Does that still apply to jousters, fencing instructors and ARMA members, because I've quite a few "clubs"

Actually I should look into the nearby hotels, because though I do not know if I am going yet, I should try to plan ahead.

93DevilleUSMC
03-11-12, 08:37 AM
Clubs? Does this apply to ASP batons and night sticks? Just kidding, I don't own either one.

93DevilleUSMC
03-30-12, 12:50 PM
Guys, in between the CLC show and Meehan's on Saturday, how about we squeeze in a run to Classic Dream Cars in Mt. Dora?

http://www.classicdreamcars.com/

77CDV
03-30-12, 01:16 PM
Sounds good to me. Josiah, who all is coming besides you and me?

93DevilleUSMC
03-30-12, 07:05 PM
So far it's me and you, Dullahan, maybe blue07CTS, and possibly some of your CLC guys. I think now I should do a thread for the meet itself since we've kinda picked out what we'll be doing. I wonder if putting up a Lounge thread would work as well?

77CDV
03-31-12, 12:58 AM
Couldn't hurt. I can tell you now that the CLC folks will be doing their own thing. The club organizes tours and such in conjunction with the car show. The whole thing actually starts on the Tuesday of that week, with Saturday being the big show day. Then Sunday it makes like Brigadoon and disappears completely.

fortes89
04-21-12, 04:11 PM
meet in MIAMI?

77CDV
04-21-12, 08:11 PM
As I recall, Miami is a couple hours (3? 4?) south of St. Augustine. I don't think there's enough time in my schedule to make it down there, which is a pity. I would love to drive the Overseas Highway to the Keys.

cooncat
04-21-12, 09:23 PM
Miami is about 5 hours from St. Augustine.

fortes89
04-22-12, 12:40 AM
Miami is about 5 hours from St. Augustine.
Yep, i went there for a few days "vacation" nice old town.... anyways the most i would drive for a meet would be like 1hr, i really dnt feel like going far :( even though meets are nice, makes me remember back in the days when i had the eclipse.... so people please lets plan one for south florida/miami area!

look I have a pic in ST. Augustine, just outside/next to the hotel I was staying - this was before I added rims, fog lights and the drop.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/fortes89/308967_303732979654236_100000526088909_1174219_837 582241_n.jpg

93DevilleUSMC
04-25-12, 05:04 PM
Guys, I think I'm going to have to push the meet back a month or so. Thinks are kind of up in the air as far as my two jobs, and right now I'm booked on weekends. How does a possible meet in late July sound?

77CDV
04-25-12, 05:39 PM
I'll be back at work. :(

fortes89
04-28-12, 01:48 AM
if you plan during the day, it has to be a weekend ... and if you planning afternoon/night it could be anytime after 6pm.

The-Dullahan
05-06-12, 09:42 PM
Not sure what either month holds for me anyhow. June sounds good though, because the Grand National meet in St. Augustine and immediately thereafter is the Professional Car Society meet in Daytona.

Not sure if I can make either of those events, OR July, but still. I guess just keep everyone updated on when the meet will be, Josiah.

Fortes - If you want a south FL meet, the best thing to do is post a new topic about it. You would be surprised how many members live in south FL.

77CDV
05-06-12, 11:57 PM
If you can come up, it would be good to see you, Chamus. :)

The-Dullahan
06-01-12, 12:06 AM
As of roughly ninety seconds ago, I tweaked scheduling for work and I will be off for the fourteenth, fifteenth and sixteenth of June. Bring it on.

77CDV
06-01-12, 12:21 AM
Hooray!!!! :woot:

The-Dullahan
06-01-12, 01:01 AM
Where's Sting?

77CDV
06-01-12, 02:04 AM
He said it all depends on the money situation, but he's going to try to come up on the Saturday.

BTW, if you need a place to crash, my room has an extra bed that's yours for the asking.

The-Dullahan
06-02-12, 12:58 AM
Really? That would be greatly appreciated. It will be just like old times.

If not, I'd have gotten a dual-bed room and bribed Sting to come up for free.

I have spoken with him though and he is also unsure, due to family reasons, so I guess he's on the maybe list.

Also, who exactly IS coming? Considering this is Josiah's thread, I say we kidnap him, throw him in the trunk of Craig's car and make him attend. (I'd use mine, but it has no trunk and is therefore less dramatic)

77CDV
06-02-12, 02:39 AM
Barring a flurry of last-minute interest, I'd say it's just you and me, lad. Josiah bowed out a couple pages back.

Oh, and clear your mailbox. Can't send you PMs as it says your box is full.

The-Dullahan
06-07-12, 07:01 PM
^Well, that explains a lot.

Yes, I noticed Josiah dropping out and all things still point to just us. Whatever the case, it will be an awesome meet.

cooncat
06-09-12, 04:33 PM
Just came back from my CLC meeting. There are 155 Cadillacs registered for the show, ranging in years from 1912 to the present. We also got word there will be a Corvette club show on the property as well. There is Caddyshack restaurant on site for those wanting to have lunch.

If any of you are coming from the same area, I advise you to carpool.

77CDV
06-10-12, 02:01 AM
I'm on my way! :)