: "Click" in Recaro

hulksdaddy
01-29-12, 11:41 AM
I know some have had this, so want to hear solutions, both dealerships and your own.

Seat "clicks",at the base, sounds like it's in the rear of the base. Rails seem to be tight. Any ideas?

MrMaschine
01-29-12, 06:37 PM
do this simple test. Remove the plastic trim on the left side of the seat where the controls are. Drive the car and place your hand on the side )flat) portion of the seat frame near the round press washer. See if the seat has any movement when driving, do this
in a parking lot and jam the steering hard left and right. this is how i found and finally solved my seat issues once and for all.

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-30-12, 08:14 AM
When you do the test MrMaschine stated, let me know if you find anything out of place. I can call and make an appointment at your local dealer for you.
Breanne
Cadillac Customer Service

M5eater
01-30-12, 08:29 AM
do this simple test. Remove the plastic trim on the left side of the seat where the controls are. Drive the car and place your hand on the side )flat) portion of the seat frame near the round press washer. See if the seat has any movement when driving, do this
in a parking lot and jam the steering hard left and right. this is how i found and finally solved my seat issues once and for all.

how do you remove this panel? I had a new one put on because they missed a hidden screw and the gaps with the adjacent panel are not ideal, I was going to try to fix it myself.

MrMaschine
01-30-12, 08:37 AM
the side trim is all clipped in there are screws toward the bottom of the seat in the rear corner. you just need to pull carefully. Since the plastic is so rigid and easily broken i heated the plastic up with a hair dryer very warm before i pulled the clips

this gives you access to the side frame where there is movement from the round washer with felt pad.

hulksdaddy
01-30-12, 10:25 AM

Was yours also making the "clunk" sound? Mine does it when the load(my ass) changes from one side to the other.

MrMaschine
01-31-12, 12:11 AM
Was yours also making the "clunk" sound? Mine does it when the load(my ass) changes from one side to the other.

Yes i had the same issue and they replaced the seats prior to me assuming the lease and it didnt solve it. PM me and location i
explain the real and only fix.

hulksdaddy
01-31-12, 12:20 AM
Think I found it. Moved the seat all the way up, then pulled on the track. Made the noise I'm hearing.

Should I tighten the track back there? If so, how do I remove the trim piece, and how tight should I go?

WhoseCadillacIsThat
01-31-12, 05:17 AM
I had the 'click' too....I didn't look I just took it to the dealer. They replaced the entire lumbar in the seat - 'click'/'clack' is gone. But I heard and felt it on turns with G force acting on me in the seat... They said it had broken (or unsuccessful) assembly welds in the lumbar assembly.

MrMaschine
01-31-12, 07:35 AM
i saw photos of these seats broken down how can a weld break in the lumbar when its just a series of bladders? these seat frames
are built like crap and for the $3400 upcharge we are getting screwed if you ask me. I never had seat issues on cars these
V seats are a total joke in their design and quality. Id like to know what country is responsible for making these seat frames

WhoseCadillacIsThat
01-31-12, 07:49 AM
i saw photos of these seats broken down how can a weld break in the lumbar when its just a series of bladders? these seat frames
are built like crap and for the $3400 upcharge we are getting screwed if you ask me. I never had seat issues on cars these
V seats are a total joke in their design and quality. Id like to know what country is responsible for making these seat frames

Let's have a look at the break-down of these seats.....share that here. I was told by the dealer....and wouldn't those 'bladders' need some means of support - like something to hold them in place?

I've had no problems except the initial one and I believe that these seats are far better than stock seats for enduring comfort and support.... The stock seats are fine for a DD but for better support and competitive driving the Recaros are the way to go. IMO

M5eater
01-31-12, 07:50 AM

I would agree, they look good and they support well, but for $3400 they had better be perfect, that's expensive even for the germans, and they're just far from that.

hulksdaddy
02-01-12, 09:39 AM
Scheduled it in for next Thursday. Let them figure it out. Will post what they find/do.

hulksdaddy
02-07-12, 07:26 PM
Brought the car in yesterday, got it back today. Work order says "Removed front seat removed trim attachment bracket and trimmed per DOC 5544A"

Apparently, one side is too long, and they have to grind it down to get rid of the excess material, which makes metal-to-metal contact with the frame. The ride home was creak free, so we'll see.