: Tire ing Question

erichthecatt
01-27-12, 06:27 PM
I have the Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 tires on my STS, and they ride really smooth, on a perfectly smooth road, on a rough road, they make the car ride like an old truck. Now my truck, on a rough road, rides like a cadillac. I have the pressue at 34. 30,000 miles on them. Any possibility of getting a different brand that will give me a non-jerking, smooth ride over imperfect roads?

EChas3
01-27-12, 08:26 PM
I bet my AWD with MRC road even worse on the OEM MXM 235/50R18 front & 255/45R18 rear. I switched to 4 Conti DWS 235/50R18's at 30 psi front & 29 psi rear. Big contrast to the hard & noisy Michelin's. Better grip, too!

Different people have different priorities. Tires are a personal choice. Tire rack is a nice place to start looking for your tires.

MacMuse
01-27-12, 10:03 PM
^what he said.

I was very disappointed with my OEM tires after they had 30K miles. they gre very stiff, unforgiving, and slick in any moisture.

Any quality tire will make a huge difference in the ride.

mckellyb
01-28-12, 10:02 AM
Another vote for the Continental Xreme DWS.

I need to lower my pressures, based on wear patterns, but I really like them. I will have a second set, let me put it that way.

erichthecatt
01-28-12, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Ill study up on the continental tires. The last set i bought for my bonneville gxp were the kuhmo lx platinum. I really liked the tire, but dont quite remember if they made for a softer ride, but they were a great improvement over the goodyear. In the meantime, maybe ill lower my pressure to 30, and see what diff it makes, and how much it lowers my mpg.....................................on a different note, anyone know why the timestamp is +8 hours when I make a post here??? I posted at 9:45 am, sat. timestamp says 5:44pm. well, i think im still in California unless we had a major earthquake last night, we had a major land shift.

mckellyb
01-28-12, 06:52 PM
GMT = +8 from you

Time zones...not your friend, sometimes.