: my Fleetwood (hope it works)

Adam
11-11-04, 04:20 PM
Well, i tried. hope this works. it turned out more purple but it isnt done. it still has to be buffed, wet sanded and the last clear coat has to be applied. then i am going to get the wheels put on as soon as they get here. 14x7s up front and 14x6s in the back. gold wires and a chrome dish. then for the hydraulics and the interior. it is pretty dull cause it only has one clear coat on it. hope everyone likes it. guess this is the only way i can post pics. i tried other ways but that "administrative password needed" thing kept popping up. picture quality isnt that good though.

FASSTWOOD
11-11-04, 06:53 PM
It didn't work. Can you e-mail the pics? If you can e-mail them to me and I 'll post them on this thread...

Adam
11-11-04, 06:56 PM
it didnt work? it works on my computer. ill email them to you but i gotta go to Hospice and check on them. send me a pm with your email and ill try emailing them. i deleted them off the computer so that is all i have.

FASSTWOOD
11-11-04, 07:12 PM
pm sent

scurling
11-11-04, 07:19 PM
Yes, LowLow, they are coming up for some reason. I sent the webmaster the error I was getting with the picture link in yor thread.

Adam
11-11-04, 08:42 PM
:hmm:

Adam
11-11-04, 08:58 PM
ill try it again.

Adam
11-11-04, 09:07 PM
:rant2: this is pissing me off.

Adam
11-11-04, 09:13 PM
it worked, holy crap i cant believe it. i emailed the pics to fasstwood and in turn it went into my email. i uploaded them from there and here they are. Fasstwood, thanks for the help. found a way around the system.

FASSTWOOD
11-11-04, 10:06 PM
Ha! da back door! Looks good I really like the color, but not crazy about the cadillac on the quarters. I think people will know its a caddy,...

Good luck with it don't get any scratches!!!

FASSTWOOD
11-11-04, 10:07 PM
You need some wheels now...

Adam
11-11-04, 10:12 PM
thanks. it will look better when it is completely finished. the Cadillac on the quarter panels wasnt supposed to be that big. it was supposed to be a foot long and 4 inches high. no one would let me see the car and it got screwed up. kinda makes me mad but hey, it is different. i have gotten mixed responses on them some people like them and other people dont. oh well, i like them. makes it stand out better in a crowd. a real eye catcher.

Adam
11-11-04, 10:14 PM
wheels, i have to see how this lawsuit turns out. if we dont lose, ill get some. read the top post. that will tell you what kinda wheels im gettin. hopefully in a month or two. some companies are giving me the run around sayin they dont make 14x6s. my friend is gonna order me some. he has before.

FASSTWOOD
11-11-04, 10:55 PM
Cool... good luck!!!

ocjmakaveli
11-11-04, 11:28 PM
very very nice but if you can get the cadillac reduced cause it's a lil distracting especially if that was your agreement they should honor it i personally would've put the fleetwood or brougham because anyone can tell its a cadillac but a lot of ppl mistake it for the deville etc.

anyways very nice job

are the handles white?

Adam
11-12-04, 10:49 PM
yeah we are gonna get that fixed. it shouldnt have been that big. he is gonna fix it when i take it back to get the last bit of it done. the handles are "Cadillac Gold" the rub strips are white. thanks for the compliments.

HotRodSaint
11-13-04, 08:27 AM
are the handles white?

I saw some stock style chrome handles on a Roadmaster once. I wonder thy the Fleetwood didn't get them?

I'd like to retrofit some big new chrome Escalade handles on my car.

I like the pinstripe on your hood.

It's a chame about that oversized Cadillac, but good idea. I agree that Fleetwood would look cool too. But probably on the front door instead. Or not. :p

ocjmakaveli
11-13-04, 10:05 PM
I saw some stock style chrome handles on a Roadmaster once. I wonder thy the Fleetwood didn't get them?

I'd like to retrofit some big new chrome Escalade handles on my car.

I like the pinstripe on your hood.

It's a chame about that oversized Cadillac, but good idea. I agree that Fleetwood would look cool too. But probably on the front door instead. Or not. :p

i was wondering about your idea about the escalade door handles i thought about this once I LOVE how the escalade/suburban doors open in which the handle is pulled straight out instead of upwards i think its smarter and better overall although i'm not quite sure if the look will be fitting i am still interested.

i'm pretty sure it would involve body work to make the hole slightly large from side to side just a lil and probably higher too.

the actual way it opens shouldn't be hard to adapt it's mostly the body work and actual cost of the new handles that wouldn't be cheap oh and the key lock/cylinder relocation?

doable but borderline worth it

later

HotRodSaint
11-13-04, 10:27 PM
the actual way it opens shouldn't be hard to adapt it's mostly the body work and actual cost of the new handles that wouldn't be cheap oh and the key lock/cylinder relocation?

doable but borderline worth it

later

I was thinking the body part would be the easiest and the mechanism would be the hardest. Since it's a rectangle and larger than our current opening, it should be easy to enlarge our hole slightly.

I like the big beefy look. And since it's a Chevy/GMC/Cadillac part, it's still Kosher. :thumbsup:

RBraczyk
11-13-04, 10:44 PM
All it does is change the angle of how the door unlatches.

juiceE
11-15-04, 11:47 AM
Those White Moldings Are Nice... How Much Did They Run U?

HotRodSaint
11-16-04, 11:17 AM
Those White Moldings Are Nice... How Much Did They Run U?

It looks like they are stock ones painted. :shhh:

Adam
11-16-04, 04:59 PM
they are stock ones painted. they used a trim paint on it so that it would stay on and look good.