: New noise, not a good one...

King335i
01-27-12, 04:17 PM
I noticed today that when my hood is open it sounds like there is a can of gravel shaking around, and it seems like one of my belts is emitting a cyclical whine. Are these noises normal? Do I have isolator rattle?

DiamondWhtV
01-27-12, 05:13 PM
Just a guess...but there is so much going on under the hood that there are many noises that are normal and are not familar with. If you don't hear with the hood closed, it maybe normal...but have it checked out with the professionals to be sure. First instinct is this is the isolator noise. I hear it on mine as well.

cdog533
01-27-12, 05:16 PM
Typical.

FLYING V
01-28-12, 11:16 PM
Sounds like an isolator rattle

King335i
01-30-12, 03:01 AM
Typical.

...?

----------

Just a guess...but there is so much going on under the hood that there are many noises that are normal and are not familar with. If you don't hear with the hood closed, it maybe normal...but have it checked out with the professionals to be sure. First instinct is this is the isolator noise. I hear it on mine as well.

Well I can say without a doubt that these noises have just developed and have never occurred before whilst driving the vehicle. I am concerned about isolator rattle, I am going to have it checked out.

e6t
01-30-12, 11:26 AM
cannot duplicate.

King335i
01-30-12, 01:24 PM
cannot duplicate.

Should be able to, hopefully. However, seems to be the case that the car fixes itself right as you pull up to the dealership and "cannot duplicate". A shame really, I hope this time that's not the case.