: Hidden CTS-V trim piece

M5eater
01-27-12, 02:57 PM
am I the only one that noticed GM embossed the hood latch cover trim piece with ''CTS-V"?

It's right behind the Cadillac grill badge.

Odd that they thought to do this.. you can only see it if you're 2-3" away from the grille, or if you take the bumper off. Thought I'd share.
http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz56/blmlozz/DSC_0008.jpg

RippyPartsDept
01-27-12, 03:40 PM
lots of parts have that kind of embossing on them

i think it's to make them easily identifiable or something

and STS front license plate bracket for instance has an embossed STS USA to distinguish it from the euro plate bracket that says STS EURO (i guess)

----------

interesting tidbit is that the 2003 CTS has some parts with "CATERA" embossed into them

M5eater
01-27-12, 03:49 PM
Wow.. Didn't know it was common, The Germans never do this sort of thing, you get a part number for everything, but nothing nice like this. Cool!

RippyPartsDept
01-27-12, 04:10 PM
Well it's not super common, but it does happen.

GM will often also put a part number on there... half of the time though it's not the actual service/parts part number but a mfg part number that can sometimes be crossed over to a good number

... it's complicated

FLYING V
01-27-12, 05:06 PM
I'd still like to know why mine has one amber vertical bar on the passenger side tail light when I hit the brakes while all others are red.

GM-4-LIFE
01-27-12, 05:41 PM
M5eater,

I never noticed that. I have never heard of GM doing anything specific "CTS-V" embossing like that. Everything to GM is CTS.

Nice to know, I guess!

M5eater
01-27-12, 06:08 PM
I'd still like to know why mine has one amber vertical bar on the passenger side tail light when I hit the brakes while all others are red.

that sounds like it's been replaced with the wrong tail light at some point.

I never noticed that. I have never heard of GM doing anything specific "CTS-V" embossing like that. Everything to GM is CTS.

Nice to know, I guess!
Yeah, neat to know we *are* special :D