: My STS and Me

Ronen911
01-26-12, 08:09 PM
Oh do I have a story for you...

The snow had fallen and left ice all over the streets of Chicago...

It was a solemn night. The stars were out, there were no clouds... and best of all I felt relaxed for the first time in a while!

A friend and I went to a buddies house kickin' back brews...

We decided to take the dog for a walk...

As we walked past my Caddy I felt something was wrong...

Parked on the street I noticed my Right tail light was smashed in...

As I looked down I saw my bumper squished like and accordion =(

My right rear Quarter panel had also taken some damage...

I was in shock...

The exhaust on the car was pushed in on the right side about 6 inches...

Almost in tears I went straight to the police station filed a report for a PARKED car and a hit and run...

called Geico the next morning, took it to one of the best Auto dent and paint in the Chicagoland area...

The Adjuster comes out a week later tells me I have $4,600 dollars in damage...and I would get my deductible back from the shop...So there was some sigh of relief...

I asked the gentleman if he noticed the exhaust on the car...he had told me he had not and would go back and check it out...

Today I woke up at 9:29 in the morning.. felt like something was wrong took my cell phone put it next to my head and went back to sleep...

One hour later I received a phone call from the adjuster... "Yeah I have got some bad news for you...The extra damage on the car is another $6,000 dollars and i have to declare the car a "total wreck"

I cringed in agony... Geico is offering me around $13,000 for my 2005 Cadillac STS RWD 3.6l =(

I don't know what to buy now... All I have to say is R.I.P. baby I will always love you!

-Ronen911

550HP STSV
01-26-12, 08:19 PM
cool story bro

06WhiteDiamond
01-26-12, 08:40 PM
Time for another sts?

MacMuse
01-26-12, 11:13 PM
My son's car was hit twice in 3 weeks while parked on Chicago's overcrowded streets. The car now takes up space at my place in suburbia and he spends a little more time on foot and El.

So, yeah, definitely a bummer. Although you should be able to pick up a comparable replacement with that settlement.

scott9001
01-27-12, 04:21 PM
great time to get a northstar

Ronen911
01-27-12, 04:41 PM
Haha Not sure...I think I'm done with used cars...I think once I grow a bit older and wiser...and have an actual income (only 20) I'll be financing a new Caddy =) but for now I'm just not sure...

tomm
01-27-12, 05:00 PM
We are you located? You can buy my STS 50K miles Black on Black V8 with every single option. It could be a blessing... :)
Sorry to hear about your loss. I Love my STS but I have just outgrown it and will be selling it soon as soon as I find the right buyer.

Ronen911
01-28-12, 06:30 PM
We are you located? You can buy my STS 50K miles Black on Black V8 with every single option. It could be a blessing... :)
Sorry to hear about your loss. I Love my STS but I have just outgrown it and will be selling it soon as soon as I find the right buyer.

Well I'm in Chicago...Is it AWD? I may know a barber might sell his fully loaded 07 N* STS 1SG for like 20K

tomm
01-28-12, 08:15 PM
Well I'm in Chicago...Is it AWD? I may know a barber might sell his fully loaded 07 N* STS 1SG for like 20K

Yes, My 05 is AWD with every option. Original MSRP was $67k and I was thinking of trading it in and the dealer was only willing to go around $14k so I decided to hold on to it.

MacMuse
01-29-12, 01:18 AM
Guys, please continue the car buy/sell discussion in Private Messaging or in a Classified Ad and not in the open forum.

550HP STSV
01-29-12, 06:44 PM
http://emotibot.net/pix/2382.jpg

Ronen911
03-10-12, 11:55 PM
Just thought I'd update some people. It seems that I somehow convinced the insurance company to total out my STS. My grandparents when they originally tried to trade it in for a new car only got an offer for 10 grand. Geico has sent me a check for $17,100 dollars -500 Deductible= $16,600 they originally wanted to only give us 13 grand for the totaled car, but we fought and threatened to sue...it was a pretty scary fiasco with the adjusters. Always trying to get every cent out of you!

Anyways I'm pretty sure I've decided to join the dark side, and go with a 2013 Mustang V6 premium MCA package ;)...

Maybe sometime in the future, I might pick up a new caddy, but for now those times are behind me =\..

With love,
Ronen911

EChas3
03-11-12, 02:54 PM
Enjoy! Stop back for a visit sometime.