: Getting Ready to Race and have a problem

sapugh
01-26-12, 03:00 PM
So I plan on attending the Proformance Racing school here in the Seattle area. I have never owned a car as powerful as my V Coupe and want to really learn how to take advantage of it. I am coming from Audis so handling has always trumped raw power.

Ordered and received a Matte Black Simpson Super Bandit (same helmet the Stig wears) and just discovered that even at 5'8" there is not enough headroom. yes I have the sunroof and Recaros. I can work around it but it means my racing seated position will be different that my DD seated position.

This kinda sucks...

M5eater
01-26-12, 03:17 PM
Sunroof kills in these cars. I have a dinky half-helmet and I still only have ~ 1/8" clearance from the helmet to the plastic liner even with the seat all the way down. I'm also 6'3 though, so I have almost no clearance without a helmet anyway. good to know about the simpson, because I was about to buy one. Not a chance it would clear with another 7" of height, I'd have to do what I did in my S4 and tilt my head :/

Rockey
01-26-12, 04:07 PM
Ha - I finally have something to thank my wife for. I was 6'-2" before I got married. Now I'm around 5'3" and have absolutely no headroom problems anywhere.:hmm:

rjoffe
01-26-12, 05:33 PM
my racing seated position will be different that my DD seated position.

You will learn that seating position at the track is very different from DD position.

1st, you will probably have your seat lower.
2nd, you will probably have your seat much further forward.

You should have plenty of clearance at that position.

baabootoo
01-29-12, 09:17 PM
You may have to tilt your head inward a little to keep from bumping it. I'm only 5'11", and with the seat all the way flat, I still lean in a little.

Kluch
01-30-12, 02:34 AM
Ha - I finally have something to thank my wife for. I was 6'-2" before I got married. Now I'm around 5'3" and have absolutely no headroom problems anywhere.:hmm:

Not to kill your joke by asking for an explanation, but where'd the 11 inches go?