: Who knew the rear backup camera would be so elusive

Jpjr
01-25-12, 10:29 PM
Honestly can't believe my 2009 is sitting in 2012 with no option to install a rear camera. Sorry, just venting disappointment after all the teasing.

wait4me
01-26-12, 02:52 PM
ill make up a usb key for you guys to start sharing. It will NOT need a password and will fully update your nav unit plus make the software ready for the camera. It turns on the inputs on pin 5 and 15 of the radio. Give me a day and ill have it boxed up and ready for shipment. Each person will be responsible for sending it to the next person in line. The only thing i have not figured out was for manual cars for me to implement the BCM to send a Reverse signal to the radio to turn on the inputs for it. It is probably something simple, but the bcm code is messy compared to what im used to. This only effects manual transmission cars. Autos works fine.

EMAIL me your address, you will be first in line. Just turn on your car, plug in the usb, and hit the install button. 5 minutes later, it is fully updated and ready to go.

----------

You can buy the trim piece that has the camera already in it thru the dealer, then you will need to run 4 wires.

1 to ground,
1 to reverse light.
2 to radio.

GM-4-LIFE
01-26-12, 03:00 PM
It is what it is. No back-up camera until the 2011 model year. It happens. Nothing we can do about it.

Jpjr
01-26-12, 06:03 PM
ill make up a usb key for you guys to start sharing. It will NOT need a password and will fully update your nav unit plus make the software ready for the camera. It turns on the inputs on pin 5 and 15 of the radio. Give me a day and ill have it boxed up and ready for shipment. Each person will be responsible for sending it to the next person in line. The only thing i have not figured out was for manual cars for me to implement the BCM to send a Reverse signal to the radio to turn on the inputs for it. It is probably something simple, but the bcm code is messy compared to what im used to. This only effects manual transmission cars. Autos works fine.

EMAIL me your address, you will be first in line. Just turn on your car, plug in the usb, and hit the install button. 5 minutes later, it is fully updated and ready to go.

----------

You can buy the trim piece that has the camera already in it thru the dealer, then you will need to run 4 wires.

1 to ground,
1 to reverse light.
2 to radio.

AWESOME, THANKS!!

Hey I tried to PM you my email but your inbox is full...

smackdownCTSV
01-26-12, 07:04 PM
[/COLOR]You can buy the trim piece that has the camera already in it thru the dealer, then you will need to run 4 wires.

1 to ground,
1 to reverse light.
2 to radio.

Too bad it's a $300 part at the dealer and $200 wholesale.

http://www.trademotion.com/schematics/B/BW10640.gif

----------

AWESOME, THANKS!!

Hey I tried to PM you my email but your inbox is full...

You're better off emailing him directly instead.

tedcmiller
01-27-12, 12:33 PM
Or, you can buy a unit from any of the discount auto dealers (AutoZone, Pep Boys, etc.) that is on all time, with a camera, separate color display, etc. for about $80. It is no more difficult to install than the built-in unit and is a lot cheaper.

Houdini
01-30-12, 04:46 PM
I call dibs as #2 in line for the usb stick. Jpjr, pm me when you're done.

thebigjimsho
02-01-12, 02:34 PM
Or, you can buy a unit from any of the discount auto dealers (AutoZone, Pep Boys, etc.) that is on all time, with a camera, separate color display, etc. for about $80. It is no more difficult to install than the built-in unit and is a lot cheaper.And you can tacky up your interior...

hanch04
02-06-12, 03:45 PM
Can I get on the list for the radio software update? Can you put it on a share that I could download and put on my on usb stick to pass around? Thanks!

brian-nicola
02-06-12, 10:43 PM
That new CUE software looks pretty cool, wonder if my 2012 can upgrade?

CTSVeee
02-07-12, 01:31 PM
Wait4me

I was one of the first posters on the original rear camera thread, how do I get in line for the USB stick?

I'll send you $15 if you can load the code on a USB stick and mail it to me directly.

Thanks,

Ryan
South Florida

Unclemelty
02-20-12, 08:31 PM
Hello All.
I have a bit of information from Nav-TV.
I was ordering a K40 radar detector integration gadget from these guys and decided to inquire about installing a back-up camera.
Below is the information from them:

Pic in next posting

Unclemelty
02-20-12, 08:33 PM

Unclemelty
02-20-12, 08:38 PM
Sorry for multiple postings, but size limitations and my limited patience pretty much result In this multi posting to this thread.

To play off Jim's comment above, at least this will not "tacky up" your interior.

Should any one want the Nav-TV guy's contact information let me know and I'll post it in a follow up reply.

sfv41901
02-21-12, 12:57 AM
Sorry for multiple postings, but size limitations and my limited patience pretty much result In this multi posting to this thread.

To play off Jim's comment above, at least this will not "tacky up" your interior.

Should any one want the Nav-TV guy's contact information let me know and I'll post it in a follow up reply.

Aren't those on ebay.

Not sure how the usb update will work, but I bought the trim piece with the cam, ran the wires to the nav, updated to the 2011 nav disk & now have a rear view cam in my 08 CTS. Total cost......$275. I also have extra terminals for the trim piece & nav screen if anyone is interested.

Jpjr
02-21-12, 05:08 AM
I sent Jesse a few emails on this and never heard back from him.

sfv41901
02-21-12, 12:59 PM
Ok......these are the ones on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250953909593?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

They can be used & hooked up to the nav screen just like u would with the trunk trim cam. There is a power source & vid hook ups. These will work fine if u don't want to spend the money on the OEM cam.

As for the software, u can do 1 of 3 options:

1) go to dealer & have them turn on the rear view cam option via TIS2WEB. (I had this done, but installed nav software was old. It needed to be updated)

2) get the 2011 nav update disk. This has the rear view update. (I went this route as well & worked great)

3) get the usb update from "wait4me" when its ready.

For anyone who wants to go the OEM route, read this thread:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2008-cadillac-cts-general-discussion/220532-ideas-about-rear-view-camera-2008-a.html

Or this one:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2008-cadillac-cts-general-discussion/252619-how-install-rear-view-backup-camera.html

Hope this help.