: lockpick

JAYRAT
01-25-12, 08:05 PM
I need a lock pick for 2007 STS w/mute button on wheel. Anyone? The guys at best radar are not making them at the moment or maybe stopped making due to cost compared to demand. I believe they are the only ones too.

EChas3
01-25-12, 09:07 PM
Have you tried the Classified ad section of the forum? How about eBay?

1BadCadSTS
01-25-12, 09:16 PM
Pretty sure Tomm said that coastal tech canceled their STS lockpick and he couldnt make modified ones any more as such he was done...
That said I wouldnt take 500 for my lock pick...

tomm
01-26-12, 05:09 PM
We ran out of parts and since we have to buy many parts in bulk we would need to lay out almost $500 to start making more. We have only sold anywhere from 0-2 pieces a month and make around $60-$70 profit a unit. We would need to sell around 7 units just to break even when you factor in the upfront parts cost. With the current run rate of 0-2 a month it could take 6 months to break even and from a business standpoint this just does not make sense to do. I would be willing to maybe make one more batch of them but I will do not it unless I get at-least 5-6 guaranteed orders. If anyone else will want one just use the contact us page on our website and ask to be put on the waiting list. If I get enough demand for one more batch I would be willing to do one last batch of them.

This is ONLY for the 2005-2007 STS Models. We do have lockpicks available for the 2008-2012 models and those are in stock.

JAYRAT
01-26-12, 06:56 PM
Thanks Tomm went your web site and requested. I went to classifieds there are some lockpicks for sale none are for 2007, or are 05-07 STS lockpicks all compatible?

erichthecatt
01-26-12, 07:25 PM
How likely will it be to have a lockpick for the new XTS, with the cue?

tomm
01-26-12, 07:40 PM
If someone is selling a 2005 STS Lockpick that we produced with a manual activation switch then it would work in any year STS. I checked the classifieds and there is one listed for sale:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/cadillac-stss-for-salenot-sevilles/p8936-lockpick-for-2005-sts-2c-brand-new.html

But it looks like they have not responded to anyone's questions in two weeks. If they respond ask for their name and I can look up and validate the purchase.

----------

How likely will it be to have a lockpick for the new XTS, with the cue?

Sorry, You wont find anything for the XTS, It uses a unique radio and there are less XTS then STS vehicles on the market so the market for a product for that specific vehicle is just not there.

JAYRAT
01-26-12, 07:55 PM
Thank you Tomm

maiahsdad
01-26-12, 08:58 PM
Tomm, give the web address. I need a lock pick. I have an 05 STS 1SG.

tomm
01-26-12, 09:55 PM
Look in my signature

nathanjax
01-27-12, 03:20 PM
I just sold my 05 STS so I will be putting my lockpick for sale in the for sale section later today. Bought it from Tomm less than 5 months ago.

email me nathanandkatiec@gmail.com

jperry
01-27-12, 03:32 PM
If someone is selling a 2005 STS Lockpick that we produced with a manual activation switch then it would work in any year STS. I checked the classifieds and there is one listed for sale:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/cadillac-stss-for-salenot-sevilles/p8936-lockpick-for-2005-sts-2c-brand-new.html

But it looks like they have not responded to anyone's questions in two weeks. If they respond ask for their name and I can look up and validate the purchase.

----------

Sorry, You wont find anything for the XTS, It uses a unique radio and there are less XTS then STS vehicles on the market so the market for a product for that specific vehicle is just not there.

Just FYI this one has already been sold as I purchased it earlier this week

cstarky15
01-27-12, 03:35 PM
I would be in for one for my 07 sts-v!

tomm
01-27-12, 05:30 PM
Found a new supplier that will sell me smaller quantities on some of the parts I needed and I found a 100FT roll of GPS Cable instead of the 500ft rolls I purchased in the past so it will bring my costs down to be able to make one more batch. I will make 10 more units and that will be it. Everytime I shut them down you guys wheel me back in but this will be it. I have opened backorders back up and the site will take only up to 10 backorders on the 2005-2007 models.

JAYRAT
01-27-12, 05:57 PM
Hey Tomm, just placed at your website. Thanks!

----------

I hope i made the 10 your making! I payed through pay pal, Didn't even think about checking.

1BadCadSTS
01-27-12, 07:13 PM
Tomms a great guy, love my lockpick!

Crystal_Pate
03-04-12, 10:40 AM
I saw your posts were from back in September regarding the lock pick, but was curious if you still have any or could suggest where to get one. Just bought a 2005 sts.

1BadCadSTS
03-04-12, 11:08 AM
Tomm is the only one for 05-07

UNKUT
03-04-12, 09:29 PM
I want one too.... I just bought the '05 as well. Can anyone provide exact details on what the lockpick does and what it costs? Are these still available???

1BadCadSTS
03-04-12, 09:36 PM
Answer is right above and been answered alot before tomm.

UNKUT
03-04-12, 10:07 PM
Answer is right above and been answered alot before tomm.

Sorry I was preoccupied with work and didn't have much "search" time so I fifured someone would sum it up..... but I guess its knowledge that must be earned lol!

1BadCadSTS
03-04-12, 10:18 PM
Nothing to search for. It's right above. Contact member tomm he is the only one who custom builds a lock pick for the 05-07 STS. Nothing more to say really.

EChas3
03-04-12, 10:32 PM
It's not real hard to explain. The lockpick unlocks all features that GM locks-out in Drive and/or when the car is in motion.

Try eBay or the STS classified. IMHO, 2005-2007 units are gonna get valuable. Tomm may still be accepting orders for a limited 'final' production run. (We just can't let hin rest!)

www.bestradardetectors.net

UNKUT
03-05-12, 12:05 AM
I sent TOMM a PM a couple days ago with no response. Sorry if I seemed annoyed earlier....stress at work misplaced! But thanks, all I needed was the basics of it. I got a local guy from this site willing to help me do the swap so I've been balls to the wall hunting down parts lol!

EChas3
03-05-12, 11:57 PM
He's a busy guy, but also one of the really great members of the forum. Have faith. All will be well.

tomm
03-08-12, 03:27 PM
We still have parts to produce 4 more units and as the weather gets nicer I get very busy with my day job so I dont have time to visit the forums very much. You can always contact me through my website and you will get a fast response.

dpate85
03-10-12, 12:26 AM
Tomm I know you said you have parts for four more units and I know you are a busy man, but can you let me know if you still have any left or if they sold out. They are still up on your website but I didn't want to go order it if you had back orders our what not. Thanks.

tomm
03-10-12, 08:10 AM
Tomm I know you said you have parts for four more units and I know you are a busy man, but can you let me know if you still have any left or if they sold out. They are still up on your website but I didn't want to go order it if you had back orders our what not. Thanks.

Yes, We have them available. When we are done with them the website will stop accepting orders. I only have one on backorder and its scheduled to be built tomorrow. If you ordered one today I could squeeze in another one for tomorrow's build. If you order next week it will ship the following Monday. I try to only do these on the weekends if possible.

dpate85
03-11-12, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the info, will be placing my order within the week. Really appreciate what you do!