: pearl paint ?

02603sec
01-25-12, 07:37 PM
Hi, whats you're experience with the pearl paint?

chazglenn3
01-25-12, 08:44 PM
Now that's an open ended question...I have it and like it a lot. Hope that helps!

orange57
01-26-12, 11:21 PM
I've seen a couple of STS's with the white pearl, and I think they look really sharp. When i purchased my car I compromised on the color and got the silver because it was a good price. I wanted the white or a black one.

MacMuse
01-27-12, 12:15 AM
It's beautiful. Especially at night under parking lot lights.

turnne
01-28-12, 10:32 AM
I have one
I have heard its a nightmare for paint and body work to get to match correctly

it even varies based on which plant the car was built in

My salesman pointed out...and I agreed with...the differences in tone between the Escalade and STS that were both sitting on the showroom floor

06WhiteDiamond
01-28-12, 10:50 AM
I have one as well, working at a Cadillac dealer you can imagine how often I come across the white pearl paint on numerous vehicles. To be honest as long as you have a good body guy you have no worries on matching the paint. Our guy charges about $100.00 more for matching the white pearl but believe me it's well worth it. So all in all it's actually not as bad as people make it out I be, just need to find somebody with the right experience.

Charles Warren
01-29-12, 03:32 AM
last 3 caddies i had where white diamond :)

Charles Warren
01-29-12, 02:09 PM
And i hit a gator (18 wheeler tire recap)on the highway which busted my radiator and condensor and cracked my front bumper and made antifreeze get on my alternator then it started making a roaring noise so it eventually stopped charging, so i said since you have to paint the new bumper why not paint the grille like the 2000-2005 dts's and got the rear painted too. And had my wheels repainted because i painted them the first time and i guess i didnt leave enough flash time and they started to get dull after 2 weeks, hey it was my first time painting a 3 stage lol