: New Member Saying Hi!

blownS
01-25-12, 05:52 PM
Hi all. Former AMG owner (C63) here checking in and introducing myself. Just picked up my new 2012 CTS-V sedan (triple black) this past weekend, and am loving it. Puts a smile on my face every time I start her up.

Looking forward to learning a LOT about this amazing car and engine from u guys, and hopefully contributing something as well (eventually)!

I'll try to post some good pics up this weekend. Cheers!

xlr_x
01-25-12, 06:24 PM
welcome to the forum and enjoy your ride :D

hulksdaddy
01-25-12, 06:25 PM
Welcome! Congrats on your new ride, many miles of smiles lay ahead. :thumbsup:

needspeed
01-25-12, 06:44 PM
Hi all. Former AMG owner (C63) here checking in and introducing myself. Just picked up my new 2012 CTS-V sedan (triple black) this past weekend, and am loving it. Puts a smile on my face every time I start her up.

Looking forward to learning a LOT about this amazing car and engine from u guys, and hopefully contributing something as well (eventually)!

I'll try to post some good pics up this weekend. Cheers!

Congratulations on your new V. What won you over about the V from the C63? Have fun.......Steve

TTuned
01-25-12, 06:47 PM
Welcome, I just sold my CLS550 for a V. Same impression, startup in the morning is the best! I call it the CackleLac.

First domestic in my garage for a while.

King335i
01-25-12, 07:32 PM
Welcome! I am actually seriously looking at a C63 coupe with the P31 package, so I have to ask: What made you make the switch to the V?

Mikevette
01-25-12, 08:22 PM
Welcome aboard enjoy your V and our web sight.

Mike

Trapspeed
01-25-12, 08:39 PM
Welcome aboard! Enjoy it! I've not enjoyed a car as much ever as I do this V. Even with its "quirks" it is heads and shoulders above the rest.

blownS
01-26-12, 01:24 PM
Thx for all the kind words guys. I'm still getting used to the new beast, but this 1st week of ownership has been an absolute pleasure.

Some of u have asked what brought me to the V from the AMG. The simple answer is quite juvenile, actually. Let's just say I got a 1st hand view of the tail-lights on a local V after a friendly highway encounter in my C63 (abandoned stretch of road, of course). :shhh: That's all the prodding I needed.

There are other factors too. I like the interior of the V better; the C63 was way too "plastic" for me, and in no way befitting of a "luxury" car (subjective, I know, but that's me). The V's back seat is roomier, so it can accommodate my little ones more easily. Then there's OnStar (which I prefer to MB's TeleAid). I also got sick of paying MB's obnoxious service maintenance fees (read: glorified oil change) every year. And, of course, there's the killer SC'd V8, which seems to be VERY mod friendly (still learning about that); there simply were not that many (inexpensive) options for the C63.

All in all, Iím very happy with my decision. Then again, this is still the honeymoon phase. But Iím pretty sure I made the right choice. I'm sure I can count on u guys to convince me of that. :D

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-26-12, 01:51 PM
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new ride! I can't wait to see some pictures. Enjoy your ride!
Breanne
Cadillac Customer Service

FLYING V
01-26-12, 04:05 PM
Welcome! These cars are very easy/ cost effective to modify. Enjoy!

King335i
01-26-12, 05:21 PM
Did you also consider the 2012 C63 with the redesigned interior? Also, did you have the P31 package?

blownS
01-26-12, 05:45 PM
Did you also consider the 2012 C63 with the redesigned interior? Also, did you have the P31 package?

In fairness, I did not. I never even looked at the 2012 b/c I was so disgusted with MB's "service" program. I'd be curious to see what changes they made to the interior tho. I had no idea they were redesigning it.

As for the P31, I had an '09 (1st yr), so that was not an option for me. Paying $6K for 30 bhp also doesn't tempt me, so I doubt I would've added it even if they offered it. If ur seriously considering adding more power to the C63, I'd forego the P31 and just add a Kleeman, Eurocharged or MHP tune, which add a LOT more bang...for less buck.

Ste_V_e
01-26-12, 06:47 PM
Did you have a tune on your car? b/c I came from a 2010 c63 and my understanding is that with just a tune you can beat a V on the top end. I love my V's handling over the 63, but sometimes miss the NA brute force and very strong top end.

blownS
01-26-12, 07:12 PM
Did you have a tune on your car? b/c I came from a 2010 c63 and my understanding is that with just a tune you can beat a V on the top end. I love my V's handling over the 63, but sometimes miss the NA brute force and very strong top end.

No tune on mine. I could never decide which one I wanted. :rolleyes:

Don't me wrong, there were things I loved very much about my C63 (the sublime exhaust growl, the exterior design, the brilliant NA motor), but tune for tune, the V will simply outperform the C63...for less. Granted, it has a lil xtra thing called a blower to help it along, so that certainly doesn't hurt. :)

thebigjimsho
01-27-12, 04:49 PM
The Vs are fine on top end when modded.

As for the C63 coupe, its the best looking Honda Accord coupe knockoff I've ever seen...

King335i
01-27-12, 05:13 PM
The Vs are fine on top end when modded.

As for the C63 coupe, its the best looking Honda Accord coupe knockoff I've ever seen...

lol it does look like an accord from many angles, but I assume the exhaust note would clear up any misconceptions pretty fast. As well, I'm guessing that C63 owners don't have to deal with squeaking seats, body panel gaps, failed diffs and popping sunroofs just to name very few. Still, I'm probably sticking with the V--to be quite honest I like the loads of attention too much. Is that wrong?

thebigjimsho
01-27-12, 05:14 PM
Nope!