: 2011 cts-v Thumping noise

gary c
01-23-12, 10:19 PM
just want to see if anyone is having the same problem. I park my car head in on an incline and as i back out and turn the steering wheel all the way to the right i hear a loud thumping noise from the right front tire, it does not do it all the time.I took the car to the dealer and it would not make the noise. any suggestions ?

smackdownCTSV
01-23-12, 11:15 PM
Sounds like either rear diff chatter where there is a TSB to correct it. Or when it's cold, the tires will do that, it sounds worse than it really is.

WhoseCadillacIsThat
01-24-12, 06:11 AM
just want to see if anyone is having the same problem. I park my car head in on an incline and as i back out and turn the steering wheel all the way to the right i hear a loud thumping noise from the right front tire, it does not do it all the time.I took the car to the dealer and it would not make the noise. any suggestions ?

You didn't really expect your car to do the thumping when someone else was listening did you? Especially the Cadillac service department... It's like a big bird, back in the nest.... and you the owner, are just tickled and tolerated.

gary c
01-24-12, 10:09 PM
thanks,i only hear the noise when it cold out what would make the tires make the noise.

V locity
01-26-12, 05:19 PM

I too have the occasional rat under the reverse turning tire on the inclined driveway on my '11 V2. I believe the tire is skipping or jumping. Maybe going over debri, acorns, pebbles, the cat? We also have a Lexus GS that does the same thing on occasion (but NEVER at the dealer...)