: CTS-V Coupe....Headroom?

Forgoten214
01-23-12, 07:13 PM
How can someone like me get the most amount of headroom out of the CTS-V Coupe? I've sat in them before and my head just touches the headliner. I'm about 6'6.

This one had Recaros and a sunroof. Makes a difference? If I had another inch I'd be good.

smackdownCTSV
01-23-12, 07:38 PM
I don't know how anybody taller than 6' can fit in a coupe. But yes, sans sunroof will yield more headroom.

Forgoten214
01-23-12, 07:43 PM
Really?

Which seat is better for headroom?

stabie
01-23-12, 07:50 PM
I'm 6'5 and fit in a coupe. I really like the coupe better than the wagon I got, but the coupe just wasn't functional enough for me. I had a regular CTS and I believe the recaro's do sit a tad higher than the regular seats and the sunroof cuts a bit of headroom. I'd try no dropping either and see if you fit. I'd also say sit in the recaros and see how they feel. I really like them, others say they don't.

CTSV12
01-24-12, 12:49 AM
I have the standard seats in a 2012 CTSV coupe with a sun roof. At 6' 6" I sit very comfortably with a little tilt on the seat. I run the seat cushion all the way down at the rear and up on the front for thigh support. With a little tilt back on the seat back, I have very good headroom and great seat comfort. I was told that I would have less room with the Recaro, but I cannot personnaly speak to that with experience.

WhoseCadillacIsThat
01-24-12, 05:16 AM
You tall guys just need to stick to basketball...

MotownPimp
01-24-12, 02:41 PM
Not having the sunroof will give you about another inch of headroom. I don't know on seats.

You might go to local dealer & sit in Coupe (V or non-V) without sunroof and see how it feels.

rbanshee1
01-24-12, 07:22 PM
How can someone like me get the most amount of headroom out of the CTS-V Coupe? I've sat in them before and my head just touches the headliner. I'm about 6'6.

This one had Recaros and a sunroof. Makes a difference? If I had another inch I'd be good.

That's funny,I'm 6'4" just sat in a coupe cts-v yesterday with sunroof,if I turned to left to look out window with a hat on the visor would hit the window,the sedan has much more room for us tall guys

Forgoten214
01-24-12, 08:07 PM
Yes it does but I LOVE the way the coupe looks. It's so amazing looking. :) If only I could figure out a way to get an extra inch or so I'd be golden. :D

That's funny,I'm 6'4" just sat in a coupe cts-v yesterday with sunroof,if I turned to left to look out window with a hat on the visor would hit the window,the sedan has much more room for us tall guys

MSOsr
01-25-12, 06:41 AM
I'm 6'3 and have a coupe with Recaros. I have the bottom cushion all the way down and just a slight tilt back of the seatback, with the lumbar support extended to give me full support. Have plenty of headroom, even when wearing a cap.

Go sit in one and play with the seat. I'm sure you'll find a position that works.

Mike