: New memeber, new CTS V Coupe, first domestic car

Glassgather
01-23-12, 06:57 PM
Hello! I am a new member and this is my first post. I'm in my third month with a 2012 6 speed manual CTS V Coupe. It is Black Diamond with ebony interior and black satin graphite wheels. I did not order the Recaro seats, and so far I am pleased with the standard seats.

The V Coupe is my first American built car. I learned to drive in a Fiat 124 with a 5 speed and went through a couple of VW manual transmission Sciroccos before settling on a series of automatic transmission Mercedes E class sedans.

So far, I am extremely pleased with the V Coupe. I did a fair amount of research before buying the car, and knew about such drawbacks as low fuel mileage and challenging blind spots (the blind spot alert added in 2012 is a help). I wanted a truly fun car to drive, but one that I could use as a commuter on a daily basis.

The V Coupe is the best all around performing car I have owned and amoung the very best I have driven. The sheer power and torque are remarkable. The solidness and lack of any rattles or other undesireable noises are pleasing characteristics. The ride quality and handling are on a par with the best European makes I have sampled. I have to give GM and the Cadillac division compliments for letting the engineers have some real fun in designing this car.

I know I will have questions and I am glad to have access to this forum. For now, I just wanted to say hi and share my excitement over exploring this cool car!

GM-4-LIFE
01-23-12, 07:03 PM
Congrats! I have had my Black Diamond 2011 V Coupe almost a year now and I love the car more and more everyday I drive it. Best damn GM car ever made!

Forgoten214
01-23-12, 07:11 PM
How's the headroom?

Also do you like it better than it's European counterparts?

Glassgather
01-23-12, 08:44 PM
----------

[/COLOR]
How's the headroom?

Also do you like it better than it's European counterparts?

I'm 5'10'' and I ordered the sunroof. I have had no problem with headroom, but I could see how someone taller might if they can't adjust the seat height sufficiently to compensate.

I am fascinated by the uniquely "American" feel of this car. It is unike any German or other European car I have driven. That said, I perceive the quality of the construction, finish and technology to be as good as any of the European cars I have experienced anywhere near the V Coupe's price point. I can't comment on recent Lamborghinis and Bugattis, though.

----------

Congrats! I have had my Black Diamond 2011 V Coupe almost a year now and I love the car more and more everyday I drive it. Best damn GM car ever made!

Thanks! I suspect I may come to the same conclusion. The build quality is very fine.

needspeed
01-23-12, 09:07 PM
Excellent choice, enjoy your new V. They really are quite fantastic........Steve

Glassgather
01-23-12, 09:19 PM
Excellent choice, enjoy your new V. They really are quite fantastic........Steve

Thanks, Steve! Given your choice in automobiles, I feel even better about selecting a V Coupe. It would be in very good company in your garage!

Forgoten214
01-23-12, 10:13 PM
Hahaha! I was just thinking the same thing. Ferrari F430 and a X5M? Jesus. He has all the ballparks covered! :) Now all he needs is a S65 AMG. lol

His 2013 Shelby GT500 he is getting better be a supersnake though! lol Joking.

Thanks, Steve! Given your choice in automobiles, I feel even better about selecting a V Coupe. It would be in very good company in your garage!

smackdownCTSV
01-23-12, 10:18 PM
That's great. Don't be surprised if you hear diff chatter, wheel click/clunk, or supercharger rattle in the near future.

Forgoten214
01-23-12, 10:31 PM
Why Because he didn't top off the fluids?

That's great. Don't be surprised if you hear diff chatter, wheel click/clunk, or supercharger rattle in the near future.

Dr. Design
01-24-12, 08:25 PM
Congrats on picking up a great car!

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Lord Cadillac
01-24-12, 10:24 PM
Hello! I am a new member and this is my first post. I'm in my third month with a 2012 6 speed manual CTS V Coupe. It is Black Diamond with ebony interior and black satin graphite wheels.

Congratulations on your new CTS-V! Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up...