: Cadillac Advertising; Lies!

FLTRI
01-22-12, 03:48 PM
You know the SRX commercial where the guy leaves his wifes Christmas present on the roof, and drives home with it?

Well I tried it with my phone. It flew right off, once I got up to 70 on the freeway. I think GM owes me a new phone due to their deceptive advertising...:bigroll:

hulksdaddy
01-22-12, 03:59 PM
:lol:

Bright side: new phone!

GM-4-LIFE
01-22-12, 05:54 PM
Did you do it with an SRX? If you did do it with an SRX and that happened, I would say you got a case.

neuronbob
01-23-12, 01:44 PM
Roflmao.

tedcmiller
01-23-12, 02:07 PM
You have no case. There is no false advertising. You would have to duplicate the exact circumstances (same car, same package, same speed, etc.) to even think you might have a case. Dream on. If GM buys you a new phone I'll be very surprised. If they do, they are figuring the cost of a new phone is peanuts compared with the cost of a court case (which you probably will not bring) or a lost customer.

FLTRI
01-23-12, 02:17 PM
I'm gonna try again today, but this time I'm putting a bow on it. Pretty sure that was my problem...:thumbsup:

GreaseMonkey
01-23-12, 02:28 PM
Lmao

FLTRI
01-23-12, 02:58 PM
:lol:

Bright side: new phone!

Yup, I was due for the upgrade, so I got an iPhone 4s

"Siri, please hang on this time".

That oughta do it...

elphil
01-23-12, 03:29 PM
FLTRI, your problem is you didn't pay the $300 for the roof rake for your wagon.

M5eater
01-23-12, 03:29 PM
You have no case. There is no false advertising. You would have to duplicate the exact circumstances (same car, same package, same speed, etc.) to even think you might have a case. Dream on. If GM buys you a new phone I'll be very surprised. If they do, they are figuring the cost of a new phone is peanuts compared with the cost of a court case (which you probably will not bring) or a lost customer.

put the crack down. He was being sarcastic.

FLTRI
01-23-12, 03:44 PM
put the crack down. He was being sarcastic.

I was going for humor, actually.

I really did leave the phone on the roof, and drive away with it. Sickening feeling hearing it tumble down the roof, right as you start looking for it in the car, and hit the freeway ramp. On the plus side, it had a rubber case on it, so no dings or scratches on the roof as it reached escape velocity.

Note to self: When your hands are full of jacket, glasses, phone and doggy bag, remember what you left where, as you careful put everything except the cell phone in the back seat.

D'oh...

M5eater
01-23-12, 03:54 PM
I was going for humor, actually.

right. I know, the going after GM part, that was the sarcasm.

tedcmiller
01-24-12, 03:28 PM
I don't "do" crack or any other drugs for that matter, if that is what you mean. If the writer of that post was trying for humor, then so was I. Sarcasm would be recognized by "crack' addicts.

FLTRI
01-24-12, 03:32 PM
If the writer of that post was trying for humor, then so was I.

Thought maybe you were, all is good... :thumbsup:

DiamondWhtV
01-24-12, 03:38 PM
That commercial is still better than the Egg McMuffin of automobiles showing a black CTS-V coupe. Poor choice of advertising spot by Cadillac IMHO

M5eater
01-24-12, 04:01 PM
I don't "do" crack or any other drugs for that matter, if that is what you mean. If the writer of that post was trying for humor, then so was I. Sarcasm would be recognized by "crack' addicts.
LOL well played.