: Extended Warranty

sbpd06
01-22-12, 08:28 AM
Does Caddilac offwe an extended warranty if I but it frim a Cad dealer?

I have heard of the 3rd party ones. Are they worth it?

Looking at a 2008,9 sts

MacMuse
01-22-12, 10:31 AM
CPO - Certified Pre Owned - is a dealer-only offered extended warranty on used cars. Not every used Cadillac at the dealer qualifies. CPO coverage is just a slight step down from the original warranty and goes to 6 years (from in-service date) or 100,000 miles. It is a great deal. Mine was shown as a $1,500 charge on my car, and I've received over $6,000 in service work under my CPO. Or, if you ask my wife, I bought a lemon.

rdub1982
01-22-12, 01:50 PM
If you can't find a CPO, you can purchase a GMPP extended warranty from any GM Dealer if the car is still under factory warranty. I bought mine from this website:

http://www.extendedgmwarranty.com/warranty/price-match-guarantee.html

They will beat any price you find on a GMPP.

1BadCadSTS
01-22-12, 06:51 PM
To buy a GMPP the car must be under factory warranty still.

KRSTS
01-22-12, 07:23 PM
To buy a GMPP the car must be under factory warranty still.

Does drive train warranty count as factory?

1BadCadSTS
01-22-12, 08:43 PM
Has to be under the original 4 yr 50k mi from in service to qualify for GMPP of certification. Once it's past that your stuck.

----------

I have a jm&a warranty sold by my Cadillac dealer. Covers everything and I mean everything with a single $50 per cost deductible. Only reason I accepted it is because my dealer promised to honor it or they would eat it. It gets me in a brand new CTS loaner everytime too free of cost.

EChas3
01-22-12, 10:27 PM
Our dealer sells Zurich extended warranties. Common industry practice is to require uninterupted coverage of like terms for any new plan. Some vendors will permit inspection (at purchasers expense) in lieu of uninterupted coverage. (This is only fair as any pre-existing issues are the responsibility of the coverage in effect at the time of first occurance.)

maiahsdad
01-31-12, 07:55 PM
If you can't find a CPO, you can purchase a GMPP extended warranty from any GM Dealer if the car is still under factory warranty. I bought mine from this website:

http://www.extendedgmwarranty.com/warranty/price-match-guarantee.html

They will beat any price you find on a GMPP.I tried the site and for some reason it wouldn't get to the page where I could request the quote.

Meanwhile: I've been reviewing warranty companies ALL day, and reading this stuff ALL day. I can't find ANY that make me feel comfortable about the price or the service. I've not found any exclusive details in any of the warranties, which tells me that there are SEVERAL catches to their policies.

Next, I've surveyed several dealers as well. Yesterday I WENT to FOUR dealerships following one dealership's repair of my vehicle. Two of them had the SAME companies, but their prices were $1500 apart for the SAME amount of coverage. Well, that doesn't make me feel any more comfortable! This is SO frustrating!

Guess I'll just hope for the best. I can't afford to throw money away, or get taken advantage of. One dealer wouldn't even show me the contract. Only the brochure. I asked about the exclusive coverage (the SHORT list of things NOT covered), and he just said, "bumper to bumper".

I've had it.

rdub1982
01-31-12, 10:33 PM
I tried the site and for some reason it wouldn't get to the page where I could request the quote.

That site is for a GMPP warranty. To purchase a GMPP your vehicle has to still be under the four year 50k mile warranty or the CPO six year 100k mile warranty.

maiahsdad
02-02-12, 10:38 AM
That site is for a GMPP warranty. To purchase a GMPP your vehicle has to still be under the four year 50k mile warranty or the CPO six year 100k mile warranty.

I found that out.... I'm scared to death.

chazglenn3
02-02-12, 05:01 PM
You should really just enjoy your car. Worrying about things breaking and you haven't even had the car for a month yet! EChas3 offers what is very good advice...self-insure yourself. Put $100 bucks or so away every month to save up for any failures that may come along. You would pay that much minimum for an extended warranty anyway. I chose to buy an extended warranty, but once that coverage has expired, I will switch to that strategy. My water pump has been leaking since I bought my car last February and the front struts need to be replaced, but the car drives fine every day.

maiahsdad
02-02-12, 06:30 PM
You should really just enjoy your car. Worrying about things breaking and you haven't even had the car for a month yet! EChas3 offers what is very good advice...self-insure yourself. Put $100 bucks or so away every month to save up for any failures that may come along. You would pay that much minimum for an extended warranty anyway. I chose to buy an extended warranty, but once that coverage has expired, I will switch to that strategy. My water pump has been leaking since I bought my car last February and the front struts need to be replaced, but the car drives fine every day.

Ur right I haven't had it a month. And I plan to enjoy it. I've just heard horror stories of having a car for a month or less and having a disaster repair item and STILL owe for a car U can't drive.

Im assuming ur warranty doesn't cover water pumps and struts?

----------

And that's very good advice. Trying to find floor mats now.

ddalder
02-02-12, 11:44 PM
You may have to be under factory warranty to purchase GMPP online, however I don't believe this is always the case. My dealer told me I could still purchase GMPP once the base warranty expired BUT, the car would be subject to an inspection first. If you purchase online a physical inspection is obviously not possible, therefore this vendor may be obligated to decline sales outside of base warranty. You can purchase a GMPP warranty from ANY GM dealership.

MacMuse
02-03-12, 01:39 AM
... Trying to find floor mats now.

we have some very nice supporting vendors that carry Cadillac specific mats. I believe Auto Pride has a thread just a few threads below this one highlighting some of their offerings. Or hit their block ad somewhere here on the page.

chazglenn3
02-03-12, 01:42 PM
Yes, my warranty covers the water pump and the struts. I just haven't made the time to take it to the dealer since neither problem is urgent.