: Headlight Replacement.. What where they thinking when they designed this?

Greg00coupe
01-21-12, 03:32 PM
Thanks to the invaluable information on the Forum I just completed replacing my HID headlight. Took 2 1/2 hours and was not a difficult job per say but took 2 1/2 hours. It took 2 1/2 hours!!! What idiot designed a front end that takes 2 1/2 hours to change a simple bulb???? And was is so special about an HID that makes it cost $99????

Two questions...... my old bulb had exploded. It actually happened yesterday while the lights where on because I walked from the car and the lights where fine came back 15 seconds later and no go. Is this how they always quit...i.e. explode?

Also in my research it looks like this bulb is fairly universal. Is this the cost of all HIDs? Would it be about the same for any model? Just curious questions.

Again thanks to all who share......... sure made the job easier especially mentally preparing.

turnne
01-21-12, 03:42 PM
Like a lot of things on many luxury cars

Not designed to be changed by the owner

A dealer fix only

Warren

Charles Warren
01-22-12, 02:53 AM
d1s is more expensive than d2s so if you paid 99 bucks dont feel bad you got a $150 discount. and i can change my bulbs quicker than that lol. get an intake and that will freeup some space on the driverside and the fusebox can be moved out of the way on the passengerside