: Fuel cuts out WOT between 2nd and 3rd shifts on A6 tranny...Anyone else have this?

GM-4-LIFE
01-21-12, 12:09 PM
Everytime and without fail this happens and I can't figure out why. From a standstill, either 3/4 of the throttle to WOT runs, car accelerates and is running fine, but when the car shifts from 2-3 whether it be in standard trans mode or sport shift mode and even with TC in competitive mode, the car acts like the fuel cuts out for a couple seconds, chuggles/surges, traction control light comes on and then car continues on. There is no loss of traction or anything like that either. It seems like the car is starving for fuel for those few seconds.

Anyone else have this issue?

I scheduled a dealer visit for a couple other things this Tuesday and didn't know if there was a TSB for this issue. Seems very odd for a car of this caliber to have this issue.

smackdownCTSV
01-21-12, 12:51 PM
Like this?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-cadillac-cts-v-general-discussion/245941-hanging-delay-into-4th-gear.html

GM-4-LIFE
01-21-12, 12:58 PM
Yeah! Mine does it from 2-3 though. What's the remedy for this?

mpouls1
01-21-12, 03:01 PM
Mine has done this 4 times since I put my snow tires on. I thought it was loss of traction due to the tires. The TC light goes on, and the last time it happened last week, I gave it more gas to see what would happen and it bogged even more and would not resolve until I let off. So yeah, maybe fuel.

mpouls1
03-11-12, 08:42 PM
it's getting worse. i think/hope the traction light flashing is a code that can be pulled. it happens at 2-3 at around 2500rpm. if i give it more gas there is no change in rpm or speed, like it is in limp mode with all the lights. i can see this as a could not duplicate so I'm hoping the ecm has a code. almost ready to call the dealer here pretty soon. maybe have it checked out when i get the snow tires taken off (what a waste this year).

HeavyH20
03-11-12, 10:40 PM
I ran snow tires and had odd issues with same size (255/40-19) all around and got rid of the problem when I put the 285/35-19's on the back. I also had the odd issues when I put my drag radials on and used snow tires up front (when I was at the Florida shout out). During burn outs, the engine would cut out at an odd spot (yes TC was disabled) then that run would be done and I would see a 12 something instead of a low 11. It seems as if some traction nanny is not liking certain combinations. I do have my summers back on and things are running great.

baabootoo
03-12-12, 12:30 AM
If the TC light is flashing, the TC is still active. Turn it off and try it. If not, then maybe the TC isn't going off.

mpouls1
03-12-12, 01:03 AM
if i do not let off the gas it just continually flashes. there are no traction issues.

GMX322V S/C
03-12-12, 02:07 AM
^^^ Do you have stock or equal diameter tires?

wait4me
03-12-12, 10:32 AM
Clean your mass air meter. The cars that i see with that problem, just have dirty maf sensors.. When you have a maf signal failure/rationality test, it will pop up the traction control / abs light like you are seeing.

DiamondWhtV
03-12-12, 02:13 PM
Clean your mass air meter. The cars that i see with that problem, just have dirty maf sensors.. When you have a maf signal failure/rationality test, it will pop up the traction control / abs light like you are seeing.

Thanks for the tip...had this happen to me a couple of times and after the dealer performed some maintenance the problem went away. They said they couldn't duplicate the problem, but then they road-tested after they performed the service and not before. Will keep this in mind next time.

GM-4-LIFE
03-12-12, 02:44 PM
Mine was a dirty MAF issue as well as a MAF placement issue on my cold air intake. Car runs like a champ now.

Thanks Jesse!

baabootoo
03-12-12, 05:43 PM
Nice tip.

wait4me
03-12-12, 06:05 PM
Ive noticed that the stock filter allows a VERY fine powder to come thru and coat the element. The k n air filters are pretty bad at doing it also. I havent had that problem with the spectre filters or the green ones..

mpouls1
03-12-12, 07:32 PM
Thank you for the tip. I will have that cleaned and see if that fixes the problem.

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-13-12, 04:12 PM
I see you're looking at cleaning your mass air flow sensor - I wish you the best with this and hope to hear an update soon!

Sarah (in for Katie)
Cadillac Customer Service

Kluch
03-13-12, 08:23 PM
Thanks for posting this thread, V twin! I had this problem and didn't even know it was a "problem." Was at the dealer today for oil change and had them clean the MAF sensor. Oh my god, what a difference. The shifts are like butter and it no longer seems to skip or cut out between 2nd and 3rd. Great fix from Jesse. Thanks so much. The V feels brand new again. And i thought the problem was that my tires were losing traction- nope! This ought to be a sticky.

baabootoo
03-13-12, 11:06 PM
Anyone ever use quality brake cleaner to clean it?

GM-4-LIFE
03-13-12, 11:21 PM
Anyone ever use quality brake cleaner to clean it?

DO NOT USE BRAKE CLEANER! Only use MAF cleaner! I warn you ahead of time!

baabootoo
03-15-12, 09:35 PM
Ok, thanks.

mpouls1
03-27-12, 02:25 PM
had the dealer check for codes when i was getting summer tires put on. my flashing traction light was for crank shaft position sensor. i think it was p0355 or p0335 just glanced at it. i know it had 3's and 5's lol