: Navigation's dim under 55 degrees

erichthecatt
01-20-12, 02:50 PM
The navigation unit for my 10 sts is really dim when I start my car, around 55 degress or under. Once the interior starts warming up, the nav brightens up. I have the brightness setting on auto, and the brightness is up around 3/4 on the adjustment scale. This is my first nav, so is this normal, or is this an indication of problems to come?

dkozloski
01-20-12, 02:52 PM
You ought to see it when it's forty below zero.

mckellyb
01-20-12, 04:02 PM
Normal.

LCD's are also slow to react when they're not yet 'warm'.

The colder it gets, the dimmer/slower it will be.

turnne
01-20-12, 04:14 PM
I noticed this with mine a a few years ago when I bought the car

It warms up and then the screen brightens up....nothing has gotten any worse over time

Warren

ddalder
01-20-12, 04:23 PM
I have OEM navigation in both my cars, one made by Delphi and one by Denso. Both use LCD screens and both exhibit this symptom. This is quite normal. I also have not noticed any real change or progressive degredation over time.

erichthecatt
01-20-12, 05:05 PM
Ok great. At least I know its normal. I just thought it might be something to keep a watch on before the warr expires. This will be interesting on the new XTS that has the lcd speedo cluster setup.

Charles Warren
01-20-12, 07:49 PM
push button start fixes that lol, but you already know its normal i had to mess with ya

EChas3
01-20-12, 08:34 PM
The one on my 2006 is slower to warm than the one in my wife's 2007. I figured they get slower as they age but neither one seems to have changed. Anybody had one replaced and noticed a difference in the warm-up time?