: Constant TPMS issue on the same tire that never fully resolves, Why?

MrMaschine
01-19-12, 06:46 PM
My left rear TPMS always seems to be triggered with no data as if its missing the sensor itself. I had the
dealer relearn all 4 OEM original sensors about 6 times since the fall and it just triggers out of the blue the same left rear tire.

Today i had the dealer install my snow tires with new wheels and new OEM sensors. They relearned everything and after 2 hours the same rear tire shows up.

Can anyone explain why this is happening with multiple sets of wheels and tires and only on one particular
wheel the left rear?

Should I be checking something on the left rear suspension by chance?

GM-4-LIFE
01-20-12, 04:19 PM
They never replaced that sensor?

I had the same issue on my 2010 V sedan and it never went away. Kept coming and going. Dealer should have replaced the sensor, but I got rid of that car before I had to deal with it again. What a pain in the ass that issue was.

baabootoo
01-21-12, 12:10 AM
Yes, I'd have them check the receiver for the tire for sure.

tedcmiller
01-21-12, 02:49 PM
It is probably the receive function for the wheel in question. However, I doubt that there is a separate receiver for each wheel. In fact, I would guess that the receiver function for the wheel in queston is combined with other functions not related to wheels, and that the receiver must be replaced or the software for the unit needs to be rewritten. I would try the software function first and then go the hardware route. Either way, I hope the dealer does everything under warranty.