: D3 CTS-V Coupe in Road & Track Magazine

Dr. Design
01-19-12, 03:15 PM
Hello,

Be sure to check out Road & Track Magazine's latest issue:
http://www.d3cadillac.com/graphics/releases/Road%20&%20%20Track%20Jan%202012.jpg
http://www.roadandtrack.com/var/ezflow_site/storage_RT_NEW/storage/images/tests/draft/performance-overload/gallery2/2011_d3_cadillac_cts-v_coupe_photo_5/2666536-1-eng-US/1211-gs-supertuners-173_large.jpg

More information on the article can be found here:
http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/comparison/performance-overload/2011_d3_cadillac_cts-v_coupe_road_test_with_specs-2c_price_and_pictures_on_roadandtrack.com_page_2

For more information on D3 and our products, please visit www.d3cadillac.com or call 562-595-8518.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Gary Wells
01-19-12, 04:37 PM
Congratulations, James & crew.

Ste_V_e
01-19-12, 04:49 PM
Damn that's sweet. I just watched the video on youtube.

FastKat
01-20-12, 12:13 AM
Awesome!

sunsalem
01-20-12, 04:10 AM
After reading the above link to R&T, I have some questions regarding the numbers....

According to the comparison posted at the bottom of the linked article, the 2011 D3 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe (when compared to stock):
Weighs approx. 250 lbs. less, has 149 more HP, has 125 more lbs. of torque, has a 0-60 mph time .2 seconds faster, has a 1/4 mile time of .2 seconds faster, stops a little better than stock, has lateral acceleration exactly the same as stock, and is 1 mile an hour slower in the slalom.

Can anyone explain these things?

M5eater
01-20-12, 06:32 AM
After reading the above link to R&T, I have some questions regarding the numbers....

According to the comparison posted at the bottom of the linked article, the 2011 D3 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe (when compared to stock):
Weighs approx. 250 lbs. less, has 149 more HP, has 125 more lbs. of torque, has a 0-60 mph time .2 seconds faster, has a 1/4 mile time of .2 seconds faster, stops a little better than stock, has lateral acceleration exactly the same as stock, and is 1 mile an hour slower in the slalom.

Can anyone explain these things?

yes.
Conditions
Traction.

Veelocity
01-21-12, 11:41 PM
I agree something is way off...maybe they meant 635 flywheel hp-even with a lack of traction (which there wasn't, according to the article), 635 wheel hp would trap way higher than that. With those mods 635 flywheel would seem right. Mine has the same basic mods (9.55 pulley, cai, injectors with stock exhaust) and ran 11.52@122.3 with 545 rwhp. Definitely something amiss with those numbers.

sunsalem
01-22-12, 03:00 AM
I agree something is way off...maybe they meant 635 flywheel hp-even with a lack of traction (which there wasn't, according to the article), 635 wheel hp would trap way higher than that. With those mods 635 flywheel would seem right. Mine has the same basic mods (9.55 pulley, cai, injectors with stock exhaust) and ran 11.52@122.3 with 545 rwhp. Definitely something amiss with those numbers.A lack of "traction" due to weather or track conditions explanation ain't gonna cut it, the variance in numbers is simply too great.
It doesn't add up...

If you take the photos as a guide, the weather was hardly detrimental.
Now if we were talking about a snowstorm striking during the testing...

thebigjimsho
01-22-12, 07:56 PM
Get used to it. It happens all the time...

trukk
01-24-12, 10:59 AM
The more things change, the more they stay the same. Interesting.

-Chris

M5eater
01-24-12, 11:34 AM

There are 11 second stock V2s, and then there are nearly 13 second v2s. There are 420whp V2's and then there are 500+whp V2s, and yet, no one crys foul that Cadillac's somehow jipped those respective owners. But when D3 misses the beat by a few tenths in ONE publication(presumably without running the stock V2 in the same location/time/place), holy shit something smells fishy. I'm over it..

sunsalem
01-25-12, 03:11 AM

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Interesting.I have had many "tuner" cars (of many different brands) over the years.
For those interested in the tuner approach, the truth is in the numbers...
Anything else is B.S.....and marketing.

whisler151
01-25-12, 08:56 PM
There are 11 second stock V2s, and then there are nearly 13 second v2s. There are 420whp V2's and then there are 500+whp V2s, and yet, no one crys foul that Cadillac's somehow jipped those respective owners. But when D3 misses the beat by a few tenths in ONE publication(presumably without running the stock V2 in the same location/time/place), holy shit something smells fishy. I'm over it..

Exactly.

thebigjimsho
01-27-12, 03:38 PM

Look, D3 makes some nice stuff and some superfluous stuff. They just never test well. You weren't here for the screaming match in V1.

Their cars don't test well. Whatever the reason isn't quite known. As long as people know that when dealing with them, fine. They have a lot of happy customers. R&T has them on speed dial for hopped up cars. Every test they have done doesn't show claimed power gains. For whatever reason.

Again, as long as people like their work, that's fine...

sunsalem
01-27-12, 07:45 PM
Look, D3 makes some nice stuff and some superfluous stuff. They just never test well. You weren't here for the screaming match in V1.

Their cars don't test well. Whatever the reason isn't quite known. As long as people know that when dealing with them, fine. They have a lot of happy customers. R&T has them on speed dial for hopped up cars. Every test they have done doesn't show claimed power gains. For whatever reason.

Again, as long as people like their work, that's fine...Exactly right.