: Back from the dealer

hulksdaddy
01-17-12, 03:20 PM
Car had given a "service traction control" and "reduced engine power" warning last week. Onstar said it was the pedal sensor. Took it in last Friday, and my tech agreed. While I was there, had him change the oil, differential fluid, and check everything over. 500 miles, might as well. ;)

Anyway, they had to order a new pedal assembly, which arrived today. Driving the car to the dealer this morning, it spat out those warnings every 5 minutes, so the sensor was really in its death throes. Change the pedal, went for a test ride with the tech. He had the Tech 2 hooked up to make sure all was cool, and it was. No problems on the 15 minute ride home either, so hopefully, done and done.

BTW, while he was under there, he noticed one of the connectors to the ECU was rubbing against the motor, causing the tape they wrap it in the start to wear. He rerouted it so it wouldn't. Might want to check yours. Passenger side, rear of the engine.

GM-4-LIFE
01-17-12, 04:23 PM
They charge you for oil and diff fluid changes?

hulksdaddy
01-17-12, 05:49 PM
Yup. Why wouldn't they?

GM-4-LIFE
01-17-12, 06:25 PM
I guess since you got the oil change done so early, they would charge you. Kind of surprised they didn't do rear end fluid change under warranty though.

ruby 1
01-17-12, 06:55 PM
why would they?

Emax
01-17-12, 06:56 PM
They charge you for oil and diff fluid changes?

If you don't mine telling us how much did they charge you to change the oil and the rear dif: I want to get mine done and I want to know what to expect as far as price. Thanks

hulksdaddy
01-17-12, 07:33 PM
I guess since you got the oil change done so early, they would charge you. Kind of surprised they didn't do rear end fluid change under warranty though.

Why would they do the rear end fluid under warranty? It was fine, full, I just wanted it done.

----------

If you don't mine telling us how much did they charge you to change the oil and the rear dif: I want to get mine done and I want to know what to expect as far as price. Thanks

Little over $200 for the service.

GM-4-LIFE
01-17-12, 10:12 PM
My local dealer did my fluid flush under warranty. That's why I asked. Rear end service is expensive and really for no reason. It should be half of what they charge. It isn't a labor intensive operation.

hulksdaddy
01-17-12, 10:37 PM
My local dealer did my fluid flush under warranty. That's why I asked. Rear end service is expensive and really for no reason. It should be half of what they charge. It isn't a labor intensive operation.

Hmm. What was the reasoning for it falling under warranty?

And as for what they charge, I wholeheartedly agree. Way to much.

GM-4-LIFE
01-17-12, 10:52 PM
I asked my dealer if they could flush my diff out for preventative maintenance and they said sure. They simply put in the comments that the diff had noisy clutch packs and did a warranty fluid drain and re-fill.

hulksdaddy
01-18-12, 12:19 PM
Did the same thing today, this time with two new codes. P2122 "electronic throttle control" and P2138 "electronic fuel control".

Hoping it's that connector the tech noticed. Goes in on Friday...again. :-(