: CTS-V Coupe Possilbe To Upgrade to Recaro Seats?

alex310
01-17-12, 03:38 PM
Hey guys, I always cruise the forums, never really post because I always find the answers I need, purchased my CTS-V Coupe December 1, 2011, been driving it for about a month and half now and I get really bad back pains, sometimes I get dizzy on long trips, I find myself putting my left leg up above the AC vent to reduce the pain. I have never in my life had back pain, and this is driving me nuts.

I went to the dealer, tried out the Recaro Seats in a CTS-V Coupe and it was holding me up great, I was wondering is it possible to upgrade just the driver seat? I noticed someone did it in a 2009 Sedan had to change some wires. Any sources for the seats? Or am I pretty much stuck with the dealer? Would it be possible to trade with someone?

Any feedback would be much appreciated

thebigjimsho
01-17-12, 05:52 PM
I think all you're going to have is that thread. It's certainly not just plug and play...

alex310
01-18-12, 12:12 AM
Yeah, I guessed it, thank you for your response, I might just put more padding into the original seat and wait for a used seat to pop up Cadillac wants 2800 a seat

thebigjimsho
01-18-12, 08:18 AM
Ouch.

M5eater
01-18-12, 08:57 AM
you don't need to change wires. They're a direct swap. The thread you're referring to the OP bought pre-production seats which were different.

Yeah, I guessed it, thank you for your response, I might just put more padding into the original seat and wait for a used seat to pop up Cadillac wants 2800 a seat
AFAIK, you can not order the seat as a 1 piece unit currently anyway.

alex310
01-18-12, 01:33 PM
you don't need to change wires. They're a direct swap. The thread you're referring to the OP bought pre-production seats which were different.

AFAIK, you can not order the seat as a 1 piece unit currently anyway.

Oh wow, thanks for the information! So the dealer will not be able to put a seat together for me? That sucks!

Well I guess I'll just be on a hunt for a used set, or if a member wants to trade, I'll pay!

GMX322V S/C
01-19-12, 04:50 AM
Yeah, I guessed it, thank you for your response, I might just put more padding into the original seat...D3 does this type of work; I've seen some XLR seats they bolstered and they looked pretty cool.

JasonDeezy
01-24-12, 02:46 AM
ALEX310, where do you live, SoCal? What color are your seats? I might be willing to trade my Recaros because they don't feel like I thought they would. I'd be interested in a swap plus $ cash for mine with just under 600 miles on 'em. Let me know...

jasondeezy@yahoo.com