: 2000 DTS Service suspension system

bates
01-17-12, 02:29 PM
Have a 2000 DTS and I have the following codes current AMP B1327, DDM B1327, DDS B1327, DIM B1327, IPC B1327, IPM B1327, RIM B1327, RRD B1327, VTD B1327, IRC B1327, LRD B1327, MSM B1327, PDM B1327, RCC B1327 , RCC B1009 & IPM B0429.

What do the codes mean and what needs repaired??

Thanks,
Bev;)

Submariner409
01-18-12, 09:21 AM
Use the sticky post at the top of the Deville Forums main threads page - "How to pull codes": practice, write them all down and whether each is C urrent or H istory. Then return to the sticky and open the link with "obd2" in the address - this will take you to a Master Index of definitions for P,B,C, and U codes. Write it all down and either post it here or up in Deville -if you DO start a new thread up there, ask a Deville Moderator to move this up with the new one - no sense having replies going to two different places.

The 3-letter acronyms refer to the name of the module, as in: DIM = Dash Integration Module. The Acronyms sticky up in deville.

FWIW the Body code - B1327 is low voltage. You have either jump started the car or replaced the battery recently.

B0429 is the air diverter door which sends air to the rear console outlets/controls. The actuator is up on the right (passenger) side of the HVAC stack.
B1009 is an EEPROM checksum error - probably from the low voltage situation.

Bev - learn to do this yourself, and for grins and giggles pull codes every couple of months and write them down - don't worry about "clear codes" - all codes will eventually automatically disappear after 30, 40, 50, or 100 clean start-run cycles during which a fault does not again set.

RippyPartsDept
01-18-12, 09:53 AM
Looks like they're all B codes ... is there something specifically wrong with the car that you're trying to diagnose?

bates
01-27-12, 05:40 PM
The dash is showing service suspension system. I hear some kind of noise when I am driving. My husband thought it was something to do with the brakes locking up. I drive down the street with no gas or break and I hear this noise as I go down the road..I also do not hear the compressor like I used to for the suspension. My next step is to go to the dealer which I am very leary of. Any ideas. I will write down all the codes and send in my next message.

Bev

----------

My codes that are showing are IPM B0429 Current, RCC B1009 History and SDM U1040 History. I know the first code is to do with the rear console controls and I understand I have to do something in the glove box area to replace something. I printed info on that. The dash is saying service suspension system and check coolant level. Coolant level is fine. I took the coolant tank off cleaned it good and put back on car and it still says check coolant level. I have no leaks. My understanding is I would have to replace the entire coolant tank to correct the problem. I am worried about the service suspension that comes on the dash. Any ideas.

Bev

bates
01-29-12, 06:33 PM
Use the sticky post at the top of the Deville Forums main threads page - "How to pull codes": practice, write them all down and whether each is C urrent or H istory. Then return to the sticky and open the link with "obd2" in the address - this will take you to a Master Index of definitions for P,B,C, and U codes. Write it all down and either post it here or up in Deville -if you DO start a new thread up there, ask a Deville Moderator to move this up with the new one - no sense having replies going to two different places.

The 3-letter acronyms refer to the name of the module, as in: DIM = Dash Integration Module. The Acronyms sticky up in deville.

FWIW the Body code - B1327 is low voltage. You have either jump started the car or replaced the battery recently.

B0429 is the air diverter door which sends air to the rear console outlets/controls. The actuator is up on the right (passenger) side of the HVAC stack.
B1009 is an EEPROM checksum error - probably from the low voltage situation.

Bev - learn to do this yourself, and for grins and giggles pull codes every couple of months and write them down - don't worry about "clear codes" - all codes will eventually automatically disappear after 30, 40, 50, or 100 clean start-run cycles during which a fault does not again set.

Codes are IPM Bo429 Current, RCC B1009 History & SDM U1040 History.

Submariner409
01-30-12, 09:44 AM
Codes are IPM Bo429 Current, RCC B1009 History & SDM U1040 History.

Go back to the sticky post (I posted this procedure in #2) and use the link with "obd2" in the address to take you to a Master Index of all P,B,C, and U code definitions. learn to find the definitions - you'll want to bookmark that link for the future.

B 0429 C is the rear console ventilation air diverter door mechanism - almost by the passenger's left leg on the HVAC stack.

The B and U codes are data/voltage hiccups. They will disappear automatically in a week or two. Maybe caused by low voltage in the system or a battery change. (The B code is a PROM checksum error - a data hiccup)

........................ those codes don't point to a specific suspension fault. This fix may involve removing each wheel and disconnecting, cleaning, connecting each suspension control electrical harness/electrical connector..........but that is a shot in the dark.