: Iphone 4s Issue

BurtCaddy
01-17-12, 10:37 AM
Hi, Does anyone know how to get my phone4s to play Pandora through my car's speakers.
I have a 2008 Cadillac CTS

:halo:

Michael_atDell
01-17-12, 11:13 AM
If you have the USB and AUX options inside the center armrest, you can purchase the GM adapter (any other will not work) at your dealer. I use Pandora on my iPhone 4 using this method, I assume (though I probably shouldn't) that it will work on the 4S the same way.

RippyPartsDept
01-17-12, 11:27 AM
Or you can just use the regular aux jack ... but using the apple dock connector harness is the best option since you can then use the steering wheel controls

note: that is only an option if you have the usb jack next to the aux jack inside the armrest

if so then the part number for the harness is 25908035
list price is $44.34
i sell them to forum members for $27.71 plus shipping

----

there is currently no bluetooth audio capability in your radio (just phonecall audio)
so if that's what you were asking then no, there is no way to do it wirelessly

Michael_atDell
01-17-12, 11:38 AM
Steering wheel controls do not work on mine when I use Pandora...

----------

if so then the part number for the harness is 25908035
list price is $44.34
i sell them to forum members for $27.71 plus shipping

I wish I had known this when I bought mine...

:-(

BurtCaddy
01-17-12, 11:52 AM
I bought the Factory GM Aux cable and it works with my Ipod fine, but when i hook up my iphone it does nothing. Do I need s software update?

RippyPartsDept
01-17-12, 01:28 PM
ok well i kind of guessed at that one... you would hope that since the steering wheel controls would work for an ipod or the ipod functions on the iphone that other audio apps on the iphone would also be controllable via the steering wheel...

oh well

burt, there is no factory aux cable ... the factory cable has usb and aux on the car side and the apple connector on the device side

BurtCaddy
01-17-12, 02:41 PM
85220I guess I mean Factory USB cable. It has a USB Port and Aux on one side, and on the other it has the Apple Connector. I ordered it through GM

RippyPartsDept
01-17-12, 04:12 PM
yeah that's right ... hmmm you're using the most updated apple firmware iOS 5.0.1 (i think that's the newest, right?)

have you talked with your dealer about this? maybe there's an update that can be done to your radio?

BurtCaddy
01-17-12, 05:39 PM
I have not talk to my dealer yet. I was hoping it was something simple. When you say update, are you refering to the Navigation Disc Update.

RippyPartsDept
01-17-12, 06:38 PM
No the nav discs rarely update the software. There are sometimes other software discs that dealers only have access to (typically)

BurtCaddy
01-17-12, 09:00 PM
Ok. I will contact the dealer I bought the car from and ask. I see what they say.

RippyPartsDept
01-18-12, 12:51 AM
Just let them know that your iPod works fine but your iPhone doesn't.

BurtCaddy
01-18-12, 05:49 PM
My mechanic at the dealer kept refering me to Navigation updates and said he had never heard of any software updates for my car. Anyway, Bought another Aux cable 3.5 to 3.5 and workgs good.

RippyPartsDept
01-18-12, 10:47 PM
Yeah I forgot that the special cable only enables iPod functionality so apps like pandora don't work with it.

Although I think they should. And maybe there is an update out there. But if your dealer is saying no then we don't really have any proof of an update to counter their say so

SMcCTS
03-10-12, 09:58 PM
I'm trying to figure out if the GM cable will work in my 2008 CTS with the newest iPod and iPhone software. My iPhone has never worked except for via aux, but my 2nd and 3rd gen iPods worked with the aux and Apple cords until I updated the software.

I saw ACDelco sells a cord with the part no. 25908035, but I can't tell if they manufacture it or if GM does. It looks like the picture above. All the GM cords I see online don't have pics so I'm a little skeptical to buy from those sites.

What's your policy on returns if I were to buy it from you?

Any advice is appreciated.

RippyPartsDept
03-12-12, 09:51 AM
25908035 is the GM/ACDelco/facory part ... there is no other

once you open the bag it's non-returnable
(that's GM's policy that I'm just passing along)

----------

you might want to talk to your dealer about the problems with the aux port ... anything should work through there since it's just a simple analog port

SMcCTS
03-12-12, 10:57 AM
Your feedback is appreciated more than you know!