: Clear Bra Installation on V Coupe

HayabusaKLR
01-17-12, 01:10 AM
What's up everyone? I took delivery of my V coupe about 2-3 weeks ago, and living in south Florida with lovebugs and such, I really want to have a clear bra installed.

I've already called four major installers here in Florida regarding this installation (front bumper, full front fenders, mirrors, rockers, and full hood). However, a few of them have concerns regarding the full hood install. Has anyone had a full hood clear bra installed on their V? I roughly measured the top portion of the hood, from mirror to mirror, and the measurement was slightly over 60". I know that most clear bra brands only come in max sizes of 60", so this is my major concern.

Any input/help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
JD

JOEYCTS-V
01-17-12, 10:48 AM
The hood can definitely be done with a 60 inch roll. If the installer says it can't be done, they either don't want to buy the roll because of the price or they're just giving excuses because they can't handle the job.

HayabusaKLR
01-17-12, 11:06 AM
The hood can definitely be done with a 60 inch roll. If the installer says it can't be done, they either don't want to buy the roll because of the price or they're just giving excuses because they can't handle the job.
Excellent, that's all I needed to know!

Have you actually seen a clear bra installed on a V's full hood?

Thanks!

JOEYCTS-V
01-17-12, 11:08 AM
Yes, my car.

HayabusaKLR
01-19-12, 12:46 AM
I tried to PM you, but I don't even have that function available to me (I think it is due to my low post count). In any case, I was just wondering if you had the hood done in one full piece of 60" or if they had to seam it together? Also, what shop did your install (name and phone number)?

If you would not like to put that shop name and number on here, you can email me at FLSTSEMINOLEJD@aol.com

Thanks a lot,
JD

blownS
01-25-12, 03:49 PM
^ JD, did u ever get this done? I'm in SoFla myself, and am thinking about doing this too. I was told it's @ $700 just for the front bumper. Does that sound right? Would be interested in hearing about your experience...

JOEYCTS-V
01-25-12, 04:33 PM
Hayabusa, my shop is in NY. I answered your other post saying my car has the one piece hood. I don't know where these shops get these numbers from. I paid $800 for front bumper, full hood (one piece), headlights, side mirrors and full rear bumper.

HayabusaKLR
01-25-12, 10:51 PM
Hayabusa, my shop is in NY. I answered your other post saying my car has the one piece hood. I don't know where these shops get these numbers from. I paid $800 for front bumper, full hood (one piece), headlights, side mirrors and full rear bumper.
Man, you got one heck of a deal then! I have never seen those areas of the V done for so cheap before. The lowest quote I received for the full bumper, full hood, full front fenders, mirrors, and rocker panels was $1975. This was with XPEL Ultimate and ALL wrapped edges.

----------

^ JD, did u ever get this done? I'm in SoFla myself, and am thinking about doing this too. I was told it's @ $700 just for the front bumper. Does that sound right? Would be interested in hearing about your experience...
I definitely would NOT pay $700 for just a front bumper! They are trying to rip you off...BAD! The most expensive quote I received was $500 for the front bumper, but that was with a custom cut XPEL Ultimate film that wrapped the edges. This quote was from a very well respected installer here in FL. Let me know if I can help you with prices/finding an installer.

blownS
01-26-12, 01:37 PM
I definitely would NOT pay $700 for just a front bumper! They are trying to rip you off...BAD! The most expensive quote I received was $500 for the front bumper, but that was with a custom cut XPEL Ultimate film that wrapped the edges. This quote was from a very well respected installer here in FL. Let me know if I can help you with prices/finding an installer.

Any help is appreciated! If u can post the name and contact info for ur installer here, that would be great (unless that's against the rules).

HayabusaKLR
01-26-12, 04:12 PM
I don't think I can post them up unless they are a sponsor on the board. What is your email? I'll just email you all the info I have on the 4 installers.

blownS
01-26-12, 04:41 PM
I don't think I can post them up unless they are a sponsor on the board. What is your email? I'll just email you all the info I have on the 4 installers.

Thx. I'm hesitant to post my email on a public forum (bad prior experience), and I can't find an option to PM u. :banghead:

Guess I'll just keep shopping around. At least now I know $700 for the bumper is on the hi side.