Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  tmoore8828 
#1 ·
I have a 1980 seville project car. The seville has the regular 368 not the 8/4/2 version. I've read on the sight, that the 368 and the 500 are the same Block and therefore the 500 should bolt up. My question is will it bolt to my TH325 Transmission. If so will the 325 be able to handle the increased torque. I plan on the 500 being built up a bit.

#2 ·
The 500 will swap directly in the place of the 368.....trans bolt pattern and mount locations are the same. Depending on what oil pan the 500 has, you may have to use the 368 oil pan, pick-up tube and dipstick. Small mods may be needed to get the rods/bolts to clear the oil pan.
I don't know about the trans......only one way to find out.... :burn: :D

#5 ·
Would the Eldo FWD tranny fit without any major modifications. I don't want to do any major fabrication and I want to keep the stock climate control (It's still a Caddy!). Can the stock DEFI be used to feed the 500 (new chip) or would I have to go aftermarket all the way? I would probably go with a carb till I can get a decent injection set up. Thanks in advance for any help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.