: odd problem

johnny_bg
01-16-12, 12:08 PM
I've looked around and can't see anyone else that has posted this, so here goes. I have a 2007 STS 4 former Mary Kay so yes it's pink lol. The front passenger door has stopped opening from the outside, I've already read about the fix and will be doing that soon, the main problem is the door will open by itself stopped or when driving and so will the trunk, it has been very cold and we did get rain before the big chill, could ice be doing this? A few other little things I will be asking about later on but this is the main one.

C&C
01-16-12, 03:34 PM
Is the door actally open or are you getting a message, on the DIC, that it is open; I recently got an aberrant message on the DIC saying the trunk was open (it was not). The problem with the door not opening may be an antenna problem (had that too, but with the trunk).

johnny_bg
01-16-12, 03:58 PM
No it is actually opening, you can here the actuator and then the door opens, with trunk, DIC says it's open and you get out and it's open. I've looked all over and haven't seen anyone mention this. I'll prob have to get a hold of Caddy. This should be something they should take care of free of charge. I have extended warranty but I don't think it would cover antennas, but doors that open suddenly should be.

aliskerov
01-17-12, 10:49 PM
My trunk pops open periodically as well. Havent done it lately, so I wrote it off as the keys getting pressed in my pocket, but it's probably more involved then that. There is an emergency release latch on the incide of the trunk, maybe it got pushed out by something and stayed that way?

dkozloski
01-18-12, 10:18 AM
About 10% of the time, when I start my '06 AWD STS V8 the DIC says Trunk Open and it really is. I suspect that noise generated in the electrical system by the heavy starter load is being interpreted as a signal to open the trunk. So far, nothing else has been affected. I've only noticed it happening with the first start of the day.

johnny_bg
02-22-12, 07:37 AM
Over a month now and the trunk hasn't opened, but the door still continues to open on it's own, weather in park,or in drive. Car off, or on doesn't matter. Came out of the store and the door was open. Going to try Caddy again to see if they have figured anything out yet.

dkozloski
02-22-12, 12:27 PM
I'll bet the battery is on its last legs which greatly reduces the electrical system's immunity to noise. I replaced the battery in my STS and it cured the problem.

CapnCurt
02-22-12, 06:03 PM
Oh I know what the problem here is, too easy. Its just casper the friendly ghoust car hopping. Lol No clue I didn't know that the car came with actuators that pop the door open.

cadillacmike68
02-24-12, 01:50 AM
Hmmmmm. my trunk was "opened" today, and i don't think i hit the button by accident. :suspect:

It must be related to the fact that this BBS just up and logged me out after my previous post, and i had to re-log in to post this ????? :confused: :stirpot: :suspense:

Still getting "Clean Radar" daily as well..... That's Starting to annoy me