: Hello everyone, I'm new to the world of Caddie, and LOVE IT!!

SpartanCTSV
01-15-12, 04:19 PM
Hello everyone, I'm new to the world of Caddie, and LOVE IT!!

I'm a huge car guy. Just bought a 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V and I LOVE IT!!! I'm a former Audi guy with a 2006 B7 S4 (4.2 L NA V8). Also, I have a habit of never leaving well enough. I have a 2006 modded Mitsubishi Evo IX MR with 550 whp on mustang dyno. Just got the CTS-V and can't wait to start with some mods. Already looking Air raid CAI, Pulley, Exhaust and tune. Gotta say that it seems like the sky is the limit with car. I'm very excited!! I've previously found that the internet forum support for the Evo was absolutely awesome. I'm hoping to find the same here. Cheers!!!

BTW, Audi has nothing on Cadillac!!!!

Sam

Emax
01-15-12, 05:05 PM
Well come aboard congrats on the new caddy what did you get a coup or a sedan and is it a manual or auto.

SpartanCTSV
01-15-12, 05:07 PM
Manual coupe.

WhoseCadillacIsThat
01-15-12, 05:18 PM
Hello everyone, I'm new to the world of Caddie, and LOVE IT!!

I'm a huge car guy. Just bought a 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V and I LOVE IT!!! I'm a former Audi guy with a 2006 B7 S4 (4.2 L NA V8). Also, I have a habit of never leaving well enough. I have a 2006 modded Mitsubishi Evo IX MR with 550 whp on mustang dyno. Just got the CTS-V and can't wait to start with some mods. Already looking Air raid CAI, Pulley, Exhaust and tune. Gotta say that it seems like the sky is the limit with car. I'm very excited!! I've previously found that the internet forum support for the Evo was absolutely awesome. I'm hoping to find the same here. Cheers!!!

BTW, Audi has nothing on Cadillac!!!!

Sam

Welcome Sam! Drive the 'V' a while, get it broken in correctly and get settled with what it has now. Then either you will decide that it may not need the modifications or you will note what difference the mods made to a greater extent. The car is powerful as it is..... but I'm also interested in what each mod will do......as you are. And....there are some folks here who can give you great advice toward your mods.

SpartanCTSV
01-15-12, 07:30 PM
Agreed! The car is a monster in stock form. Unfortunately, I'm brain damaged in that I suffer from the belief that you can never have enough horsepower. Heck, I modded a 2.0L 4 cylinder Mitsubishi Evo to put out 550 whp and 475 lb ft on a mustang dyno. The car is awd and gutted out to weigh only 3100 lbs. Fast as a bat out of hell. What I see with the V is the best of both worlds. It's a beast in a tuxedo. My job dictated that I needed to "grow up", but I can already see the power potential is limitless with this car. Thanks for the welcomes. It's good to be aboard!!!

Houdini
01-15-12, 09:00 PM
Welcome and congrats on the new ride. Got any pics to post?

SpartanCTSV
01-15-12, 09:23 PM
I'll post some real soon. Thanks!!!

BI2011ESV
01-16-12, 06:55 AM
Welcome from North Carolina. Congrats on the V.

hlantin
01-16-12, 12:10 PM
Welcome to the forum, Spartan! You probably already know this, but my only advice about mods with this car is do your research and find out how far you want to take it? Just like any other car, there are many options. Save yourself some $$ by doing it once and doing it right (..but we know that's not gonna happen because it never ends)! Good luck..it's a kickass ride!

Squirlz
01-17-12, 11:13 PM
Welcome! Spartan as in MSU? I live near there.

BI2011ESV
01-18-12, 05:13 AM
Welcome from North Carolina.

Trionalaw
01-18-12, 03:29 PM
I noticed you cautioned Sam to break it incorrectly. My Coupe should arrive and perhaps a month. Do you have any advice with regard to break in? I assume the manufacturer defines how to break it .

Thanks,

Jim

SpartanCTSV
01-22-12, 11:42 PM
Welcome! Spartan as in MSU? I live near there.

MSU SPARTANS ALL THE WAY!!!! Go Green!!!!:bouncy::thumbsup:

SecretWeapon
01-23-12, 09:06 AM
Welcome to the party from Houston.

js615
01-23-12, 01:53 PM
My job dictated that I needed to "grow up"

Well most of the gang around here are old enough to know better, but still too young to care. Thusly, you will find more than enough good information to take your new V wherever it is you want ot take it and plenty of people willing to share said info. Welcome to the family.

gOt BoOsT
01-23-12, 07:06 PM
i doubt anything will ever rival a high strung 30+psi evo, but i too am having to "grow up" so i hope the V does the trick...

SpartanCTSV
03-01-12, 10:08 PM
Just an update; I have since added the Airraid CAI, Pulley and 93 octane tune. Car is AWESOME!!!!! The weight prohibits it from being as nimble as my Evo, but the pull at WOT is AMAZING!!!!! I live in the mountains just north of Scottsdale Az and the V is just as rewarding as the Evo on these mountain roads. Granted, it's not as fast around the curves, but I am VERY impressed with the handling!!! The total package is unmatched. Couldn't be happier with my V!!!!!!!

blownS
03-02-12, 09:27 AM
Just an update; I have since added the Airraid CAI, Pulley and 93 octane tune. Car is AWESOME!!!!!

Good stuff. I'm going to give myself a yr with mine "as is", then probably swap the pulley next yr. I'm finding that even bone stock, this thing is a beast.

xmaciek82x
03-02-12, 09:44 AM
I just sold my 2006 Evo IX. Had around 400whp. Already miss the car. Since I am still looking for the "right" CTS-V, I have not even driven one yet. Glad you are happy with the CTS-V, hopefully I won't be disappointed with the change.

Did you go with the Recaro package?

SpartanCTSV
03-02-12, 04:54 PM
Yeah, I got a 2012 Black Diamond Coupe with the Recaros. Caddie's Recaros are a lot smoother than the Evos.