: isgm724 ipod adapter

wyched7006
01-15-12, 05:18 PM
I purchased a ipod adapter for my 2008 sts non nav radio in got it to work, when I started to put the radio back in I found out the radio comes on satation can be selected every thing works fine ...but no sound can anyone tell me whats wrong?
I checked the amp fuse under the back seat it ohmed out good ???
pls help

also i purchased the over head console w/the garage door openers I found out there is no connection for the opener should I wire it in to a hot??? line

EChas3
01-15-12, 06:11 PM
Does the manufacturer specify that the STS standard radio is supported? It sounds to me like the connectors aren't passing the all the speaker outputs.

Take it back out and see if normal operation is restored. If so, my guess is supported. If not, maybe someone has a shop manual.

For the Homelink, there are lots of sources for unswitched power.

wyched7006
01-15-12, 06:45 PM
I took the adapter off and still no sound the adapter worked at first but when I tried to complete the install no sound...maybe the out put went out from the radio the adapter is made by isimple they said it works for my car withe cable supplied.

EChas3
01-15-12, 10:04 PM
Sounds like the amplifier. Got the shop manual?

tomm
01-16-12, 11:22 PM
Sounds like the amplifier. Got the shop manual?

Disconnect your adapter and connect the radio back to normal then disconnect the battery for a minute and let everything boot back up.