: STS fuse location

wyched7006
01-15-12, 04:41 PM
I took out the back seat of my 2008 STS looking for the two fuse boxes one behind driver and passenger I did not see a fuse box where could it be?

ddalder
01-15-12, 04:48 PM
Remove the rear seat cushion. They are just under the edge of the floor carpeting. Pull it back a little and you'll find them.

wyched7006
01-16-12, 12:58 AM
thanks

Liveaboard74
12-07-14, 04:06 PM
OK,, I brought this one out the dead,, I know, but I did use search so shoot me don't burn me at the stake. LOL
Having trouble with the cig lighter sockets. Took the back seat out, looked at both fuse boxes one on each side and nothing marked cig lighter ..
One in the ash tray was dead when I got the car, one behind the seat did not work, but the one in the glove box did. Finally got around to wanting to add a few new toys to the car so got one of those 4 socket jobs you can cut off the outlets you are not using. Plugged it in, glove box socket was working before hand, was looking around went back to it now its dead.
So now I have no where to plug anything into. Crap. LOL
Where is the fuse and how is it marked for these three outlets and do each of them have their own fuse or it is all tied together. Just wondering if I have major issues with the plugs that were dead to start with.
Been a while guys, hope you all are doing ok.. :)

ddalder
12-07-14, 04:14 PM
Please add the model year of your car to your profile (or at least post it with your question). Although the 2005-11 all "basically" look alike, there are many differences. The fuse blocks and much of the other wiring is not the same throughout. Whether you have a domestic car or export (we do have members from countries other than the US/Canada) also makes a difference.

Neutrocuted
12-07-14, 04:21 PM
And maybe you should have started a new thread to get more views instead of jacking this one. (We're stacking the the wood! LOL!)