Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Has anyone used a GM-R40 Interface before?

3K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  V locity 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm going to reinstall my K40 Calibre radar detector & was considering a product by Nav-TV which is an interface between the K40 unit and the DIS area in the instrument cluster. Has anyone utilized this product or anything by Nav-TV?

I have attached a pic below:

Text Font Technology Electronic device Audio equipment

Thanks!

See less See more
#3 ·
I was thinking of this unit myself but I know of noone that has installed one in their V. I run a K40 unit in my BMW especially in Virginia where their troopers are notorious for their methods of trapping even a minor infraction. For the V I run the 9500IX but am looking at the K40 with the EX2 diffusers. Not sure if this interface works with the newer K40 system and could not get a real assuring answer from Nav-TV.

#5 ·
I think Curtis (cbloveday) did this awhile ago. Might want to try a search with his user name.

#6 ·
GMX322V S/C said:
I think Curtis (cbloveday) did this awhile ago. Might want to try a search with his user name.
Thanks for this information, I did a search and found his user ID but was unable to send him a PM.....I was afraid that he had terminated his membership (as unusual as that would be). Could my PM issue be my membership level, or might he no longer be active? It may also be that I'm using the iPad app maybe?

Thanks so much for your help, as well as information on Curtis!

#9 ·
Thrill6 said:
There is a company called Dashtronix that does the same thing for the Valentine-1, but not sure if they support the CTS yet.
Thanks for this alternate path, unfortunately they don't service the CTS crowd...if you've got a Vette, Camaro or a Cruze, you'd have something interesting to check out...Thanks much for the info!

#14 ·
pollackk said:
I just sent messages to both K40 & NAV-TV to see how the interface works. I have the RL360 on a 2011 V.

I'll give y'all an update after I hear back. :)
Excellent, thanks for the effort.
I've nearly made up my mind to purchase one of these...the video link above of it in use in Curtis's car was a big help in my deliberation.
I don't have an RL360, but rather an older EX system, but it has still saved my butt a time or two.

#16 ·
Yeah, I saw that one yesterday...pretty good narrative. I'd bet the cop was pretty pissed, I suppose if the roles were reversed I'd have been too.
Honesty I never placed a lot of trust on the laser defuser/detector systems but this instance will definitely make you believe that the investment was not a poor one. Where did you have your system installed, if you don't mind my asking?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.