: Dealer service is improving! Have faith, GM is listening

DPL
01-11-12, 07:08 PM
I received an email from the dealers customer service manager and then an email from the service advisor. This tells me that GM brass are serious about improving dealer customer service. It is obviously affecting the front line people and their take home pay.

Here's what it says:

We at <dealer>. wish to express our appreciation for choosing us for your automotive services. We know you have many options for servicing your vehicle and thank you for choosing us.
As your service advisor, I wish to confirm your last visit regarding your CTS-V repairs were completed to your satisfaction. Our goal is to make every customerís service experience a pleasant and enjoyable one. If we have not met your expectations, please call me directly or email me if you have any questions and I will do my best in meeting your concerns.
Also, I wish to remind you that you may receive a service satisfaction survey from General Motors Canada. The survey is a reflection of my individual performance and your favourable completion of questions #10 and #16 is a direct reflection on me. As a special request, if you are a recipient of the survey, could you please complete the survey as "Completely Satisfied" for question #10 (Overall satisfaction with individual consultant) and #16 (Overall satisfaction with us), because anything less than "Completely Satisfied" for #10 and #16, according to General Motors Canada, will count as a failure on my part.

mpouls1
01-11-12, 09:47 PM
make sure you mark all completely satisfied or you will be blacklisted. The dealer will know it's you.:nono:

Tedboss1
01-12-12, 09:31 AM
I'm also skeptical about Satisfaction Surveys from the dealer.
In my experience after I gave a dealer unsatisfactory ratings twice in the row the dealer simply stop sending me the survey.
I guess I was bringing their ratings down so they decided to eliminate me from their mailing list.
BTW it was a dealer for Japanese car.
So far my V dealer is giving me a good service.

DPL
01-12-12, 11:22 AM
But take note, the survey is coming from GM Canada. They use the results of this to compensate in part the dealers and I would assume the front line service advisor. And my guess is the survey info is kept confidential from the dealer. This is a common way for manufacturers to get dealers to focus on service delivery. I'll post the survey from GM Canada and confidentiality statement when it comes.

M5eater
01-12-12, 11:36 AM
I recieved those notifications all the time when I went to the cadillac dealership-- acutally they send real letters. The chevrolet dealership acutally calls me and walks up to me while I'm there to make sure I'm satisified, mush prefer that method than some pre-scripted email or letter. Communication is important to me, and there's nothing more direct than acutally opening you mouth...

GM-4-LIFE
01-12-12, 01:45 PM
I once gave a local Cadillac dealer a bad rating and I was blacklisted from their dealership basically. My name was red flagged in their system. This was a few years ago, but they damaged my car and wouldn't step up to the plate to fix it. Needless to say they are no longer in business. Thank god! They were the worst Cadillac dealer I had ever been to, by far!

Be careful with those surveys. I would rather not even fill it out, then to give a dealer a bad rating and have it bite me in the ass.

voltrons_head
01-12-12, 02:32 PM
I just left Armen Cadillac in Plymouth Meeting, PA for Hill Cadillac in West Chester, PA. I gave them multiple opportunities to deal with my issues but going there was like the Twilight Zone. Finally I responded to a survey with honest answers and got calls from the service manager and a rep from GM. I tried to let the dealership work out their issues but after someone gave me attitude over the phone I finally bagged it and changed dealers. What a breath of fresh air Hill Cadillac is.

Using Armen Cadillac's service department was worse than using discount shop in the ghetto. It was awful. Worse than awful. People were rude. Problems weren't fixed. No one seemed to give a shit about anything. Nonsense.

M5eater
01-12-12, 02:36 PM
I just left Armen Cadillac in Plymouth Meeting, PA for Hill Cadillac in West Chester, PA. I gave them multiple opportunities to deal with my issues but going there was like the Twilight Zone. Finally I responded to a survey with honest answers and got calls from the service manager and a rep from GM. I tried to let the dealership work out their issues but after someone gave me attitude over the phone I finally bagged it and changed dealers. What a breath of fresh air Hill Cadillac is.

Using Armen Cadillac's service department was worse than using discount shop in the ghetto. It was awful. Worse than awful. People were rude. Problems weren't fixed. No one seemed to give a shit about anything. Nonsense.
could be worse, could have an excelent, caring service team with in-capable techs and a worse paint shop. Colonial's service advisors were always genuine and wanted me happy, their back-end operations team however, dragged me through 5 months to fix something that shouldn't have happened.

cdog533
01-12-12, 02:57 PM
I would gladly trade front-desk sweetness for back-room competency.

My front desk guys have been apologetic for the problems the back room techs caused. To be fair, my Jeep dealer and BMW dealers also sucked. All I want is competent work and decent customer service; it doesn't have to be the Ritz.

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-13-12, 01:00 PM
All,
My name is Sarah and I'm assisting Breanne with the forum today. This thread is much appreciated, and I apologize for unsatisfactory experiences. If we can further assist or document anything, please get in touch with us via a private message.

Regards,
Sarah
Cadillac Customer Service