: ends up I had a deal and car is ordered

Trionalaw
01-10-12, 12:04 PM
As it turned out, my "tentative" deal actually was not. It was a deal. Apparently, my dealership was willing to take the risk on incentives. I understand that incentives actually went up somewhat. Fine with me, as I think the deal negotiated was very fair. I therefore have on order a 2012 CTS_V coupe raven black over ebony, six speed manual with Recaro sports seats, midnight Sapelle wood trim, suede steering wheel and gearshift knob and satin graphite wheels.

My E90 BMW M3 lease is up the end of February. Timing should be about right.

So I am knocking on the door. Will report when it arrives.

Jim

Ste_V_e
01-10-12, 12:10 PM
You will love it just picked mine up last month it's the best car I've owned. I've had a 2010 c63 and 2012 gt500.

SoCalCTSV
01-10-12, 01:05 PM
You ordered my exact car. Congrats!

Trionalaw
01-10-12, 06:51 PM
How long have you had the car? I assume you love it? I am coming out of my third M3 (E 36; E 46 with SMGII, which was only fun at the track and E 90s sedan with six speed – a perfect car other than I will return it with just under 50,000 miles. Cost of an extended warranty doesn't make sense. To drive a BMW without a warranty in my opinion is akin to asking Charlie Sheen to take out your daughter:you just lay in bed at night waiting for something bad to happen). I am really looking forward to all that this car has to offer.

Plus, if it doesn't turn me into a chick magnet, nothing will!

Take care,

Jim

Ste_V_e
01-10-12, 10:02 PM
I have a auto 2011 black coupe with about all the options and it's just an awesome car. I'd be suprised if you weren't impressed on how much better it performs in the twistys or straight line.

hutch66
01-10-12, 10:22 PM
Iv'e also come from both a E36 and E46 M3. Never driver the E9X M3, so can't comment on that. This is such a wonderful car. It does everything so well. I too agree it is the best cat I have ever owned.

SoCalCTSV
01-10-12, 10:42 PM
How long have you had the car? I assume you love it? I am coming out of my third M3 (E 36; E 46 with SMGII, which was only fun at the track and E 90s sedan with six speed – a perfect car other than I will return it with just under 50,000 miles. Cost of an extended warranty doesn't make sense. To drive a BMW without a warranty in my opinion is akin to asking Charlie Sheen to take out your daughter:you just lay in bed at night waiting for something bad to happen). I am really looking forward to all that this car has to offer.

Plus, if it doesn't turn me into a chick magnet, nothing will!

Take care,

Jim

2 months. Fantastic car. My daily driver. I've taken two 800 mile trips already.

BI2011ESV
01-11-12, 06:23 AM
Congrats on the new CTS-V. I'm sure you'll have a blast!

smackdownCTSV
01-11-12, 12:42 PM
Congrats on the new CTS-V. I'm sure you'll have a blast!

How would you know? :hide:

thebigjimsho
01-12-12, 02:44 PM
Congrats on the V! And I love the options you chose...