: Minor Issues with 2011 Coupe - Any Thoughts?

ctsvwannabe
01-10-12, 10:59 AM
I now have about 3500 miles on my '11 Coupe and have some minor issues. Haven't had it to the dealer yet to ask them if there are any software updates - I would like to hear what the forum members think.
1) Speedometer vs DIC - they do not read the same - usually different by 2 or 3 mph.
2) Fuel gauge calibration - fuel level starts to fall immediately after fill-up then slows down around 1/2 tank. I usually fill-up when gauge indicates 1/8 or less remaining. Have never put more than 13 gallons in. Where is the remaining 5 gallons?
3) A/C temperature control seems to have a lot of hysteresis - It seems like you have to swing the temperature setting several degrees (5-6) each way to feel any effect on the fan speed setting or temperature in the car.
4) Throttle pedal has a dead spot right off idle - the pedal moves (a small amount) with no resulting increase in engine rpm. Causes some difficulty in getting the car rolling (manual transmission).
5) Cruise control seems to "hunt" when crusing at 65 in 6th gear. Seems like there is not enough engine braking to keep the car from gaining speed on a downhill. This causes a shutter in the drive train.

I know that all of these issues are relatively minor, but I would like to hear if you have had any/all of these issues and whether the dealer should be able to address them.

TIA

PS I love this car - totally different car than my 05 V (which I still have). I love them both for their unique feel/driving experience.

keithsm2
01-10-12, 02:15 PM
as to the fuel Gauge ....Mine does the same....Drive 18 miles and it moves significantly sometimes..

cdog533
01-10-12, 02:51 PM
1) Speedometer vs DIC - they do not read the same - usually different by 2 or 3 mph.

Probably a minor variation somewhere. They can't fix this, wouldn't worry about it. Is what it is.

2) Fuel gauge calibration - fuel level starts to fall immediately after fill-up then slows down around 1/2 tank. I usually fill-up when gauge indicates 1/8 or less remaining. Have never put more than 13 gallons in. Where is the remaining 5 gallons?

I'd keep running it and see if it moves from 1/8 tank or sticks for a while. Mine usually appears to be basically empty and I put in 16 gallons. Dealer can't help you here - it is what it is.

3) A/C temperature control seems to have a lot of hysteresis - It seems like you have to swing the temperature setting several degrees (5-6) each way to feel any effect on the fan speed setting or temperature in the car.

Auto setting sucks. It is what it is.

4) Throttle pedal has a dead spot right off idle - the pedal moves (a small amount) with no resulting increase in engine rpm. Causes some difficulty in getting the car rolling (manual transmission).

There's a little play, not excessive. You need to dig deeper into the throttle off idle. Again, is what it is.

5) Cruise control seems to "hunt" when crusing at 65 in 6th gear. Seems like there is not enough engine braking to keep the car from gaining speed on a downhill. This causes a shutter in the drive train.

Is what it is... dealer can't do anything

See, all your issues are fixed!

MotownPimp
01-10-12, 03:34 PM
See, all your issues are fixed!

How reassuring!

LOL!

ctsvwannabe
01-10-12, 05:13 PM
1)Is what it is... dealer can't do anything

Thanks cdog, but I'm not ready to accept your explanations. From tinkering with my 05V using EFILive, I know that the throttle curve, fuel gauge and speedometer reading can be tweaked in firmware. I'm hoping that because my '11 V-coupe was built relatively early in the production cycle (dealer received it from the factory in late December 2010/early January 2011) that there may have been refinements made to the vehicles FW that address some of these issues. Not quite ready to update to a later version of EFILive to make my own changes. Anybody know if there are factory flash updates that may help with these annoyances?

Thanks,

ctsvwannabe

cdog533
01-10-12, 06:13 PM
I'm not sure about that stuff, I'm not a tech guy.

But I will tell you that while they are updating the firmware, they'll probably scratch up your wheels or interior pieces somehow. These kind of things have a way of happening at the dealer.

I'd just leave it alone.

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-12-12, 01:47 PM
Ctsvwannabe,
I would talk to your local dealer. They will have information about the updates to the firmware. Let me know what you find out.
Breanne
Cadillac Customer Service