: My 95 Fleetwood Brougham is being... Reborn...

BeelzeBob
11-09-04, 07:47 PM
Hurricane Damage. Not really a big deal - but it looks like I had some rocks make little chips around the car.. So, I talked to State Farm and they're paying to have the entire car repainted. It's being done at a GM shop (Buick, actually) so I'm expecting a really great job. I'm probably going the extra mile and getting all new chrome pieces as well.. While I'm at it, I'm likely going to upgrade the rims to 17 or 18 inch chrome (that seems to be the stock size on all expensive luxury cars these days) and upgrade the stereo system as well.. Oh - and all new rubber... If I keep the car, I'll be supercharging sometime next year (Pro Charger). Not for racing, just for 'really impressive' power when I need it.

The interior is in excellent shape - so I think I'm going to have a brand new Fleetwood Brougham (with 74k). I'm probably just going to keep this car instead of getting into something new with payments.. I've been considering a 2000 DeVille lately. And it's still not out of the question.. But - for a pristine Fleetwood Brougham, could I possibly get $12k on eBay from some serious enthusiast? The main reason I'm still considering selling the car is - I have a feeling I'm not going to want to drive it. I mean - it's going to be virtually perfect. If I was ever to have a garage queen, this would be it...

RBraczyk
11-09-04, 07:50 PM
Do be sure to get pics when it comes back. What color?

BeelzeBob
11-09-04, 07:51 PM
Same color.. Check the pictures in my signature link...

Adam
11-09-04, 07:57 PM
ah hell, go crazy. throw some 14s and some hydraulics in it. or atleast some 20 or 22s.

BeelzeBob
11-09-04, 08:01 PM
Heh! Well, I'm not into the low-rider thing.. Or hydraulics. :p And I'm really not looking for "Bling"! I just want something I'm really happy with. I could probably make this the perfect car (for myself) - but then, like I said, I might be afraid to drive it. I can't imagine how I'll feel the first time I hear a rock hit the car on the highway...

Msilva954
11-09-04, 08:34 PM
NOOO DONT GET RID OF IT........

If it was me personally.....Id go for some nice 18" or 20" Centerline Forged wheels....very light and cheap at only around less then $200 a rim. Then go for the supercharger....and other things...you will love the car....why switch to a FWD Deville when you can have a much nicer car?....O.OO Check with homeboyz hydrolics I think they may still have billit grills.

ocjmakaveli
11-09-04, 09:06 PM
lucky lucky lucky

i wouldn't sell a brougham unless you are sure of yourself and DON'T HAVE ANY DOUBTS cause trust me the way WE(enthusiasts) are any doubt will turn into A MAJOR REGRET once you sell it so just be sure you are 100% Doubtless or else every repair you do to your deville will get on your nerves.

I do like the new devilles especially the white diamond ones but i wouldn't sell a fleetwood for a deville i'd set mine aside and buy another deville if possible.

either way post some pics plz

how much was the new chrome? where did you buy it from?

juiceE
11-10-04, 12:16 PM
NOOO DONT GET RID OF IT........

If it was me personally.....Id go for some nice 18" or 20" Centerline Forged wheels....very light and cheap at only around less then $200 a rim. Then go for the supercharger....and other things...you will love the car....why switch to a FWD Deville when you can have a much nicer car?....O.OO Check with homeboyz hydrolics I think they may still have billit grills.

hey, do u know any one that actually got a set of them centerline rims... i was seriously lookin into these ... but never seen one in person or anything, or heard any feedback about these...
and wuts this about grilles?

RBraczyk
11-10-04, 12:28 PM
Don't go supercharged, its a waste because it slowly kills your motor. If anything, find someone to do a 383 conversion. Far more superior to a supercharger, and far more reliable.

JAKE91
11-10-04, 12:30 PM
THAT'S WHAT A CAR IS FOR!! WHY STICK IT IN A GARAGE AND LOOK AT IT?? :hmm:

YOU ONLY ROCK ONCE, MIGHT AS WELL ROCK HARD!!! :drinker :bouncy: :drinker

davesdeville
11-10-04, 08:54 PM
Don't go supercharged, its a waste because it slowly kills your motor. If anything, find someone to do a 383 conversion. Far more superior to a supercharger, and far more reliable.

Supercharging doesn't slowly kill your motor. If it's so bad, how come Ford made the T-Bird supercoupe, or Buick makes some supercharged 3.8s? The power being made is what "kills" your motor, not how it's made (unless you do it wrong and have detonation or something).

Msilva954
11-10-04, 09:55 PM
^^

While I dont personally know anyone who has used Centerline Wheels I do know that they are some of the highest quality rims out there, and the cheapest too....almost too good to be true yet it isnt.

Now I have seen them up close on Dually Trucks etc and they are VERY high quality...forged is the best.

O....and the grill....i dont wanna name any other forum names (lay) summin opposite of high....haha....but search there for billit fleetwood grill because I remember the above place having some.

juiceE
11-11-04, 05:14 PM
^lol, nah i alredy have a billet grill, but i'd much rather have one of them newer style ones i see on escalades, or new deville's... kinda like the E&G's with the fat chrome frame but the vertical bars are fatter, look platinum finished and are slightly slanted toward center, looks way more modern

and i think for next spring im gona look into 22" center forged, i was thinkin same thing u wrote, but wasnt sure, since i never actually seen them, maybe i can find a local dealer.

FASSTWOOD
11-11-04, 08:03 PM
Sal, I wish you were still in NY, I'd let you drive my car with the cam in it. Its like night and day. I really didn't get on it yet but she wants to pull up top. Feels really nice and my idle is very good... I'm not saying don't do a blower, maybe baby steps are in order... Gears swap, posi rear, exhaust, possibly even headers, intake, pcm reprogram, TB bypass, 1.6 roller rockers , cam, etc...etc...

BeelzeBob
11-12-04, 07:47 PM
The only problem with "baby steps" is they'll cost me so much more. I can't do any of that stuff myself - so I'd have to pay for it all individually - which would probably cost more. No? At any cost - what kind of numbers do you think your car could put up now?

Maybe I could just do an LS1 swap. Is that viable? Or ridiculous to even consider? Oh, I forgot about the LT4 upgrade.. Maybe that would be a better solution..

RBraczyk
11-12-04, 09:20 PM
...383....zz crate motor....check it out...

lux hauler
11-12-04, 10:28 PM
If you're going to do any kind of power upgrades, do the posi first. Doesn't make much sense to spend money to make power if it all goes up in tire smoke. Gotta be able to make it hook and two wheels pullin works better than just one. :)

BeelzeBob
11-12-04, 11:46 PM
If you're going to do any kind of power upgrades, do the posi first. Doesn't make much sense to spend money to make power if it all goes up in tire smoke. Gotta be able to make it hook and two wheels pullin works better than just one. :)
What if I don't do any flooring it off the line? I don't like abusing cars, really. I know - I'm a wuss.. I basically like power at 20mph and up. That's the only time it's really important to me...

HotRodSaint
11-13-04, 10:06 AM

I'm on the increase power level road map myself. I felt that the chassis needed to be addressed before it could handle any real horsepower. I did add a K&N intake and Dynomax Exhaust because I needed some power and hot rod rumble after adding tires and suspension that gripped.

I just received my tubular front a-arms yesterday. So very shortly after a 5/8" ball joint upgrade as well, my front suspension will have been transformed from Taxi cab scary, to BMW Sport tuned. I will have no fear pushing my car harder through turns.

I still want to address the steering box too. I found an article in a Chevy magazine about rebuilding steering columns with beefier componants. Mine pops sometimes.

After I address a paint issue or two, the powertrain gets all the attention other than maintenance.

HotRodSaint
11-13-04, 10:13 AM
What if I don't do any flooring it off the line? I don't like abusing cars, really. I know - I'm a wuss.. I basically like power at 20mph and up. That's the only time it's really important to me...

I was leading a pack of cars doing 100-108 from Las Vegas last week. You don't want to do that with the stock suspension and tires.

I made it back in 3 hours and 15 minutes. And everyone says it takes 4 hours. :lildevil:

RBraczyk
11-13-04, 10:39 AM
Posi gives you far better traction in any type of weather. Plus it lets you leave two wheel burnouts.

lux hauler
11-13-04, 11:50 AM
You said it, I didn't. :canttalk: :p
I guess if off-line performance isn't your thing, a posi wouldn't be AS important. IMO, it's still worth looking into.
I'm going today to pick up a posi unit for my '84 coupe. I got some of the stuff I'm going to need for my 500 swap from a junkyard yesterday. I'll probably go back sometime next week to get the rest.....then the swap can begin. :D
Good luck with the upgrades and be sure to let us know how it turns out.

carguy16
11-13-04, 01:10 PM
My steering pop's all the time when I turn the wheel hard, I have a service record from the dealer where the previous owner complained of popping. As long as nothing is being damaged, Im not going to worry about it.

I still want to address the steering box too. I found an article in a Chevy magazine about rebuilding steering columns with beefier componants. Mine pops sometimes.

After I address a paint issue or two, the powertrain gets all the attention other than maintenance.

HotRodSaint
11-13-04, 11:31 PM
My steering pop's all the time when I turn the wheel hard, I have a service record from the dealer where the previous owner complained of popping. As long as nothing is being damaged, Im not going to worry about it.

It annoys me. :annoyed:

RBraczyk
11-13-04, 11:48 PM
I get loud metal slams whenever i get to the extent of my steering left or right. Is this what your talking about?

Mr Cowl Hood
11-14-04, 11:11 PM
...383....zz crate motor....check it out...

Or better yet, check out www.golenengineservice.com

They make great engines and for reasonable prices. Sal, consider that before you SC that thing. Sorry to hear about your damage, but State Farm should take care of you and you're right, it will be new again. I just wish FL wasn't so far away...and you had a 96 or I would have made you an offer.

Brian 96 FWB / 96 Impala SS