Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Official 2013 Cadillac ATS Pictures; If you have more, post them HERE

24K views 90 replies 31 participants last post by  rand49er 
#1 ·
More pictures here

[url]http://jalopnik.com/5874063/2013-cadillac-ats-suck-it-germany

I love this interior scheme.
\
The saddle/black color combination looks amazing, and it's great to see such heavy usage of a contrasting dashboard, center console and door trim. That's something that BMW always did and made great usage of.

I[/URL]'ve gotta say, I really like this. It takes what we like about the 2nd gen CTS and shrinks it, smoothes out some of the more pronounced lines and creates an overall very desirable package bound to differentiate it's self from a sea of 3 Serieses, C Classes and A4's. It appears as though GM didn't take any shortcuts to save money, what we have here looks just as well built and as well engineered (if not better) as anything out of Munich, Ingolstadt or Stuttgart.

Bravo Cadillac. It appears as though the wait was worth it. So aside from the ATS devoted section, I thought this would be a nice post for the lounge so all the "regulars" could see it.

See less See more
Reactions: Frikiton
#3 ·
Re: Cadillac ATS revealed on Jalopnik

It will be interesting to see how this ATS fares in the marketplace. Will it be viewed as a 3 series BMW competitior, or just a "cheap" Cadillac! I think it depends on how it drives, it won't sell on looks alone.

#12 ·
I'm an old school guy at heart. I love the big old Broughams, deVilles and to a lesser extent, the Sevilles and Eldorados. But those are dead and whatever full size model comes back to top the line will be great and fresh and truly desirable, but won't be a model like the much lamented full sizers.

On that note, I've got mixed opinions about the current line up. I like the CTS more than anything else in it's class, and the wagon, coupe and wicked V Series only solidify the awesomeness that is that car, but everything else in the lineup doesn't really grab me. But that's just my humble opinion, and it's not like I'm in the market now anyways. The XTS should be OK, but it's uninspired, but the ATS really grabs my attention. It's the first compact Cadillac that isn't a joke (not that that is saying very much though) and hopefully will pave an all new road for Cadillac to dominate, just like the 08 CTS did. On that note, the last time Cadillac introduced a totally new "small" Cadillac was the '03 CTS, and that left me very UNinterested. So the change from the '03 CTS to the '13 ATS is mind-blowing to me.

#13 ·
This link gives some more specifics: http://********************/2012/01/08/2013-cadillac-ats-challenges-the-status-quo/

Says curb weight is "less than 3,400 lbs."

Don't know about anyone else, but the only interior colors I can get my head around is the first one (above). Guess I need to see some of those in person before making a final decision. Can't wait to see a mesh upper and lower grill and a V on the side. A hand e-brake would be a plus. Can't wait to see one in the flesh at the NAIAS.

#19 ·
Car has an EPB. Electronic Park Brake. Unless you get a low spec one some of them have the good old foot pedal.

----------

In not thrilled with the exterior. It's not a "gotta have it" Cadillac (to me). But the interior may very well be raising the bar in its class. The way the car performs will be the deciding factor for many people. Overall, I think the Cadillac ATS is going to be a very hot seller.
Exterior looks better in person, interior looks better in those renders.

#14 ·
It's a sharp looking little car, and I like it for the most part, but I'll have to wait to see it in person to see if it's as striking as I want it to be. The pictures leave a lot to be desired for me. I like the engine and transmission options though. This could be a really good car for Cadillac.

#18 ·
In not thrilled with the exterior. It's not a "gotta have it" Cadillac (to me). But the interior may very well be raising the bar in its class. The way the car performs will be the deciding factor for many people. Overall, I think the Cadillac ATS is going to be a very hot seller.

#20 ·
rand49er said:
This link gives some more specifics: http://********************/2012/01/08/2013-cadillac-ats-challenges-the-status-quo/

Says curb weight is "less than 3,400 lbs."

Don't know about anyone else, but the only interior colors I can get my head around is the first one (above). Guess I need to see some of those in person before making a final decision. Can't wait to see a mesh upper and lower grill and a V on the side. A hand e-brake would be a plus. Can't wait to see one in the flesh at the NAIAS.
You meeting up with us this time?

#26 ·
Looks like a CTS replacement.

#32 ·
Re: 2013 Cadillac ATS Picture (live from the NAIAS)

I think it looks great! This ATS design is what I expected the V2 to look like back in 09. Looking forward to seeing the V model down the road.

Reactions: rand49er
#34 ·
2013 ATS Black Diamond, Red, & Silver Pics + Interior

Found some more pics of the new ATS.. manual & rear seats as well

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.