: Iphone cable does not show track names, normal? + USB question

Veho
01-07-12, 10:00 PM
Hi, looking for help regarding the iphone connection. I have a 2011 CTV-V wagon and I am trying to connect my Iphone to the car. The bluetooth works fine for calls, Im a bit disappointed I cant play music thru bluetooth tho.. So I bought a 2in1 cable (one end and is for the iphone and the other end has a usb and aux jack that connects to
the car center console). With the cord I can play music thru the cars speakers with my iphone but I cant see any track names on my navi screen. Nor can I change tracks
anywhere else than on my iphone... Is this normal? Id like to be able to change tracks from the navi screen instead of looking down on my iphone which I think is
dangerous.

Also I downloaded my whole itunes music library on a USB stick (about 22gb). I connect it to the usb port in the center console but all the car says is "searching...".
My USB stick is a 2.0 so that shouldnt be the problem... Could it be that my car is trying to create a database and it just takes forever for it to do that since its 22gb? I
had it working earlier with another USB stick but that time I only had 30 songs on it so the car found the tracks quick..

Any help is much appreciated.

Sean

Fireverm
01-07-12, 10:22 PM
That is not normal for the standard cable. With that i can see track names and can control both an iPhone 4 and 4S with no issues.

thebigjimsho
01-07-12, 10:37 PM
There has been talk that cheaper cables may not work. Mine came with my car so I'm not sure...

Veho
01-07-12, 10:58 PM
I bought my cable for about 25$, didnt know I needed a special cable for this car. Thats just stupid. Guess I have to go get one from the dealership then... I didnt get a cable with the car.

FLTRI
01-08-12, 12:16 AM
I bought my cable for about 25$, didnt know I needed a special cable for this car. Thats just stupid. Guess I have to go get one from the dealership then... I didnt get a cable with the car.

You should have. Go back and tell them you want it, it's part of the car.

Mine works fine, all the tracks are there to read on the screen, all the dash buttons control the iPhone. I can even read the tracks on Pandora & FFW to the next song...