: Ally lease incentive dried up and maybe my deal



Trionalaw
01-07-12, 12:08 PM
I reported earlier I decided not to lease my CTS-V coupe when $4800 of incentives ($2800 from Ally leasing and $2000 from Conquest as my M3is leased with BMW Financial) and Ally's waiver of first month payment on 39 month lease because I just didn't want sunroof and no cars available in US without it. Now Ally has withdrawn its $2800 and the first month waiver.

Still waiting on lease numbers but expect them to be $100 more per month which is more than I want to pay. I have located a 2011 with almost no miles and can get at a great number. Unfortunately it is not black and has a sunroof but with home equity rates I can pay less than the leaese payment with the $4800 incentives. Downside to this option is what happens to resale in 3 years when V3 hits the market?

I suppose there is never the perfect deal is there? Well, one time there was. I bought a year old 1986 1/2 Porsche 944 for 75% of its TMV (
I wrote Porsche of NA to confirm the sway bar sizes and actually received a call from a wonderful German gentleman who answered my questions. He asked me what I paid for it and his response to it was "Goot Gat man, you stole it!" [I tried to spell the accent.})

I always try to keep looking in the present and not fret about the past or worry about the future. Sort of my take on Matthew 6:25.

As Vonnegut wrote in "Slaughter House 5": So it goes.

Jim

hulksdaddy
01-07-12, 02:09 PM
Stop sweating the details and get your ass in one! Only live once, and that once flies by.

smackdownCTSV
01-07-12, 02:37 PM
Value is still holding up. I'm seeing '09s fetching over $40K still.

GM-4-LIFE
01-07-12, 07:48 PM
Stop sweating the details and get your ass in one! Only live once, and that once flies by.

Yes, very true! I can't believe I am this old already!

thebigjimsho
01-07-12, 09:12 PM
Yes, the values are doing much better, comparatively, than the earlier Vs. If you got a manual, figure even slightly better resale. And I don't even know if there will be a V3 by the beginning of 2015. And if there is, the engineers at Cadillac said(as the V2 was debuting) that adding power wasn't too likely. Maybe getting the V lighter would be. But if the new CTS is moving larger with the ATS slotting into its original slot, the V3 could be slower, if anything.

I, too, agree that you can try to work the best deal but, at some point, you cinch down and get it done. I haggled with the dealer in TX who I was dealing with. Since it was a demo, I was trying to pay less than what they thought was fair for a demo. We went back and forth for a few days and came to a standstill. Then, within about 15 minutes, I saw 2 brand new black Vs on the road. I certainly don't think God was saying I should buy a new V, but it sure felt like a sign. I called the dealer who told me they already had a buyer. I was bummed and started looking at a dealer in the Bay Area. But within 2 hours, I got a call saying the buyer fell through. I went online and applied for financing. Got approved for 0% for 72 months and was on a plane 2 days later to get it.

Been loving it ever since...