Cadillac Owners Forum banner
4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  CADDYLUVA 
#1 ·
I bought some used DTS wheels for my STS. What size tires do I need to get to keep the speedo correct on my STS. Do both the DTS and STS use the same size overall tire? My STS has 16" and the DTS is 17".

:thumbsup:

#10 ·
To Use Plus-sized You Must Know That The First # Is The Width In Mm, The Second # Is The Percentage Of The Width To The Height Of The Sidewall. Thus 235-50-15 Is 235mm Wide, 15 Diameter And The Height Of The Sidewall Is 50% Of The Width. Now With The 245 You Would Have To Use A Wider Tire To Keep The Height The Same. So You Might Have Sidewall Clearance Issues. And In Plus Sizing The Wider The Tire The Shorter The Sidewall. A Shorter Sidewall Rides Harder Over Bumps Than The Original. But It Can Work. I Have An 87 Sedan Deville. I Traded The 185-75-14 For 235-60-16. No Clereance Issues, Speedo Is Correct And Car Looks Damn Good. If You Have A Speed Or Customizing Shop Near You Consult Them For Tire Sizing As To What Will Fit. Sorry For The Long Thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.