: 3 Camera Red Rock Canyon run

Fireverm
01-07-12, 02:29 AM
This is video of a run I made through some traffic at Red Rock Canyon today. I don't have time right now to swap between the different cameras so they are just embedded in the lower corners for now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB3fkoziUAU&hd=1

Fireverm
01-07-12, 07:20 PM
My wife just said to me that it is just a matter of time before they ban my car from there. She's probably right, hahahah.

Also, the spirited driving really kicks in at about 4:10 and the most aggressive stuff starts around 6:30.

elphil
01-07-12, 08:46 PM
Enjoyed the ride.

thebigjimsho
01-07-12, 10:01 PM
Tell us about your camera system. I think it's only a matter of time before some much cheaper systems come out than things like ChaseCam...although I love their stuffs...

Fireverm
01-07-12, 10:30 PM
Tell us about your camera system. I think it's only a matter of time before some much cheaper systems come out than things like ChaseCam...although I love their stuffs...

My system is a total kludge of everything I have laying around.

The main full screen shot is from my Canon T2i using a Sigma 10-22 set to 10mm and all secured using a 2 cup suction mount that was placed just forward of the sunroof and pointed a little down. I had a shotgun mic connected to it that I pointed backwards, but unfortunately it was just wind noise (shit).

The cabin shot was taken with a GoPro HDHero 2 mounted upside down using the motorsport mount and placed on the underside of the forward sunroof panel. Audio from this was not that great since I had the windows cracked.

The bumper shot was taken using my iPhone 4S in a specialty case that has a tripod mount and was secured with a single cup suction mount placed on the bumper just inside of the passenger fog light bucket.

Lastly I captured exhaust audio using a Zoom H1 digital audio recorder and a piece of shit lapel mic I ran all of the way back to the license plate frame. I would have preferred to just have the Zoom capture that audio itself but I ran out of mounts, lol. It was a mono mic that I think wasn't impedance matched to the Zoom so this also wasn't as good as I wanted.

It may not seem like it, but this was a pretty spur of the moment shoot for me so not everything was ideal. It was just one of my last opportunities for a few months to drive the car since I'm leaving the country next week.

I needed to sync 3 video tracks and 4 audio tracks and that is one of the reasons I honk 3 times in the beginning to help that process in post. I also learned that the iPhone 4S' video/audio are not exactly synced up together which threw me for a loop for a bit. While I'm gone, I'm going to attempt to edit it so that it cuts between the shots.... but that takes a ton of time that I don't have at the moment. I used Premiere CS5.5 for the editing and I think I used vReveal 3 to do some motion stabilizing in one of the feeds.

thebigjimsho
01-07-12, 10:33 PM
Very nice for a mutt system...

thebigjimsho
01-07-12, 11:35 PM
Uh oh, someone's a 1 hand only steerer...

VEGASELDO91
01-08-12, 12:16 AM
Hey; I know that place! I usually ride through on my motorcycle, but haven't been in a long while! Cool video!!

mberisha
01-08-12, 04:44 PM
Very Nice!

js615
01-09-12, 02:50 PM
Would be a great place for a train of V's to go driving and capture it all on video!

Fireverm
01-09-12, 06:22 PM
Would be a great place for a train of V's to go driving and capture it all on video!

Seems as good a place as any for when we finally do the Vegas V meet.

sykoV
01-09-12, 06:29 PM
Anyone going to

01/29/12
11:00am - 4:00pm
Speedway Children's Charities LAPS FOR CHARITY
http://www.lvms.com/media/news/600889.html

cdog533
01-09-12, 07:31 PM
Very cool.

thebigjimsho
01-09-12, 11:18 PM

What does the train of Vs own?

Caddyscat
01-10-12, 05:37 PM
Reminds me of my trips up Highway 9 out here in the bay. Minivans, priuses, honda accords - All show up way too fast in the front, brake lights and all.