: Fixing Recaros myself?

Veho
01-06-12, 09:04 PM
I just got my BD Vagon back from service and one thing I wanted them to fix was the "rocking" Recaros... They said they testdrove the car but didnt find a problem with the seats but I swear they are "clicking"... How have you fixed your Recaros and what kind of problems have you had with them? In my car the bottom part of
the chair "clicks"/moves in turns. I also find the backrest to be loose.. If anyone knows where the problem is I wouldnt mind to try to fix it myself.. I appreciate any help I can get..

I know the recaros has been discussed but I havnt found the search button on these pages?? Can somebody tell me where it is?
Needless to say Im pretty new to the boards.. I will write a review of the car once Ive driven it a bit more. This is the first US car Ive had in a while so Im pretty
excited to see how it does in my so called test against my former cars. I bought the car without a testdrive since none of the dealers around me had any CTS-Vs... I figured this is the best US built car so it cant be bad :)

jrcmlc
01-06-12, 10:00 PM
I finally got mine repaired under warranty. They had me on a conference call with the engineers, the exec. office and some other people and the end solution was to replace the seat base and rails on both sides. Problem solved. They know about it, and are fixing it on a limited basis.

Joe

Patent Guy
01-06-12, 10:19 PM
Mine also was fixed under warranty through the dealer. GM is aware of the problem and knows the parts required to fix it.

I have attached the work description and the parts required to fix the problem. You do not need the "panel" or the "clip" unless you scrape up your lower inner B-pillar trim when removing the seat.

Veho
01-06-12, 11:10 PM
Thank you for the help!! I will take my car back to the dealer and have them fix it. It seems too much of work
To do by myself. Sincenthe problem has been acknowledgednand fixed before i cant see them refusing to fix it.

rednumbers
01-07-12, 02:34 AM
Just got mine back. They replace the mounting bars on the floor. Works good for now

WhoseCadillacIsThat
01-07-12, 08:25 AM
Entire lumbar replaced in this one - warranty... No 'rocking' but back left side support was giving away. The dealers are probably being alerted to some issues with these high dollar seats so the fixes are warranted ...... Conspiracy Theory: The Germans and Japanese have dropped their QA on these seats so they are causing GM to spend time and otherwise profit money correcting what should no have been an issue (for the money) in the first place. This is no fault of GM. :stirpot:

Anyhow, this seat is now repaired.