: Recaros repaired today...

WhoseCadillacIsThat
01-06-12, 07:23 PM
Should have said: "Recaro Repaired Today".....

Took the 'V' in yesterday evening for scheduled warranty repairs to the Recaro seat that was breaking away on hard right turn. By 'breaking away' I mean that the inner back LH lumbar support wing was giving away under load then sort-of 'breaking back' with force in the opposite (left) turn. The seat made an audible 'clack' on both movements/breakaways.

The dealer's service manager explained that they have replaced the entire lumbar portion of the seat - said the hinge was the problem, that is was "out of place". I couldn't do a total test of the seat in traffic this afternoon but the lumbar adjustment actually seems much more effective with greater movement on adjustment. The service manager reminded me that this is a totally new problem but that he had been able to duplicate the symptoms that I attempted to explained. He ordered the parts that he felt were failing from a breakdown diagram from GM. I'm betting that we're repaired - just feels much better.

It must have been Friday afternoon at the Recaro seat plant so the hinge pin was not inserted since Cletis was in a hurry to 'git' home to a beer and some nookie .... or was it Hi Kung Goo.

jrcmlc
01-06-12, 10:00 PM
I finally got mine repaired under warranty. They had me on a conference call with the engineers, the exec. office and some other people and the end solution was to replace the seat base and rails on both sides. Problem solved. They know about it, and are fixing it on a limited basis.

Joe

GMX322V S/C
01-06-12, 11:14 PM
...It must have been Friday afternoon at the Recaro seat plant so the hinge pin was not inserted since Cletis was in a hurry to 'git' home to a beer and some nookie .... or was it Hi Kung Goo.The USA plant is in Auburn Hills, MI, so it was probably <fill in stereotypical Yankee or derogatory African American name>.

stabie
01-06-12, 11:30 PM
I thought the recaros were made in china.

GMX322V S/C
01-06-12, 11:32 PM
Recaros are made in Germany (HQ), the USA, and Japan.

WhoseCadillacIsThat
01-07-12, 07:19 AM
China via Germany via Japan via Michigan.... It's a world economy now you know....

thebigjimsho
01-07-12, 11:50 AM
The Recaros are magnificent...when working properly. Thankfully, I have had no issues except for a very slight forward/aft rock. Doesn't bother me, though...

WhoseCadillacIsThat
01-07-12, 12:04 PM
The Recaros are magnificent...when working properly. Thankfully, I have had no issues except for a very slight forward/aft rock. Doesn't bother me, though...

Yes they are, and worth the extra. And it appears that GM is genuinely interested in making them right.