: 2011 CTS V Black Diamond Edition production numbers

p rao
01-06-12, 01:18 PM
Does anyone know how I can get the production numbers on the 2011 CTS V (limited) Black Diamond Edition? I (ordered 2/11) took delivery of one early March, 2011 and am also interested in obtaining the sequence number of my vehicle, if possible. I contacted Caddy Cust Ser but they keep referring me to GMArchives, who cannot help me.

GM-4-LIFE
01-06-12, 01:37 PM
It is going to be very tough to find this information from GM. On their production numbers, they don't separate V-Series from the standard CTS and they don't separate by color or options when they publish their info. You would have to obtain this information from someone on the inside that handles the data you are looking for. I can tell you that my black diamond edition V Coupe was number 1 and it was built on February 9, 2011 and order went in January of 2011.

p rao
01-06-12, 02:00 PM
Thanks CTS V Twin,
My Blk Diamond Sedan was built March 2nd. I believe Cadillac produced Coupes and Wagons in the Blk Diamond edition prior to making the Sedan version, as the early announcements only included coupes and wagons. And, I was told the Sedans (BDE) weren't scheduled to start production until early March, 2011. I love my car!!! The best car built in America (in my opinion)!

GM-4-LIFE
01-06-12, 02:55 PM
I hear ya! I love my V Coupe more than any other GM vehicle I have ever owned and it is by far the best GM vehicle I have ever owned. I love driving it and I don't mind all the attention either.

Emax
01-06-12, 03:39 PM
Does anyone know how I can get the production numbers on the 2011 CTS V (limited) Black Diamond Edition? I (ordered 2/11) took delivery of one early March, 2011 and am also interested in obtaining the sequence number of my vehicle, if possible. I contacted Caddy Cust Ser but they keep referring me to GMArchives, who cannot help me.

I would love to find out what # my car is too I didn't get mine till 9-16-11 and I know it was built some time in June I just went to look at them after seeing the top gear tv show and I fell in love with the BDE. I would of did it right then but I had to talk the wife into it and send her and her mother to Atlantic city for the weekend while I picked the car up and put it in the garage worth every penny and of course she didn't win in AC either.

Metacomet
01-08-12, 12:30 PM
I would also like to have that information.

When I eventually run this extremely rare and desirable beast thru Barrett-Jackson, that bit of exclusivity data will help push bidders lusting for what no one else can get.

needspeed
01-08-12, 01:29 PM
I would also like to have that information.

When I eventually run this extremely rare and desirable beast thru Barrett-Jackson, that bit of exclusivity data will help push bidders lusting for what no one else can get.

Well since there is nothing that distinguishes the BDE from any other V, except for the introduction of the paint, it is not a limited edition anything. You can order the exact same car for 2012 and they will make as many as they can sell. That is neither rare, nor limited.......Steve

SoCalCTSV
01-08-12, 01:42 PM
I hear ya! I love my V Coupe more than any other GM vehicle I have ever owned and it is by far the best GM vehicle I have ever owned. I love driving it and I don't mind all the attention either.

I go to Monty's in the valley on Fridays and always get the royal treatment by the valets. One of the older ladies that works there - I think the owner's mother - owns a CTS Coupe and she always comes by and says hi. Most of my co workers drive the standard issue Lexus / Audi / BMW / Benz and they are fantastic cars. I like being unique.

M5eater
01-08-12, 01:58 PM
Well since there is nothing that distinguishes the BDE from any other V, except for the introduction of the paint, it is not a limited edition anything. You can order the exact same car for 2012 and they will make as many as they can sell. That is neither rare, nor limited.......Steve
yup. The special edition cars for 2011 may be limitied in production, but only because eventually they just made the paint a standard option, it was a special edition not a limited edition, GM made as many as people wanted to buy. The acutal cars that you had to buy as an entire package with the sticker that says 'Black Diamond Special Edition' may be some-what rare. Black Diamond paint itself however, I'm sure will end up not being too rare. Thunder Gray or Moca Steel would be my bets for the rarest color V2's. You can get Black diamond paint on regular CTS's and soon a few other GM cars.

p rao
01-08-12, 06:28 PM

Wrongo Stevo!
Cadiilac introducted the BDE special paint along with yellow calipers and satin graphite wheels in order to make a statement and draw attention to the V series. These editions were to be introduced in the Spring of 2011, the last quarter of the model year builds, therefore limiting the production time of said editions. You are correct anyone can build the same car in 2012 but it will not be an official BDE nor will the window sticker label the car a BDE. The first year of a small production window special edition will increase the value and make the edition more collectible than an ordered clone the following model year. I included a link to the utube video produced by Cadillac promoting the Black Diamond Edition from Feb 2011.
This is one of, if not the first modern day production of a special edition where a car company offered a "pimped out" luxury high performace vehicle straight from the factory. The BDE turns heads of the young and old. And, has proven cadillac aren't just for old farts!!! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z5uJwtWLg8&feature=colike

needspeed
01-08-12, 07:25 PM
Wrongo Stevo!
Cadiilac introducted the BDE special paint along with yellow calipers and satin graphite wheels in order to make a statement and draw attention to the V series. These editions were to be introduced in the Spring of 2011, the last quarter of the model year builds, therefore limiting the production time of said editions. You are correct anyone can build the same car in 2012 but it will not be an official BDE nor will the window sticker label the car a BDE. The first year of a small production window special edition will increase the value and make the edition more collectible than an ordered clone the following model year. I included a link to the utube video produced by Cadillac promoting the Black Diamond Edition from Feb 2011.
This is one of, if not the first modern day production of a special edition where a car company offered a "pimped out" luxury high performace vehicle straight from the factory. The BDE turns heads of the young and old. And, has proven cadillac aren't just for old farts!!! :)

I will make sure that in 2052 I will be watching your pristine BDE with 22K original miles roll onto the stage and I will resurrect this thread and we can settle up then :D..........Steve

M5eater
01-08-12, 09:02 PM
Wrongo Stevo!

I really don't think that's going to be the case here. Unlike Porsche, Nissan, mercedes and other Black edition cars, the Black Diamond edition has nothing over the other cars, except that for a time it was the only way to purchase the paint, rims and calipers-- and that essentially you were getting a $995 premium paint for free. the Black edition GT-R gets special interior and rims, the porsche gets a few extra ponies and like the mercedes they were also limited production. The Cadillac gets nothing, except as I said, if you wanted the paint, rims and calipers, you had to buy the package. What we bought in 2011 is a window sticker(which doesn't even say special edition, so I wonder if the other colors are the same way), and lack of rainsense wipers, which 2012 models will have. There's at least a dozen Black diamond owners on this forum alone. I sort of had a beef with GM because of this after I heard that I essentially bought into a marketing tactic, but the whole car isn't going to appreciate into a quarter million dollar vehicle anyway, so I'm okay with it.

If you want to get down to the facts it could be said of all the 'black' edition cars, the CTS-V is the worst in terms of exclusive features and rarity.

p rao
01-08-12, 10:40 PM
I really don't think that's going to be the case here. Unlike Porsche, Nissan, mercedes and other Black edition cars, the Black Diamond edition has nothing over the other cars, except that for a time it was the only way to purchase the paint, rims and calipers-- and that essentially you were getting a $995 premium paint for free. the Black edition GT-R gets special interior and rims, the porsche gets a few extra ponies and like the mercedes they were also limited production. The Cadillac gets nothing, except as I said, if you wanted the paint, rims and calipers, you had to buy the package. What we bought in 2011 is a window sticker(which doesn't even say special edition, so I wonder if the other colors are the same way), and lack of rainsense wipers, which 2012 models will have. There's at least a dozen Black diamond owners on this forum alone. I sort of had a beef with GM because of this after I heard that I essentially bought into a marketing tactic, but the whole car isn't going to appreciate into a quarter million dollar vehicle anyway, so I'm okay with it.

If you want to get down to the facts it could be said of all the 'black' edition cars, the CTS-V is the worst in terms of exclusive features and rarity.

My window sticker is titled "2011 CTS-V SDN Black Diamond Edition". I much rather the introductory version then creating a copy cat with rain sensing wipers. I rarely used the option (rain sensing) on my XLR. Also, the same options included in the 2011 BDE for 2012 CTS V will cost you 6390. vs the 4850. I bought this car 66,875 net, after rebate and there is no other vehicle for this price that delivers what my BDE delivers. An American muscle car with class, and a bad ass look!!! Yes, I'm bias.. :).

----------

Good one!!! Funny. Happy New Year to you and your family.

----------

That's funny. Have a great new Year!!

----------

"That's funny" comment was meant for Stevo. Enjoy the ride!!!

DrVolkl
01-09-12, 12:56 AM
More people probably bought black diamond edition cars than red ones... I wouldn't be hedging bets on what's going to be worth money 30 years from now just yet... kinda pointless.

Any CTS-V is going to be worth something someday... it's a great car.

Fireverm
01-09-12, 12:04 PM
Back in May my dealer spun the BDE as a very limited edition offering...obviously he was full of shit. I was actually going in for a Thunder Gray but they had an auto BDE on the lot and my wife fell in love with the color. They had no manuals on the lot so when we searched dealer inventory, naturally only 2 came up in a 1000 mile radius...one BD and the other Thunder Gray.

My signature can tell you who won the color battle.

M5eater
01-09-12, 12:11 PM
my dealer said 500 units or some b/s as well , it's not just you

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-09-12, 12:59 PM
P rao,
My initial search did not turn up these numbers, but I will continue to research this for you. As soon as I find more information, I will let you know.
Breanne
Cadillac Customer Service

M5eater
01-09-12, 01:04 PM
P rao,
My initial search did not turn up these numbers, but I will continue to research this for you. As soon as I find more information, I will let you know.
Breanne
Cadillac Customer Service

MASSIVE kuudo's to Breanne if you could by some miracle make this happen.

p rao
01-09-12, 01:28 PM
That's a nice looking car, Fireverm. You wife was right!! Aren't they always right?? :)

----------

Thanks Breanne!! I appreciate your effort!!! You can do it!!!!

SoCalCTSV
01-09-12, 03:43 PM
Curious on stats on manuals vs auto.

GM-4-LIFE
01-09-12, 05:08 PM
To date, I have NOT seen another BDE CTS-V except mine, so in my mind and to make myself feel special, I am the owner of one of a very few ultra limited cars. I don't really care. I leased it for two years and won't be keeping it and may even lease another BDE CTS-V Coupe in a year when my lease is up.

The few. The Proud. The Black Diamond Edition. That's it.

Fireverm
01-09-12, 05:21 PM
I felt the same way until I saw someone else has a BDE sedan somewhere in my neighborhood too.

p rao
01-09-12, 06:00 PM
I've yet to see another BDE, as well. Between New Orleans and the Missippi Gulf Coast, no sightings....And no one that I know has seen one.. I've seen a few V's, but not one BDE.

M5eater
01-09-12, 06:01 PM
To date, I have NOT seen another BDE CTS-V except mine, so in my mind and to make myself feel special, I am the owner of one of a very few ultra limited cars. I don't really care. I leased it for two years and won't be keeping it and may even lease another BDE CTS-V Coupe in a year when my lease is up.

The few. The Proud. The Black Diamond Edition. That's it.

There have been no other Black Diamonds in my area either.. so far.

Squirlz
01-09-12, 07:06 PM
It was too late to order a BDE wagon when my wife gave me the go-ahead. There was one available in the US but it was an automatic. Ordered on July 8 before pricing info had even been released. Nobody knew there was no BDE for 2012 so my dealer ended up ordering everything ala carte. They forgot the Sapele wood and I'm glad they did.

Fireverm
01-09-12, 07:24 PM
That midnight sapele is the best looking wood trim I've ever seen. I generally don't like wood trim, but I sure do like this one.

needspeed
01-09-12, 08:41 PM
That midnight sapele is the best looking wood trim I've ever seen. I generally don't like wood trim, but I sure do like this one.

+1......Steve

M5eater
01-09-12, 08:54 PM

+2.. I wasn't a fan on wood trim, but this stuff looks nice, it's perfect. SO much that I want to save it and buy some CF-looking plastic trim to wrap in CF. it also helps that it's supposed to be a rare option. I believe I saw a 2009 or 2010 options break down and the midnight was a Sub 10% spec'd option.

Metacomet
01-11-12, 09:11 AM
Yup...

Caddy could sell all the 2011 BDE Sport Wagons they wanted to.

And I'll bet they did sell, maybe a hundred.

That is rare and limited.

----------

I've yet to see another BDE, as well. Between New Orleans and the Missippi Gulf Coast, no sightings....And no one that I know has seen one.. I've seen a few V's, but not one BDE.

Same here. From Portland Oregon to Tucson Arizona, I have not seen a single wagon.

In fact the one I drive is the only one that I have ever seen. Let alone a V-Sport Wagon Or a BDE.

M5eater
01-11-12, 10:48 AM
Yup...

Caddy could sell all the 2011 BDE Sport Wagons they wanted to.

And I'll bet they did sell, maybe a hundred.

That is rare and limited.

rare and limited do not always equate to desirable and or collectable, espically with color choices. There will be more rare colors than Black Diamond in all configurations.

Metacomet
01-12-12, 11:54 AM
Sorry you didn't get the wagon.

Mine will be a collectible.

p rao
01-12-12, 01:17 PM
The wagon probably will be worth more due to number production only, it's the least attractive of the three, r u a soccer mom???

GM-4-LIFE
01-12-12, 01:26 PM
I like the V Wagon and I would have gotten one if I was a station wagon type of guy, but when I saw the V Coupe, I just had to have it!

I had a 2009 V Sedan and a 2010 V Sedan and I just felt GM didn't style it aggressively enough for me. It looked like every other standard CTS around. Nobody would even look at it twice. The V Coupe gets looks everywhere I go and people ask me questions about it all the time! The V Wagon also looks very aggressive and GM did a great styling job on the V Wagon. I think they should have done more on the V Sedan to make it really stand out like they did with the V Coupe and V Wagon.

Let's hope GM really makes the next gen CTS-V Sedan a lot more aggressive. If they don't make a next gen V Coupe which GM kind of hinted at, I will look at the ATS-V Coupe and if it has a V8, sign me up!

M5eater
01-12-12, 01:33 PM
Let's hope GM really makes the next gen CTS-V Sedan a lot more aggressive. If they don't make a next gen V Coupe which GM kind of hinted at, I will look at the ATS-V Coupe and if it has a V8, sign me up!
subdued styling is apart of this segment. Look at it's(the sedan's) competition, there's some exhaust tips, slightly bigger grills and side vents to distinguish your 110K M5 from a 45K 528i.

GM-4-LIFE
01-12-12, 01:39 PM
M5eater,

I want to send a message to GM to make the next gen V series more aggressive. For what you pay, it should really standout. That's all I want along with more power, less curb weight, a bigger gas tank and Cadillac CUE.

M5eater
01-12-12, 01:43 PM
M5eater,

I want to send a message to GM to make the next gen V series more aggressive. For what you pay, it should really standout. That's all I want along with more power, less curb weight, a bigger gas tank and Cadillac CUE.
Completly different front and rear fascias, raised hood, and yellow/silver brembo calipers behind black rims isn't enough huh? :) The V2 is already *the* most agressive looking sedan in it's class is all I'm saying.

GM-4-LIFE
01-12-12, 02:00 PM
My 2009 Radiant Silver V sedan was practically invisible. My 2010 Thunder Gray V sedan was pretty much the same. GM stepped up their game starting with the 2011 model year V when they introduced the black diamond paint color, black wheels and yellow calipers along with the V Coupe and V Wagon. Let's hope they keep going to make the V-Series more attractive than the BMW M vehicles, besides the price.

Metacomet
01-12-12, 11:01 PM
The wagon probably will be worth more due to number production only, it's the least attractive of the three, r u a soccer mom???

Actually, I am an investor.

Investments paid for it, and it is also an investment.

I've heard of penis envy, but wagon envy?

http://www.qltd.com/qrator/post/q_previews_the_north_american_international_auto_s how/

Kluch
01-14-12, 02:57 AM
Actually, I am an investor.

Investments paid for it, and it is also an investment.

I've heard of penis envy, but wagon envy?

http://www.qltd.com/qrator/post/q_previews_the_north_american_international_auto_s how/

In the grand scheme of things, aren't cars crappy investments? I invest in stock and drive the hell out of my V! Then again, I also lease my V so what do I know? Maybe the next guy will buy it used as a collectible.

Metacomet
01-15-12, 01:58 PM
In the grand scheme of things, aren't cars crappy investments?

In general I would agree.

And normally I lease also, but I bought this one late in the model year and the lease numbers stunk.

So I rationalized that a purchase might make sense due to the appeal and relative rarity of this thing.

Maybe not, but then again not all investments are money makers.

I do know that this black rocket is by far the most enjoyable investment I have made.

SoCalCTSV
01-15-12, 02:53 PM
In the grand scheme of things, aren't cars crappy investments? I invest in stock and drive the hell out of my V! Then again, I also lease my V so what do I know? Maybe the next guy will buy it used as a collectible.

My V Coupe is like a nice suit. It lets me earn significantly more than it cost per year, in style and comfort. If it gives me 4-5 years useable life before I go to the next thing, that's good enough for me.

My 66 Chevelle is a parking spot for some money.

Mike_11CTSV
02-01-12, 02:21 PM
Just an FYI for you guys. Black Diamond Edition cars are RPO certified. They aren't just another V, and its not just the window sticker that says Black Diamond Edition. If you check your RPO codes on the underside of the spare tire well cover, you'll see RPO code PCH. Thats the code for the Black Diamond Edition. No other CTS-Vs have that code, so we will always be able to prove that our cars are Black Diamond Edition V's.

p rao
02-01-12, 02:27 PM
Good job, and info. Thanks Mike!!

M5eater
02-01-12, 02:33 PM
Just an FYI for you guys. Black Diamond Edition cars are RPO certified. They aren't just another V, and its not just the window sticker that says Black Diamond Edition. If you check your RPO codes on the underside of the spare tire well cover, you'll see RPO code PCH. Thats the code for the Black Diamond Edition. No other CTS-Vs have that code, so we will always be able to prove that our cars are Black Diamond Edition V's.
WoW! I'll have to check this out, that would be FANTASTIC!

Wow, you're right.. strangely though the only mention I could find besides some random comments refering them is here
http://cadillacowners.com/knowledgebase/cts-v/2011/2011_cts-v_coupe_options.pdf

PCH --
NEW! Black Diamond CTS-V Special
Edition, includes (RB9) 19" x 9" (48.3 cm x
22.9 cm) front, 19" x 10" (48.3 cm x 25.4 cm)
rear, Satin Graphite wheels, (J6E) Yellow
calipers, (W2E) Recaro performance seats
and (3AS) Wood Trim Package.
1 - Requires exterior color (GLK) Black
Diamond Tricoat. Available with (AFF)
Ebony/Ebony, (AFH) Light Titanium/Light
Titanium or (AFK)Ebony/Saffron interior trims.

p rao
02-01-12, 03:17 PM
I checked. Mike is correct!! Also, the PCH code is on my build sheet, defining the Black Diamond Edition.

----------

WoW! I'll have to check this out, that would be FANTASTIC!

Wow, you're right.. strangely though the only mention I could find besides some random comments refering them is here
http://cadillacowners.com/knowledgebase/cts-v/2011/2011_cts-v_coupe_options.pdf

PCH --
NEW! Black Diamond CTS-V Special
Edition, includes (RB9) 19" x 9" (48.3 cm x
22.9 cm) front, 19" x 10" (48.3 cm x 25.4 cm)
rear, Satin Graphite wheels, (J6E) Yellow
calipers, (W2E) Recaro performance seats
and (3AS) Wood Trim Package.
1 - Requires exterior color (GLK) Black
Diamond Tricoat. Available with (AFF)
Ebony/Ebony, (AFH) Light Titanium/Light
Titanium or (AFK)Ebony/Saffron interior trims.

Here's a youtube video produced by Cadillac introducing the BDE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z5uJwtWLg8&feature=related

GM-4-LIFE
02-02-12, 02:19 PM
My next CTS-V Coupe (2013 model year) will most likely be the black diamond paint again. I love the color of my 2011 CTS-V Coupe in the black diamond! Let's hope GM makes it for the 2013 model year. I don't think I will looking at the ZL1.

This is my favorite car out of the almost 30 new GM vehicles I have had in the past.

p rao
03-11-12, 11:00 AM
I got it!!!!! A total number of 577 vehicles were produced in the 2011 "Black Diamond Edition" V line. America's finest vehicle pimped out by the factory. Damn cool!!! I can assure you this info is from a reliable (inside) source who has access to the produciton info. The number includes sedans, coupes and wagons.

M5eater
03-11-12, 11:17 AM
I got it!!!!! A total number of 577 vehicles were produced in the 2011 "Black Diamond Edition" V line. America's finest vehicle pimped out by the factory. Damn cool!!! I can assure you this info is from a reliable (inside) source who has access to the produciton info. The number includes sedans, coupes and wagons.
Nice,

So, we're talking about between 10-20% of total annual production.

I'm still not convinced it's going to help distinguish it from 2012/13 models with the same 'options', but it's neat to know for sure. If anything the advertising and choppers reference will help resale a tiny bit(my sales advisor at least hinted that since it's a rare option combo it'll help him with resale when I trade it in), I don't think there's any denying that even the 577 examples not withstanding, it's going to be an 'uncommon' combination for 2012/13 models.

ChicagoV
03-11-12, 03:38 PM
Count one here. Still never seen another one almost a year in. Would like to see how many of the 577 were wagons.

p rao
03-11-12, 04:32 PM
208 Sedans and 369 (combined) coupes and wagons. I'm assuming the wagons will be the rarest of them all with coupes being the most produced. I still haven't seen a BDE, other than my sedan. They are all the best in their class based on price, performance, and style. Period!!! I'm blessed and proud to own one!!!!

SoCal_V
03-11-12, 05:29 PM
I've seen a few black diamond CTS-Vs in Los Angeles (maybe have seen CTS-VTwin's for all I know!) and they do look absolutely sick. Darth Vader prowling the streets.

I've owned black cars and loved them when clean but I just couldn't do that to myself again :cool2:

ChicagoV
03-12-12, 10:35 AM
p rao:

Can your guy get total MY 2011 cars produced by body style? People have been trying to get that since 2011 production wrapped last summer. Over on the Corvette sites, those guys have all the information on every model, color and option- check it out, it is crazy how much detail they have.

p rao
03-12-12, 11:45 AM
These numbers seem more secretive than Obama's true birth record. I'm joking, of course!!!
Hopefully, the numbers are released soon. It doesn't make sense to withhold the info. And, the info should be easily attainable....

johnnyjr1000
08-23-12, 02:47 AM
boy .. I'm buying the CTS v coupe BD in the near future ..... to me it's a real stunner & keeper ..... can't believe it exists (sort of like the 1985 porsche 928 S)