: 2010 CTS-V really bad whine when you first start it up any advise?

Blueoval16
01-06-12, 10:10 AM
We have had our 2010 CTSV for 1 1/2 years now with no problems. My wife starts the car up a couple of days ago and it makes the horrible whining sound under the hood. Allot like a belt squeal but much worse. We drove it to the dealer and the sound got better but still you could hear the noise in the cabin, it sounded almost like a vacuum leak at that point. Cadillac says that it is normal and they faxed me a document # PIP4734A. Saying it is normal to have this horrific noise last for 2 minutes. I have lots of Mustangs that are all Supercharged that do not make this noise. We do have a TVS supercharger on our Cobra Jet (it is a race car) but never such a noise. Has anyone else have this issue? My wife does not want to drive this car now. My whole point in buying Cadillac was to stay with an American car company. Now she wants an Audi. HELP!!

longbow0404
01-06-12, 10:59 AM
what about a bad pulley....... One time I had a sound like that on my 06 GTO and it was one of the pulleys.

Hope you get it resolve, its not normal if you can hear it that loud. my 2cents

neuronbob
01-06-12, 01:19 PM
I bet the dealer thought it was the supercharger isolator....for which they have stated that a sound like marbles is normal.

What you describe is NOT normal and it certainly doesn't sound like the isolator.

Post up a video of the sound?

WhoseCadillacIsThat
01-06-12, 01:23 PM
I bet the dealer thought it was the supercharger isolator....for which they have stated that a sound like marbles is normal.

What you describe is NOT normal and it certainly doesn't sound like the isolator.

Post up a video of the sound?

Ditto!