: New Owner

01Solidchange
01-05-12, 05:03 PM
Hello, I purchased an 06 STS this week and have ti say it's awesome. It's has the style, class, and luxury that I have wanted with the power I like to have, have the V8. I do not intended to spend to much on modding it, besides a few cosmetic things. Getting windows tinted first, but was wondering what you other things you guys have done to yours? Interior and exterior to make yours more personal and unique. Are those Dash kits worth anything? I saw a few of you did LED's, can I get those AR a local store? And I also want to black out my lights, do they make covers or so you have to black them yourself?

Glad I made the decision to buy one had hope to enjoy it for a while.

Jesda
01-05-12, 05:25 PM
Wish dash kits? Aftermarket wood?

Welcome to the forum!

01Solidchange
01-05-12, 05:43 PM
Have been trying to find a few places that sell accessories and parts for them and saw on carid.com these dash kits. Would not want wood, looking more at the solid colors, mostly black.

Greg00coupe
01-05-12, 09:25 PM
I did a dash kit for my wife on an Acura once.......... let's not go there why.......... went to exoticwood.com and they had tons of kits. That was maybe 10 years ago. Kit was like $125 and all peel and stick. Not for me but she was very happy and that is all that matters. When we took the car into Acura for services they wanted all the detail.

EChas3
01-05-12, 09:45 PM
Welcome!

My only mods are radar detector, Lockpick, uPAC (HD Radio & iPod port) and hitch. I pony up for XM but not Onstar.

1BadCadSTS
01-05-12, 10:53 PM
^
+ Volant, Corsa/Borla/GMPP, E&G Classics/Vogue, STS-V Sway Bars/Springs/Interior panels etc etc...

MacMuse
01-05-12, 10:55 PM
Welcome aboard!

I stand pat with what Cadillac dealt. Although better tires than the OEM slicks are highly recommended, especially with the V8.

01Solidchange
01-06-12, 11:39 AM
Didn't plan to do much, have it scheduled for tint. Just seeing if you guys had done or knew off a few little things to upgrade or change. This is my DD now, and still in that new car awww where I just go drive cause I enjoy the feel of it.

malatu
01-06-12, 12:17 PM
Stock is a beautiful thing!

EChas3
01-06-12, 11:09 PM
MacMuse is right. There are few tires with worse traction than those that came on my wife's STS (Michelin Pilot Energy). My STS' (W-rated) MXM's were only a bit better. Michelin's used to be great tires in almost every application. They no longer deserve their reputation.

I tend to agree with Malatu about 'stock' but feel my add-ons are very practical.

1. Radar detectors are easy to wire in and pay for themselves.
2. It's ridiculous that the stock Nav can't be used by the passenger (car in motion); it's a great vacation enhancer.
3. I'll admit HD radio is a waste but the uPAC STS iPOD docking is worthwhile.
4. A light trailer saves me from owning a mostly idle pick-up.

malatu
01-07-12, 12:12 AM
I'm not opposed to functional add-ons either. I have a trailer and a hitch for my other DD. A wise use of $900! I'm just not one to make a bunch of mods to change the appearance of the car. Among other reasons, I bought it for it's looks. I do think it's funny though, ..... many folks spend thousands of dollars changing the appearance of their 2005 + STS's. And to each his own! In about 30 years the collectors, generally speaking, will be searching out only the original examples! I know there really isn't any significance in that particular observation .... it's just an observation. ..............and did I ever mention .... stock is beautiful!

Giddy
01-07-12, 07:55 AM
Window rain guards are becoming popular again.

chazglenn3
01-07-12, 11:06 AM
The only mod that I have been considering since buying my STS has been to change the stock grille out for one of the mesh varieties. I wish that Cadillac would have color matched the grill like it is on my 2000 STS. I am torn between having my grille painted White Diamond to match or buying an E&G mesh grille...I suspect about the same cost either way...I just can't decide!

turnne
01-07-12, 08:40 PM
MacMuse is right. There are few tires with worse traction than those that came on my wife's STS (Michelin Pilot Energy). My STS' (W-rated) MXM's were only a bit better. Michelin's used to be great tires in almost every application. They no longer deserve their reputation.

I tend to agree with Malatu about 'stock' but feel my add-ons are very practical.

1. Radar detectors are easy to wire in and pay for themselves.
2. It's ridiculous that the stock Nav can't be used by the passenger (car in motion); it's a great vacation enhancer.
3. I'll admit HD radio is a waste but the uPAC STS iPOD docking is worthwhile.
4. A light trailer saves me from owning a mostly idle pick-up.

Michelins still provide a very good ride

as far as the stock nav system....its ridiculous on many levels...as is the voice activation system

HD radio is a waste.....and if I dont continue to get a deal with XM...it will be gone as well

Warren

rics8
01-08-12, 02:24 PM
08 mild cat back 2.25.
open box intake, left the oem tube.
tint
that's it. and nice classy 20" for the summer.
other wist stock. pearl white

rnkath08
01-09-12, 12:34 AM
euro tails, volant, corsa exhaust, tint, v hood, painted callipers, drilled and slotted rotors, wheels, tires, grille : )
just hit 39k miles before she went in for her winter hibernation.....stock is great, but it is fun to play a bit too...