: 1st road trip down PCH

setherman5000
01-04-12, 07:08 PM
Just took my first road trip in the new V. Took the family along (try that in another car that does 0-60 in 3.9) and had a great trip. We started in Torrance CA then off to PCH (HWY 1)from Santa Monica to Point Magu and back while stopping anolg the way at the Getty Villa and enjoyed the ride. It was a good outing to break in the motor according to the owners manual. The were many stops and speed changes as recommended. Had to stop and take this pic on the way back.

Trapspeed
01-04-12, 09:13 PM
Now that is just simply awesome. Great ride, great pic, and I am jealous as hell. Nothing like a CA sunset. Been there only once and miss it terribly. Actually drove the PCH a little ways from Sunset Blvd. after leaving Gladstones and went south to I think it was I-10 to head back to La Jolla. I'd go back in a minute. Thanks for sharing.

SoCalCTSV
01-04-12, 09:48 PM
2-3 times a week, I drive from Beverly Hills to the 10 West to PCH and up Kanan. It's therapy.

FLTRI
01-05-12, 11:11 AM
We're headed to the coast for a 10 day trip at the end of February. Palm Springs, Temecula and then north. No planned stops, just gonna drive and stop where it looks interesting. Can't wait

Great pic, makes me even more anxious to get on the road!

JFJr
01-05-12, 01:34 PM
I think that the "V" is the ultimate road trip car!

thebigjimsho
01-05-12, 09:30 PM
I think that the "V" is the ultimate road trip car!If only it had the V1's fuel range...

I took my then 2 month old V cross country from MA to the west coast. Started a coastal trip from Seattle south into CA and to the Bay Area. 3 1/2 weeks and 10,000 miles. What a way to break in a car. One of these days, I'll get the V2 to the West Coast...

warpark
01-06-12, 07:21 AM
v. pch. i am jealous. taking mine to miami in a couple weeks but would much prefer the west coast.

thebigjimsho
01-06-12, 09:17 AM
Miami? Ugh. I almost moved to Florida until I realized driving down there sucks and is boring.

Except for maybe driving to Key West. Even then...

JFJr
01-06-12, 10:25 AM
Miami? Ugh. I almost moved to Florida until I realized driving down there sucks and is boring.I live in north Florida and it is surprisingly rural. Southeast Florida is another planet. There are plenty of interesting country roads in north Florida, although they are devoid of mountains. I have to go to the Carolinas or Tennessee for mountain drive fixes.

Jud

GMX322V S/C
01-06-12, 01:55 PM
Excellent break-in regimen! You've gotta get her up on the SLO-to-Monterey segment next--your cheeks will hurt from constantly grinning :D (but avoid Winnebago Alley season!)