: 2 weeks and towed to the dealer again..help

Jdani
01-04-12, 12:31 AM
I really am so aggravated I bought my cts v sedan two weeks ago to the day. Last week I had to bring it back to the dealer for the trunk that wouldn't open and a bad rattle in the door. They fixed the trunk it needed a new latch but couldn't find the rattle so I had to fix. Now tonight I was about 50 miles from home and it sounded like the wheel was ready to fall off. There is a loud clunk when I turn wheel it's really bad sounds like a front end part fell out so I had to have car towed and got a ride home I have about 400 miles on this car. I lost all confidence in this car I really don't want it anymore I need a dependable car. I had 3 bmws in a row for the last 9 years and never ever had a problem. I cant be getting stuck like this and also I can't be taking chances like this with my family in the car that a wheel might fly off. What should I do? Do I have a shot at a refund is there some kind of 30 day policy? What if they fix it and this kind of stuff keeps happening?

thebigjimsho
01-04-12, 01:20 AM
Well, first you need to figure out what the problem was...

GM-4-LIFE
01-04-12, 01:32 AM
Get it back to the dealer. New cars sometimes have little kinks that need to be worked out. Once they are all taken care of, the car should be perfect. I know it's a hassle and annoying, but it will be a very rewarding car to enjoy once you really get some solid time with it. No BMW will be this rewarding to drive. Give it a bit of time.

WhoseCadillacIsThat
01-04-12, 09:16 AM
Too bad.....We're just under 800 miles and just under two weeks. The car needed a front end alignment and one recaro has given away on the left back support (like a broken weld in the framework and no, I don't weigh THAT much!), but the dealership in Williamsburg has jumped on both issues for us. We're happy with the car so far and the dealer is doing a great job working with us. Don't get discouraged yet, I was pissed about the alignment being out and being a suspicious sort; I demanded to know why a new car would need an alignment - front and rear.... they said that it happens very often from the factory. The dealer received a '12 V that had a large dent in the top from the transporter - they fixed it in their body shop - will the purchaser of that 'new' car be informed about that?

smackdownCTSV
01-04-12, 09:27 AM
You had it towed, twice, for that?

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-04-12, 10:31 AM
Jdani

I'm sorry you are having these problems. Do you know what caused this issue? Keep us updated on what you find out from the dealership.

Thank you,
Evan, Cadillac Customer Service

M5eater
01-04-12, 10:45 AM
Too bad.....We're just under 800 miles and just under two weeks. The car needed a front end alignment and one recaro has given away on the left back support (like a broken weld in the framework and no, I don't weigh THAT much!), but the dealership in Williamsburg has jumped on both issues for us. We're happy with the car so far and the dealer is doing a great job working with us. Don't get discouraged yet, I was pissed about the alignment being out and being a suspicious sort; I demanded to know why a new car would need an alignment - front and rear.... they said that it happens very often from the factory. The dealer received a '12 V that had a large dent in the top from the transporter - they fixed it in their body shop - will the purchaser of that 'new' car be informed about that?

could you be more descriptive? I'm convinced that after I heard a pop from my driver side recaro that the left side backrest bolster is more flat than the right side-- and during turns I almost fall out of the seat. My backrest frame was supposed to be replaced and the clicking noise I orginally brought it in for is certinally gone, but the 'support' isn't there. The passenger side seems as flat as the driver's left on both sides ... it still feels off though.

WhoseCadillacIsThat
01-04-12, 11:44 AM
could you be more descriptive? I'm convinced that after I heard a pop from my driver side recaro that the left side backrest bolster is more flat than the right side-- and during turns I almost fall out of the seat. My backrest frame was supposed to be replaced and the clicking noise I orginally brought it in for is certinally gone, but the 'support' isn't there. The passenger side seems as flat as the driver's left on both sides ... it still feels off though.

I first noticed it on a hard right turn when G-force increased on the left back support wing of the seat. It would 'clack' and the wing gave way under the extra load. Then on a hard left, 'clack' it seemed to come back as if something is either broken in the adjusting 'wing' of the seat or it is failing in some way to maintain support. I tried to duplicate the problem when sitting still both sitting in the seat and standing outside trying to force the wing to make the 'clack' and give way support - I could not make it happen as it does under actual driving load. The service manager (at Holiday Cadillac) however, was able to duplicate it and actually described it back to me - so he acquired a break-down of the seat and ordered parts that he felt would repair the seat. I will take it in tomorrow afternoon to leave it with the service department until they make the repair. He also hinted that this was a new and unfamiliar problem that they would be 'feeling' their way through and that the seat may be simply replaced. There is definitely a problem with the Recaro seat back and as you say; it also feels like it is not exactly straight in that it seems to be slightly 'crooked' to the left a bit.... Not satisfactory for an option that costs so damned much!

----------

I'm crazy about this frickin' car though! So far, the dealer has been very up with me on everything that I have brought up - so no qualms at all with that. This morning (cold morning) the rack and pinion steering felt like the lube had turned to super heavy grease - stiff!

smackdownCTSV
01-04-12, 11:47 AM
There is definitely a problem with the Recaro seat back and as you say; it also feels like it is not exactly straight in that it seems to be slightly 'crooked' to the left a bit.... Not satisfactory for an option that costs so damned much!
That's my biggest problem with it. Such an expensive option, the top tier, throne of seats, at over $3000, and this? WTF? And not only that, there isn't any type of TSB for it.

WhoseCadillacIsThat
01-04-12, 12:06 PM
That's my biggest problem with it. Such an expensive option, the top tier, throne of seats, at over $3000, and this? WTF? And not only that, there isn't any type of TSB for it.

What's TSB? Technical Service Bulletin?

The option cost is high, what is the price if you bought these seats outright?

M5eater
01-04-12, 12:12 PM
I first noticed it on a hard right turn when G-force increased on the left back support wing of the seat. It would 'clack' and the wing gave way under the extra load. Then on a hard left, 'clack' it seemed to come back as if something is either broken in the adjusting 'wing' of the seat or it is failing in some way to maintain support. I tried to duplicate the problem when sitting still both sitting in the seat and standing outside trying to force the wing to make the 'clack' and give way support - I could not make it happen as it does under actual driving load. The service manager (at Holiday Cadillac) however, was able to duplicate it and actually described it back to me - so he acquired a break-down of the seat and ordered parts that he felt would repair the seat. I will take it in tomorrow afternoon to leave it with the service department until they make the repair. He also hinted that this was a new and unfamiliar problem that they would be 'feeling' their way through and that the seat may be simply replaced. There is definitely a problem with the Recaro seat back and as you say; it also feels like it is not exactly straight in that it seems to be slightly 'crooked' to the left a bit.... Not satisfactory for an option that costs so damned much!

----------

I'm crazy about this frickin' car though! So far, the dealer has been very up with me on everything that I have brought up - so no qualms at all with that. This morning (cold morning) the rack and pinion steering felt like the lube had turned to super heavy grease - stiff!

that's exactly how mine poped.. turning a semi-hard left turn it cracked.. my tech couldn't duplicate the clicking noise it was making driving normally-- except when I'm in the seat so I'm sure it has something to do with body shape. It still makes a noise sometimes when turning, haven't decided if I should mention it yet. Please PM or let me know if your seat bolsters improve after the backrest replacement. sliding out of the recaro's without pushing the car that hard is getting annoying real fast.

Houdini
01-04-12, 12:12 PM
In the past two days, mine have started to make a tiny bit of noise on turns (creaks). It squeaked for a while until I lubed up some of the joints underneath the seat.

WhoseCadillacIsThat
01-04-12, 12:38 PM
that's exactly how mine poped.. turning a semi-hard left turn it cracked.. my tech couldn't duplicate the clicking noise it was making driving normally-- except when I'm in the seat so I'm sure it has something to do with body shape. It still makes a noise sometimes when turning, haven't decided if I should mention it yet. Please PM or let me know if your seat bolsters improve after the backrest replacement. sliding out of the recaro's without pushing the car that hard is getting annoying real fast.

I'm not sure what they are going to do but I'll certainly let you know what they do and the results. Sounds like this is a problem that Cadillac will need to address....

----------

In the past two days, mine have started to make a tiny bit of noise on turns (creaks). It squeaked for a while until I lubed up some of the joints underneath the seat.

Seems like these noises and 'clacks' are coming from the mid back of the seat - like the adjustable wings at the shoulder blade height....

RippyPartsDept
01-04-12, 01:20 PM
this is the second thread recently (that i can recall) about problems with recaro seats in the V's ... i wonder if it's the same issue or another ... it was previously in a thread called 'rocking recaros' or something like that

GM doesn't sell seats as assemblies so you can't just buy a new seat - they'll have to devise a fix (TSB)

i think that they did get something figured out for the rockin recaro issue ... let's see if i can find that thread

here: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-cadillac-cts-v-general-discussion/244664-cadillacs-resolution-my-rocking-recaro-problem.html

well now that i've re-read through it i'm not sure what the resolution was - apparently the seat issues haven't been widespread enough and similar enough to warrant a TSB
(TSB has to be for something specific and it seems that these recaro issues are not all the same)

some people say that they have had their seats fixed (i guess that OP said he was going to get new seats but never came back to confirm what exactly his dealer did)

there's lots of information in that thread that might really interest you guys

M5eater
01-04-12, 02:08 PM
This is different from rocking. The internal frame of the backrest is breaking and making noise and/or not supporting correctly. Much bigger problem.

cdog533
01-04-12, 02:16 PM
I really am so aggravated I bought my cts v sedan two weeks ago to the day. Last week I had to bring it back to the dealer for the trunk that wouldn't open and a bad rattle in the door. They fixed the trunk it needed a new latch but couldn't find the rattle so I had to fix. Now tonight I was about 50 miles from home and it sounded like the wheel was ready to fall off. There is a loud clunk when I turn wheel it's really bad sounds like a front end part fell out so I had to have car towed and got a ride home I have about 400 miles on this car. I lost all confidence in this car I really don't want it anymore I need a dependable car. I had 3 bmws in a row for the last 9 years and never ever had a problem. I cant be getting stuck like this and also I can't be taking chances like this with my family in the car that a wheel might fly off. What should I do? Do I have a shot at a refund is there some kind of 30 day policy? What if they fix it and this kind of stuff keeps happening?

I think you are overreacting to some very minor issues.

Trunk - minor, bad latch. They will fix it.
Rattle - minor, you fixed it.

Wheel Clunk - Are you talking about the tire crabbing? Like when you are going slow and backing up or sometimes going forward, with the wheels near full lock, and you hear BANG BANG BANG. Yeah, that's normal. Search for similar threads on here. If it's a serious suspension issue, I'd be suprised. Perhaps if you can further describe the circumstances where it occurs.

FWIW, I think your family will be safe...

WhoseCadillacIsThat
01-04-12, 02:30 PM
No, no rocking here either, it's just plain 'broken'. Much like two bucks with tangled antlers when it gives way under load. You know....I believe we sort-of hijacked Jdani's thread and went off on seats.....sorry about that! I was basically saying that we are having some issues with the car but that the dealer seems genuinely interested in correcting them. Not to get off on specifics anyhow...

RippyPartsDept
01-04-12, 05:25 PM
ok well it's not the same issue then but it's similar in that it will have to be handled in the same way

you've gotta inform your dealer of the situation and bring it in
it's not going to fix itself and i doubt you're going to try and fix it yourself when it's covered under warranty

since it's not a common enough problem that there's a bulletin with GM Engineering's guidance the dealer is kind of on their own in figuring it out and fixing it
good luck with you repairs gentlemen

M5eater
01-04-12, 05:28 PM
ok well it's not the same issue then but it's similar in that it will have to be handled in the same way

you've gotta inform your dealer of the situation and bring it in it's not going to fix itself and i doubt you're going to try and fix it yourself when it's covered under warranty

since it's not a common enough problem that there's a bulletin with GM Engineering's guidance the dealer is kind of on their own in figuring it out and fixing it
good luck with you repairs gentlemen
that's being done (or been done in my case), there's no whining going on here, just a conversation and comparison of fixes with similar issues. I wanted to know if his bolster support improves after his fix or if it's just my imagination.

RippyPartsDept
01-04-12, 06:17 PM
that's all good ... i didn't mean to insinuate or imply that y'all were bellyaching

this kind of discussion is what the forums are all about

baabootoo
01-05-12, 12:56 AM
I've noticed metal clunking on bumps when cold, and see that both front shocks are leaking oil. They replaced the rears last winter, and they're still dry.

RippyPartsDept
01-05-12, 10:45 AM
some oil is ok, but if you're clunking then they're probably bad

http://cdn.tundraheadquarters.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/rear-shock-replacement-guide.jpg

source: http://www.tundraheadquarters.com/blog/2010/10/27/when-to-replace-shocks/

Jdani
01-08-12, 09:48 AM
Well thanks to everyone who replied to my post. Well the good news is (I guess it's good) is that the noise in the front end is normal the dealer said. They showed me the bulletin that's out and it does say that there's nothing that can be done. This noise is do to tires size and performance bla bla bla. If anyone would like I'll take a picture if it and post the bulletin. This noise does happen mostly when backing up with full wheel lock. I guess maybe I was over reacting but when you spend $70000.00 and here a noise like that it's a little concerning. I had car towed because I was real far from home when I first heard the noise it was late and I had know idea what it cold be it sounded like something let loose like a control Arm or something, I really wasn't I'm the mood to have my wheel fly off especially with my son in car. As for the trunk problem I did not have car towed for that but did have to bring to dealer. But anyway I do agree with some who said To give the car a chance and I will love it I'm now at 900 miles and hope I can start enjoying it. I will keep you guys posted. Thanks again

smackdownCTSV
01-08-12, 11:36 AM
Just hope you don't get the wheel click, supercharger rattle, recaro squeak, sunroof creak, and diff chatter.

cdog533
01-09-12, 11:08 AM
Give the car a break on the minor ^^ stuff.... or we'll be seeing a lot more similar posts from you and then the typical "I Traded My V for an M5" thread about 6 months from now...

M5eater
01-09-12, 11:13 AM
Give the car a break on the minor ^^ stuff.... or we'll be seeing a lot more similar posts from you and then the typical "I Traded My V for an M5" thread about 6 months from now...

I'm sure we'll be seeing them regardless. Personally I don't give a hoot. Either they want a new car all the time, or they're going to get a dose of reality once they experience a 6 digit german sedan out of warranty.

mberisha
01-09-12, 11:26 AM
It's a machine with a "thousand" moving parts ran by computer making a "million" calculations a second that are inputed by the actions of a HUMAN....sometimes things happen....

Enjoy the car...push the throttle...and when it breaks....that's what the warranty is for.....

I wish I had V2 problems.......:cloud9:

smackdownCTSV
01-09-12, 12:19 PM

It's more to do with Cadillac being better than that. Just stupid little stuff. Especially from expensive options. That's what makes it worse. And they still can't be fixed. The lack of QC on the diff's. Didn't the V1 guys go through this already? The supercharger rattle is not normal and I'm sure we've all seen what kind of damage is done to the shaft of the supercharger. An engineer with all the schooling, getting paid very well, just to dismiss it is shocking. The wheel click was acceptable after the first year. Not on 2010 and 2011s.

Overall, it's this BS that puts down the car down. I'm not happy about making several trips to the dealer over these silly issues. But many 2011s are going into the dealer for stupid stuff and makes the brand look bad. It's probably why so many 2010s and 2011s were traded in and now for sale.

I'm more partial to the M6. But I will not be trading it in for an M5 (or M6 for that matter), GT-R, or ZL1. I have a love-hate relationship with it.

M5eater
01-09-12, 12:46 PM
The lack of QC on the diff's. Didn't the V1 guys go through this already?
what's wrong with the diff's? The deceleration whine?

The supercharger rattle is not normal and I'm sure we've all seen what kind of damage is done to the shaft of the supercharger
Damage? The chaffing? point me to a failed unit please.

The only acutal issue I can think of is the marble sound from the supercharger (which is the isolator bushing.. and can be fixed later via aftermarket if I want to..)
and the seats..the $3K recaro's are the only real complaint I have that's common and is a non-fixed issue.

smackdownCTSV
01-09-12, 01:21 PM
what's wrong with the diff's? The deceleration whine?

Damage? The chaffing? point me to a failed unit please.

The only acutal issue I can think of is the marble sound from the supercharger (which is the isolator bushing.. and can be fixed later via aftermarket if I want to..)
and the seats..the $3K recaro's are the only real complaint I have that's common and is a non-fixed issue.

Did you not see all the threads about it? There is a TSB on it. Didn't you get it done?

Yes, damage/chaffing. The supercharger snout isn't serviceable. So it's not as simple as replacing the isolator, which would happen again. Or make an isolator with a softer ring that doesn't drive into the shaft. Of course there isn't a failed unit or Cadillac would have at least done something about that. So they tell you it's "normal" so you either deal with it/radio louder/louder exhaust/or fix it with a solid coupler. The rattle is very annoying 75% of driving since that's when you hear it.

M5eater
01-09-12, 01:25 PM
Did you not see all the threads about it? There is a TSB on it. Didn't you get it done?
I suppose you didn't read all of it then, it's normal noise. which is fine, all my rwd cars have made *some* noise like that

Yes, damage/chaffing. The supercharger snout isn't serviceable. So it's not as simple as replacing the isolator, which would happen again. Or make an isolator with a softer ring that doesn't drive into the shaft. Of course there isn't a failed unit or Cadillac would have at least done something about that. So they tell you it's "normal" so you either deal with it/radio louder/louder exhaust/or fix it with a solid coupler. The rattle is very annoying 75% of driving since that's when you hear it.
the spring isn't self winding though, it can only eat away but so much..which is why there haven't been failures, and why a solid bushing would fix the problem even of yours is already worn. mine is only audible at idle, but it's just a noise, they wanted to trade isolator noise for gear noise, which is why on 2011 they put a plate right over the screws to try to baffle the gear noise even further. it wouldn't have been my choice, But as far as actual problems go, the iPhone 4 problems rate higher IMO.

smackdownCTSV
01-09-12, 01:35 PM
No it's not. At all. Supposedly it's because of a lack of additive or they were under filled. I've read several posts on here that actually got the whole thing changed.

Yes, I agree on that. It won't cause a failure. It will just cause a very annoying rattling noise. It's audible at idle, part throttle, decelerating, and cruising. There are enough rattles in the car as it is with the recaro's and sunroof. But I still think a softer spring should have been used instead so this wouldn't have been an issue at all. Or even a solid one for that matter.

M5eater
01-09-12, 01:53 PM
No it's not. At all. Supposedly it's because of a lack of additive or they were under filled. I've read several posts on here that actually got the whole thing changed.

those days are over, unless the dealership simply overlooks the TSB completly. All I know is is started right after I changed fluid and added additive according to amsoil's specifications (granted I'm using Mobil 1 LS. )

cdog533
01-09-12, 02:26 PM
Is there a TSB on the diff fluid?

What's the #?

M5eater
01-09-12, 02:45 PM

What's the #?

There's a TSB for the whine that happens between 50-30mph coasting. The resolution is that the noise is normal and no repairs should be performed.

smackdownCTSV
01-09-12, 03:24 PM

What's the #?

#10-04-20-001B: Rear Axle Clunk and/or Chatter Type Noise on Turns (Drain/Refill Rear Differential Fluid) - (Apr 21, 2010)
Subject: Rear Axle Clunk and/or Chatter Type Noise on Turns (Drain/Refill Rear Differential Fluid)

Models: 2003-2010 Cadillac CTS, Sport Wagon (Including V-Series and Export)
2004-2009 Cadillac SRX (Including Export)
2005-2010 Cadillac STS (Including V-Series and Export)
Equipped with Limited Slip Differential (RPO G80)

Condition
Some customers may comment on a clunk and/or chatter type noise from the rear of the vehicle while making turns.

This condition may be worse on vehicles built prior to the 2008 model year. Carbon-faced clutch plates were introduced into production in the 2008 model year and have decreased the likelihood of the clutch plate chatter.

Cause
This condition may be caused by slip/stick of the posi-traction clutch plates due to insufficient limited-slip axle additive. As plates slip and stick, a jumping or jerking feel occurs accompanied by a clunk noise.

Correction
Important: DO NOT remove the differential cover. It is not necessary to flush the old fluid from the differential.

Drain and refill the rear differential with fluid, GM P/N 88862624 (in Canada, 88862625). Refer to the Axle Lubricant Change procedure in SI.

This fluid includes a friction modifier already added with a different formulation that lasts longer and does not break down over time.

Without Differential Oil Cooler
1.10 L
1.16 qt

With Differential Oil Cooler
1.41 L
1.50 qt

Parts Information
Part Number

88862624 (US -1 qt)

----------

There's a TSB for the whine that happens between 50-30mph coasting. The resolution is that the noise is normal and no repairs should be performed.

That's not the only one. Look up! And yes, it was recent that somebody else had their diff replaced entirely. Myself included!

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/9716/imgp0300so.jpg

M5eater
01-09-12, 03:27 PM
That's not the only one. Look up! And yes, it was recent that somebody else had their diff replaced entirely. Myself included!

I didn't say it wasent :P and all I said is they're not replacing the diff for that specific noise.

smackdownCTSV
01-09-12, 03:36 PM
I didn't say it wasent :P and all I said is they're not replacing the diff for that specific noise.

"Those days" aren't over though. Myself and apparently others had the whole thing replaced.

RippyPartsDept
01-09-12, 04:29 PM
'those days' are over ...

'those days' were marked by broken diff housings and broken axle shafts and noise you can't drown out with Megadeath or open headers

'those days' had a lot of CTS owners replacing rear diffs (so many that there were 4 generations of differentials)

'those days' are over ... just because you had a diff replaced doesn't mean that 'those days' are back

we know that 'those days' are over from real world (street and track) stats that show almost nobody having the problems that marked 'those days'

mberisha
01-09-12, 05:26 PM
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/9716/imgp0300so.jpg[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah!!! Good for you.....like I said earlier....that's what the warranties are for!

smackdownCTSV
01-09-12, 06:47 PM
'those days' are over ...

'those days' were marked by broken diff housings and broken axle shafts and noise you can't drown out with Megadeath or open headers

'those days' had a lot of CTS owners replacing rear diffs (so many that there were 4 generations of differentials)

'those days' are over ... just because you had a diff replaced doesn't mean that 'those days' are back

we know that 'those days' are over from real world (street and track) stats that show almost nobody having the problems that marked 'those days'

I wasn't talking about the V1 diff.

----------

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/9716/imgp0300so.jpg

Hell yeah!!! Good for you.....like I said earlier....that's what the warranties are for![/QUOTE]

Thanks. New diff and new supercharger.

RippyPartsDept
01-09-12, 11:03 PM
'those days' refers to the v1 diff.

The v2 diff is 'bulletproof' in comparison.

thebigjimsho
01-09-12, 11:22 PM

Yeah, anyone who tries to compare the 2 as never owned a V1. I thought I had pretty good luck and I still had 3 different diffs...

smackdownCTSV
01-09-12, 11:59 PM

He said "those days are over, unless the dealership simply overlooks the TSB completly." in response to be saying "No it's not. At all. Supposedly it's because of a lack of additive or they were under filled. I've read several posts on here that actually got the whole thing changed." The V1 wasn't being discussed. The V2 and the V2 TSB were.

----------

Yeah, anyone who tries to compare the 2 as never owned a V1. I thought I had pretty good luck and I still had 3 different diffs...

Look up.

smackdownCTSV
01-10-12, 09:44 AM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-cadillac-cts-v-general-discussion/245783-hot-differential.html#post2780056

Just sayin'! :p

RippyPartsDept
01-10-12, 10:02 AM
Didn't the V1 guys go through this already?

I guess I just wasn't following ... i thought you were comparing V1 issues to V2 issues

Kadonny
01-10-12, 10:14 AM
Well thanks to everyone who replied to my post. Well the good news is (I guess it's good) is that the noise in the front end is normal the dealer said. They showed me the bulletin that's out and it does say that there's nothing that can be done. This noise is do to tires size and performance bla bla bla. If anyone would like I'll take a picture if it and post the bulletin. This noise does happen mostly when backing up with full wheel lock. I guess maybe I was over reacting but when you spend $70000.00 and here a noise like that it's a little concerning. I had car towed because I was real far from home when I first heard the noise it was late and I had know idea what it cold be it sounded like something let loose like a control Arm or something, I really wasn't I'm the mood to have my wheel fly off especially with my son in car. As for the trunk problem I did not have car towed for that but did have to bring to dealer. But anyway I do agree with some who said To give the car a chance and I will love it I'm now at 900 miles and hope I can start enjoying it. I will keep you guys posted. Thanks again

Are you in a colder climate? Crabbing happens when it gets cold out and you have the PS2 tires and you do the parking lot full lock maneuver.

PS. A general FYI to all new buyers. Read this site and the threads here thoroughly. You will learn a TON and it may save you a whole bunch of headaches. You have access to this great resource and all the great people here, just use it.

*gets off soapbox*

Carry on.

M5eater
01-10-12, 10:17 AM
Are you in a colder climate? Crabbing happens when it gets cold out and you have the PS2 tires and you do the parking lot full lock maneuver.

PS. A general FYI to all new buyers. Read this site and the threads here thoroughly. You will learn a TON and it may save you a whole bunch of headaches. You have access to this great resource and all the great people here, just use it.

*gets off soapbox*

Carry on.

yup.. PS2's(or any agressive compound tire really) do NOT work when approaching freezing. Mine will chirp when full lock sometimes and she's cold too.

smackdownCTSV
01-10-12, 12:32 PM
I guess I just wasn't following ... i thought you were comparing V1 issues to V2 issues

Just a point that there shouldn't be any diff problems at all after what the V1 guys went through. Now there is a TSB and some are even having the whole diff replaced. He was talking about the diff whine. I was talking about another problem with the diff, the chatter, TSB.

RippyPartsDept
01-10-12, 01:37 PM
ok sure there's a TSB ... that doesn't mean a whole lot

it says nothing about the number of vehicles with the problem

TSBs aren't always done when a lot of cars have a certain problem - often its when only a handful of cars will have that problem and the TSB is there to make sure a technician doesn't overlook something because it's uncommon and/or they never heard of it before

i'm not trying to argue, i'm just trying to be clear - the V2 has way less problems than the V1 (especially when it comes to the diff)

i'll agree that it's a shame that some people have noticed that their diff was not fully filled - that should not happen at all
but let's be honest, that issue is not widespread

smackdownCTSV
01-10-12, 02:44 PM
How come a TSB hasn't been released for the recaro's and sunroof then?

cdog533
01-10-12, 02:46 PM
There is a sunroof TSB.

PIC 5267A: Various Noises from Sunroof

smackdownCTSV
01-10-12, 05:03 PM
It's a BS TSB that still doesn't fix it. It still creaks on chassis flex.

cdog533
01-10-12, 06:15 PM
It's a BS TSB that still doesn't fix it. It still creaks on chassis flex.

Yeah, agreed. I did silicone the hell out of my seals and helped that a bit.

Conclusion: If you don't want any noise, don't check the sunroof box.